#2 17 February 2013 00:58:05

mas fred
mas fred
Jakarta

Re: English Teacher Vacancy

quirkyjr wrote:

Hello,
I am Michael, I'm looking for an English Teacher Vacancy

Off topic but such an old thread, I don't suppose it matters.
To work legally, you need a degree and teaching certificate.
Your employer sorts out the KITAS, work permit and SKLD (Police registration).

You must be from England or some other country where they speak something close to English.
I understand Scotland, Wales and the north of Ireland are all acceptable.
The US of A and Australia are also considered to be countries where English is the native language.

#3 17 February 2013 01:02:20

mas fred
mas fred
Jakarta

I see you're English.
If pushed and skint, there's always the language mills.
They pay low, usually 8 million/month but tend to be less fussy about little things like ability or qualifications if you happen to be white.
Short of anything else, if you have a wife sponsored KITAP, imigrasi will leave you alone if you work from home, informally.
A few hours a week will see an income of around 12 million/month.

I can help you out with teaching materials.

Last edited by mas fred (17 February 2013 01:03:16)

#5 18 February 2013 12:51:18

lukereg
lukereg
Jakarta

Mas Fred it right, depending on qualifications will determine what work you can get. Now is a good time to get in contact with the National and International schools for possible teacher positions for the new term in July / August. The mills are always recruiting and some pay lower and others but it depends all on you and also where you are living for the kind of schools around you.

#7 20 February 2013 07:28:46

lukereg
lukereg
Jakarta

Are you providing the Kitas? Because an expat here cannot work somewhere without one and cant work for someone else if their employer has issued them with one.

#8 20 February 2013 10:53:35

mas fred
mas fred
Jakarta

The employer should provide
Work permit
KITAS
SKLD (Police registration)

An advertiser should really post a salary but, if they don't wish to for some reason, you should be looking for at least 20 million per month with less than 30 hours per week.

#11 28 May 2014 05:32:00

quirkyjr
quirkyjr
Jakarta

my name is Michael Quirk. I'm from London in the Uk. I have been living and working in Jakarta for over three years now and will be seeking work as from August. Please let me know of any job vacancies  for a native English teacher. Many thanks. Michael Quirk.

#19 06 June 2014 03:33:03

quirkyjr
quirkyjr
Jakarta

hi abbie! thanks for message what school and where are you working in as im still looking for a full time position. thanks mike!

#24 27 June 2014 19:19:01

sofsepsos

Hi Michael, maybe you should submission your cv's as English Teacher to LIA or EF courses, there are is very popular in Jakarta . You can searching in google for the Address informations. Good luck !  :)

#25 28 June 2014 01:41:19

mas fred
mas fred
Jakarta

sofsepsos wrote:

Hi Michael, maybe you should submission your cv's as English Teacher to LIA or EF courses, there are is very popular in Jakarta . You can searching in google for the Address informations. Good luck !  :)

Many 'language mills' have long, unsocial hours and far lower pay than real schools.
I sometimes chat with teachers from International schools, most seem to be on 20 to 30 million/month, but language mill people seem to be on about 8 million, for longer hours.

I'm open to correction on this, but that seems to be the case.

6 members online in Indonesia

Expatriate health insurance Jakarta
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Jakarta.
>> Click here
Expat banking Jakarta
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Jakarta
A few tips from professionals about moving to Jakarta.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Jakarta
Don't worry and travel happy across Jakarta.
>> Click here