Salary for worker in factory

Hi Everyone !!!
does anyone knows how much is the minimum salary for worker in bags factory - worker on sew machines ? how many hours per day ? area Binh tan district ?

Calculate with GDP of Vietnam last year, work's wage per month is about 1000 RMB, that's around 160 USD/month. However, considering population and other factors, it could be less than that. It also depends on where you want to build the factory and local average Incomes.

Start factory business in vietnam now is a wise choice. The main reason for that is because china already start loss it's cheap labor, and the problem will boost up dramatically in few decades. Among all the south-east Asia, Vietnam has most  Potential be the first one to take over the cheap labor resource. It has a larger population and Port that Laos doesn't have; its politically over Cambodia. Country like Thailand, has been developed already. I could predict within 30 years, HCMC and HaiPhong will become two of most important and prosperous city in Vietnam. Most Chinese factory will relocate to HaiPhong that time, so start business early in HCMC before your rivals come in!

Minimum wage in Vietnam is calculated by the cost of 30 bowls of Pho. minimum wage now for state and government workers is a little more than 1 million dong (about $50 usd) a month.
Of course some workers will make more than others depending on their skills and available work force.

I went to a clothes factory and a shoes factory. A normal wage would be 2.5 - 3 million dong. A seamstress is the same. Working hours 9 include a 1 hour break.

jason1975 wrote:

I went to a clothes factory and a shoes factory. A normal wage would be 2.5 - 3 million dong. A seamstress is the same. Working hours 9 include a 1 hour break.

Possible 6 days a week?

New regional minimum salary

The Government has recently issued the Decree No. 103/2012/ND-CP dated 04 December 2012 promulgating the regional minimum salary applying to employees who work for enterprises, cooperatives, farms, households, individuals and other organizations, agencies (“Decree 103”). The Decree 103 shall supersede the Decree No. 70/2011/ND-CP dated 22 August 2011 (“Decree 70”) from its effective date - 01 January 2013.

In compare with Decree 70, the new regional minimum salary of Decree 103 is presented as following:

Applicable Region
Regional minimum salary
as per Decree 70
(from 01 Oct 2011 to 31 Dec 2012)
Regional minimum salary
as per Decree 103
(from 01 Jan 2013)
Region I

VND2,000,000/month

VND2,350,000/month

Region II

VND1,780,000/month

VND2,100,000/month

Region III

VND1,550,000/month

VND1,800,000/month

Region IV

VND1,400,000/month

VND1,650,000/month

Classification of region levels is provided in the Appendix attached to the Decree 103. In which, almost districts of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Phong and some areas of Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Vung Tau City are classified as the Region I.

Noticeably, minimum salary applicable to employees who have been vocational trained (including being trained by employers) must be higher than at least 7% of the respective rate above.

Yeah my fiancee works in a leather factory making basic wage of about 4 mil/month for 8 hour shifts, 6 days a week.. With overtime it comes out to just over 5 mil/month.

She's got about 8 years experience and there's 3 shifts for the warehouse to run 24 hours which she rotates every week. So 1 week she could be work 6am to 2:30pm than next week it's 11pm to 7:30am than next week it's 2:30pm to 11:00pm.

It sounds brutal but since she's never seen Western work standards it's normal for her.

Just curious what would a rough estimation be to open up a factory? Seems like you can't lose money with paying these workers super low wages.

hi, wonder if anyone is in Vietnam and have access to these sewing workers (able to sew every kind of clothing Excluding Jeans and Bras) at the moment ? appreciate all the help :)

Dear Friend,

I am coming to sing on 25 this month. I am John Vu from Ho Chi Minh- Vietnam, can we meet there or can I contact you for some infor of Sing?

Much appreciate,
John Vu
[email protected]

regarding to this post, my parents actually own two sewing factorys in binh tan district. 6 days a week and the minimum wage actually ranges from 1,800,000 to 4,500,000 we export to the US.

Where is
youre factory

@sexiebeast.

You have posted on an old (2014) inactive thread and the person you are trying to contact is no longer a member.