Cost of living in Moldova

Hi ,

As you say its very cheap in living in Moldova. Can you please give me an estimate of monthly expenses in Euro or USD.

It will be very helpful.Thank you

You do need to understand that everything is relative, but here are some examples. To rent an apartment in Chisinau - 150-200 Euro. If you want to settle in the outskirts you can find cheaper options. Public transportation cost 0.25 US$, bread - 0.30 US$, milk(1 liter) - 0.70 US$. If you prefer to eat out, it's cheaper than in USA but not really cheap. Ask concrete questions and I will try to answer.

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was actually wanting to know more about the Life in Chișinău .

The details I was looking for was :

Furnished Room rent - process - monthly cost
Rent/Buy Car - which is a better and cheaper option
Home made food only- monthly expense for 2-
Safety of female and expats
Also it would be great, If you can give me any idea about the education system in there for Higher education and its degree recognition [ Just an idea, as I understand you may not be much connected to it].

Settling for 6-12 months in there , is it a good option to explore Moldova and near by countries by staying in Moldova. My country currency is INR 53= 1 USD, so I do understand your relativity theory. But would appreciate If you can give estimation as per USD or Euro.

Also would like to know more about the Moldovian people attitude towards foreigners. Also about the Night Life and Hangout places and their approx costing.

Thanks  a lot for your valuable time. Looking forward to hear form you.

Shubhendu

Can you speak Russian or Romanian? That would be you main problem here, because not too many speak English. It's safe to live in Moldova, but normal precaution  is needed because in any society there are people who are trying to steal. No guns are allowed in Moldova, besides hunting weapons. I would say less than 1% have guns.
It's not making sense to buy or rent a car here. Cars are more expensive than in USA and the gasoline is 1,5$ for one liter(quite expensive in my opinion).
High education is OK. Some foreign students study medicine in Moldova(in English), but it's not recognized around the world, so you will have to get an upgrade on your education here.
Most apartments are furnished and the cost starts with around 150$. I can give you a couple websites with classified, but it's not in English.
Currently I live 70km from Chisinau. I don't go to clubs but I know there are good quality ones. I would say it's up to 10$ to enter.

Hi shubehndu,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Moldova forum.

Best of luck,
Christine
Expat.com team

1000€

Hello grrump,

Thank you for your participation on the forum. The information you share is appreciated. :top:

Please do note however that this thread has not been since 2013. I invite you to participate on the more recent threads found on the Moldova forum.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

I visited Moldova and would consider retiring there.
My available monthly cash is $1500.00 US
Would that be enough to retire in Chisinau Moldova?

If I sold all of my rental properties in the USA, I will have enough to buy a flat or a small house.
Not sure what the cost of buying a flat in Chisinau or Balti Moldova is.
Any info would be appreciated.