Jaco or Quepos

Can anyone tell me about these two town's? The ups and down of each. We are in our mid 50's so does not have to be "party town".
Looking to rent long term close or on beach!

Hello dhasti01 and welcome to expat-blog :)

I hope our members will soon give you some advice.

Melissa

We are heading to CR in a couple weeks and have the same question...which town? Did you visit both and which would you recommend. BTW, sorry no one answered your question...it's a little frustrating sometimes...8-)

No on Jaco. Very shady there. And ugly. Quepos is nicer and Manuel Antonio is there too.

We have visited both areas and of the two prefer Quepos by far.  In fact the part of the Pacific coast that we like best is south of Quepos around the Dominical / Uvita area.  Having said that our future home is just outside of Santiago de Puriscal.  It is too hot on the coast for us.

Thanks for the info...good luck on the future home! We're still trying to decide on a country - I envy you for being so far in your future plans...best wishes!!
kate

No problem Kate, thank you for the wishes.  It took us four years of searching Mexico and Belize to push us further south where we found what we want in Costa Rica.  This was not something we did lightly.  We purchased our property in 2010 and will be making the move in 2014. Good luck and if I can be of any assistance with links and/or information let me know.  I have saved most everything from our research days.
Cheers .... Terry

Funny...we have also visited Belize and the Dominican Republic and now CR.  It seems we are following you...LOL   I'll be sure to let you know what we think...kathryn