Visa run every three months

I have been living in Panama for the past 4 years.I dont have my residency so every three months I go to Costa Rica for the required 72 hrs and re-enter Panama.Does anyone feel that this will not be allowed in the near future ?

i want to find out about this call me willie in panama 6595-6990 on my cel relly important

I just re-entered thru Tocumen and the agent said I now have a 6 month visa. I questioned him and he said the law just recently changed. Also,he said no more multi entry visa is necessary. Guess I'll find out when I go back in 4 more months. Also, DON'T file for residency here, It screws everything up with your file. I did almost 5 years ago and I am still waiting review on appeal. I really don't know the value of residency anymore. If you really want it. go down to the office and stand outside till a english speaking facilitator approaches you and asks if he can help. Tell him what you want and ask how much it will cost. The bribe should never be more than $1000.00 and NEVER let him go anywhere without you tagging along. You should get it the same day and never pay it all in advance.

Also remember to wear long pants. You can't go into gov't bldg's without shoes and long pants.

So if I'm reading this correct, every 6 months I just have to leave the country and then come back after 72 hours and I can stay for another 6 months?  I'm Canadian and I know I can stay up to 6 months but what if I want to stay longer?
Thanks Krystal

Correct me if I am wrong, but what I have been reading for the past year is that you have to leave Panama every 180 days (without VISA).  And many people post on forums to follow 180 day rule (not six months since days of the month fluctuate).  Also, you can now leave and come right back (say for example you live in Boquete or David--then head to Costa Rica, get a stamp, and head back).  No need to hang out for lunch or be out of Panama for extended time period.