Question about posting photos

#1 30 January 2013 23:48:50

Ubudian
Ubudian
Ubud, Bali

Question about posting photos

Having joined this forum recently I am enjoying it a great deal.  There seems to be a lot of very friendly people on it, and Iím particularly impressed with the number of Indonesians who contribute.  Many other expat forums donít seem to encourage local participation, and thatís a shame as the locals can be a treasure trove of good tips and information for expats.   

Iíve recently tried to post two different photos of a Balinese cremation ceremony and they were both rejected.  Neither included any people who could be recognized, so I am wondering why these photos have been rejected? 

Being married to a Balinese and raising our three sons with her, we participate in many local ceremonies and festivals.  I wonít say that Iíve ďgone nativeĒ but my idea was to post photos which show a side of life on Bali that a lot of expats miss out on for one reason or another.  Wouldnít these photos be of more interest than yet another post card shot of Pura Tana Lot, a sunset or a beach?

#4 31 January 2013 11:48:45

Ubudian
Ubudian
Ubud, Bali

Re: Question about posting photos

Hi Pak Fred,

I may have misled you, (ma'af) as what I was referring to is posting photos on the Bali photos section of this web site:

http://www.expat-blog.com/en/pictures/a … esia/bali/

I already have five photos up on that, but my cremation photos were rejected for some reason.

But hey, if I want to post a photo within a posting, I know how to do it, many thanks to you!

Cheers!

#5 15 February 2013 16:32:44

SUP65
SUP65
San Diego

Re: Question about posting photos

I had the same issue. I did get some on this morning though. I think the server was down as far as down loading the pic's.

3 members online in Indonesia

Expatriate health insurance Bali
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bali.
>> Click here
Expat banking Bali
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Bali
A few tips from professionals about moving to Bali.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Bali
Don't worry and travel happy across Bali.
>> Click here