CONVERSION ITAS TO ITAP SPONSOR ISTRI WNI

#2 21 February 2013 04:40:00

Ubudian
Ubudian
Ubud, Bali

Re: CONVERSION ITAS TO ITAP SPONSOR ISTRI WNI

Hi Doc, (I hope you donít mind me calling you that)

I went through that process a while ago and used the folks at PT Bali Ide who were fantastic and very professional.  In fact, Iíve been using PT Bali Ide for most all of the 15 years Iíve been living here.  You can just Google PT Bali Ide for their contact details. 

If you donít already know him, you could also meet and discuss this issue with a fellow Austrian, Hans Hayden (from Vienna) who operates the Cafť Lotus restaurant here in Ubud where I live.  Hans has been around for over ten years and I believe he recently went through this process too.   Heís a wonderful gentleman and youíd enjoy meeting him anyway. 

Good luck and enjoy your diving.

#3 21 February 2013 06:14:43

Dr. MichaelBeer
Dr. MichaelBeer
Karangasem Bali

Hi Ubudian, I would prefer Michael (also Austrian) to Doc - thats just a title. Yes I know Bali Ide, but had not good experience at all with them. Expensive and very slow. I live here in Karangasem, therefor Imigrasi is Singaraja. I applied for 3 times for the ITAS sponsored by Indon. wife there - no problem, no money on the side. I did it all without agent. But when I applied for the conversion to ITAP (5 years)last Sept. it took ages (new officer behind the desk) till it was delivered via Imigrasi Dps to Jkt where it is now. But really impossible to get in contact. The number on the website (which is actually quite good) http://imigrasi.go.id never answers. So I get a little bit nervous, because the ITAS will expire on 25 March. Would you pls let Hans Hayden (with e not like the composer) know that I would like to get in contact with him. Have a nice time.

#4 21 February 2013 09:29:08

Ubudian
Ubudian
Ubud, Bali

Michael, if you applied for your 5 year ITAP through imigrasi in Singaraja wouldnít it be best if you followed up with them for the current status of your application? 

As for Hans Hayden, Iím sending you a private message with his e-mail address.

Cheers and good luck.

#6 21 February 2013 09:53:22

Ubudian
Ubudian
Ubud, Bali

That's unusual that imigrasi in Singaraja would tell you to contact the main immigration office in Jakarta.  That's a first for me, but then again, I've always dealt with the head imigrasi office in Denpasar, or I'd get my Balinese wife to jump on her horse for me.

Good luck!

5 members online in Indonesia

Expatriate health insurance Indonesia
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Indonesia.
>> Click here
Expat banking Indonesia
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Indonesia
A few tips from professionals about moving to Indonesia.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Indonesia
Don't worry and travel happy across Indonesia.
>> Click here