New in Mumbai..

Hello everybody! I will arrive in Mumbai next week. I got a new job in a construction company. I work here in Qatar for almost 6 years and decided to accept a job in Mumbai. I know this will be a new experience for me. Almost all feedback from my friends, co-workers, my workers are negative. While browsing, I came along with this blog and I am very happy to read the positive experience of expats and indians living in Mumbai. See you guys!

Hi mmeniano,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get replies very soon.

All the best,
Christine

Thanks Christine! I'm already excited to see your country...I am very positive that I will love your place.

Hi
Your first concern will be the rain.Pls.feel free to ask for queries any time
Art

Thanks Art for your reply? are you an expat?

I am not an expat.I am trying to form a group of Expats wishing to learn Hindi or Marathi and people like me who wish to learn European languages like Spanish.
I provide Assistance to Expats, Students,Tourists (ESTA)and most importantly volunteers free of cost in terms of information and interpretation of Indocentric matters.
Which are the languages you speak?
B.W.
Art

Hi,I am Mrudula from South Mumbai.A warm welcome to you in India.[Moderated: please post in classifieds. So pl feel free to ask any queries.I am sure you will have a very nice time in India.

Hi man. I am not so formal but I'm sure you will have a good time here. Don't worry Indians are really helpful and welcoming. Though you might take a little bit of time getting used to the rains and roads nowadays but then imagine the freedom which is more than that in Qatar ;) all the best and feel free for any sort of help needed.

I'd love to get the chance to visit Mumbai someday in the near future :)

diyanah wrote:

I'd love to get the chance to visit Mumbai someday in the near future :)

Hi Diya. You should come in the winters. Mostly september end or Oct. Best time is between oct to feb. After that its fun but only for the ones who have stayed here forever.

Hi,

I am an indian and Currently in Delhi,relocating to navi Mumbai next week.

Let me know if anyone is from navi mumbai.

Regards

Hi mmeniano,

Mumbai may not be the most scenic place to live but it sure has a lot of positive things to offer.

Hope your experience has been good so far:)

Hi mmeniano

Mumbai is certainly a very good place to live in though a bit weary due to huge population burden it is carrying over its shoulders.

Let me know where are you planning to accomodate.

I am from Mumbai and I can certainly help you (of course free of cost :))

some information for your dear friend

Mumbai has been developed in a linear form unlike other cities which have developed in an encircled manner. So generally downtown is on the southern end and most of the residential space is on the northen side.

Having said this trains and buses and auto's (tuk tuks) are the common means of transport available to commute within the city. All the modes are safe. Trains are quickest and very very cheap.(10 rupess for 30 kms distance)

Buses are also frequently available (we call it as BEST buses) and even they are cheap..but the only problem is it takes long time to travel on roads as the infrastructure is weak.

Mumbai is safe, the problems are about traffic, lack of infrastructure and overcrowd. However, please note, there are many great opportunities as well!!!

Hello,

I know what you mean.. and its true... but everyday 100's of people come to this city with dreams.. and desire to grow.. and the best part.. Mumbai has always fulfilled most of their dreams.. Its a city with big heart..

libertysea wrote:

Mumbai is safe, the problems are about traffic, lack of infrastructure and overcrowd. However, please note, there are many great opportunities as well!!!

If any one visiting Mumbai and looking for in transit accommodation may contact for assistance.

hello,

If you are looking for accommodation, please post your advert in the Housing in Bombay section. It will help you.

ps: Just to remind that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you.

Hey,

Welcome, I've reached Mumbai as of yesterday and am staying and working in Worli for 3 months during the rains! From England initially, although I'm a Patel so do try to blend it (not really working with the lack of Hindi!).

Be good to meet some non-finance guys / girls during some of the weekends - I hear Bandra is the place to be!

Jai

Welcome to India!

Hi,

I lived in Europe for a few years and moved back.  I am looking to meet new ppl with similar mindset and interests.  So this message:))
Hoping to get to know you.