Visiting New York

For one week in February!
Does anyone have any advice on what to do, where to go, what to wear, etc etc??
Also, I'd love to know about what it's like to live there since my stay won't be as long as I'd like.

hello , I am french women I came here on 28th january 13. So, I had to tell you, the weather is cold! I just came here so for the rest I don't know

If I were there for 1 week in February I'd see a few Broadway shows, go to Lincoln Center, Central Park, 9/11 Memorial, SOL, eat lots of pizza and bring a coat.

my NYC favorites are the museums. The MET is amazing, especially the themed rooms, the temple of dendur, and the costume institute. The original Guggenheim building is also really beautiful to visit, and the Cooper Hewitt design museum is not only an interesting museum but also lives in an amazing 19th century robber baron mansion.

As for food, if you go to soho/meatpacking district and wander there are lots of interesting places. Chinatown also has some great food, and you can find tiny ethnic restaurants dotted all over. One visit I was there with my parents and they found this Polish restaurant that they loved so much they went back three times!

regarding temperature, it's cold and even worse, windy in winter. The long straight avenues and cross streets are basically wind tunnels. Not so nice.

I was going to say museums, but 1 week just doesn't give you much time.

I'd love to go to New York, even for just a week. If I were to go museums and galleries would be a must. Also some of the cafes and bars sound amazing - go to some of the places the Beatniks went to! Also, I'd recommend reading Patti Smith's Just Kids to help get a sense of the atmosphere of the place.