Social Visa Sponsor

I am taking a year off and thus need to apply for a 6 month social visa (twice).

I have friends who live in Bali but they hold Java ID, and I do not know any Bali KTP holder.

I will apply for the Social Visa in Singapore.  is a Bali KTP holder a must? Anyone can advise as the Singapore embassy page says Indonesia ID while a local agent in Bali said it had to be a Bali KTP

Many thanks

Hello Yearoff.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can read this article on Indonesia Visa Info. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélia  but this does not state whether a sponsor has to be from Bali.

I have tried calling the Indonesian embassy in Singapore too but no response via phone or email.

Thanks

Hi yearoff,
just ask for social visa (6 months) and renew it for once.
to obtain visa : ask your friends to make a sponsor letter dealing with why you are coming to bali, the place you are gonna stay, your bank account showing the money at your disposal for your trip, your valid passeport (valid one year after the end of your trip).
Send all documents to indonesian Embassy in your country. They have to answer you.
If they don't agree, they will ask for several more documents and you will obtain direct phone number and contacts in Embassy.
Kind regards.

If you are going to Bali , yes your sponsor has to be in Bali. There are many agents in Bali advertising in the papers there who will give you a sponsor letter. You may have to go to Bali on a 30 day visa on arrival and find a sponsor/agent then go back to Singapore(I understand you live there). In singapore an agent will cost you about S$200 or do it yourself and you have to wait a day longer. so can be more practical to use an agent. i can recommend one in Singapore if you need . Agents in singapore  your passport of course,  a sponsor letter, copy of sponsors KTP, 1 passport photo, the appropriate application form filled out by you and your sponsor, ticket-IN to Bali: usually no need for exit ticket (but you may need a Bali exit ticket when you check in at Singapore airport to go, depends on carrier.Definately no need for bank statements).Messy but after you do it the first time it comes easy:)

Hi!

I just posted a new subject with same questions in spanish. We are in a similar situation as you, Yaeroff. We're a couple who want to live Bali for 6 months to 1 year and can work remotely during that time there. Jeremie, maybe you know the answer to this doubt too... Does the person who sponsor us have to be a direct friend? We have a few friends in Spain who have good firends to sponsor us but don't know if that's enough or do they have to know us really well,too.

By the way, Yearoff, whne are you going over to Bali? We'll be there end of October.Hope to see you around!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Laura and Xavier

Hi all.

Thanks for the responses and I have actually been in contact with the indonesia embassy too.

The sponsor definitely needs to hold a Bali KTP, so I have a friends friend helping me on that one.  Agencies will help provide a sponsor as I found out for a fee, but for me it's the credibility of that person which is important. 

I will get the visa processed in Singapore via an agent and use the agents in Bali to process the monthly renewals.  It's not at all difficult but the agent offers hassle free at a small cost.

Thanks again for all your help

hi there i had no trouble at all but i did have help from a place in ubud called highway immigration look them up on the net and maybe call them they are very helpful... good luck...

Dear Wardrobe,
your sponsor don't need to be your friend.
What they call sponsor is someone who can testify of your situation. It can be a firm, an association or anyone else who can testify of your income, the place you stay...
There are also special agent who get busy with your sponsor, but I am not confident.
Better if your sponsor is a firm, coz they hold KTP, it's like a registration number for companies and Embassy is much diligent working with KTP firm to give sponsor.
On my side, I had a friend working in restaurant in Bali. I introduced myself to restaurant and they employed me.
Restaurant send all document to Immigration office (Resume, my bank account, the firm contract, the place i will live in Bali, my salary, my position....), they added to this document the nama of my manager in restaurant, their KTP number, and I receive Work permit 6 days after.
I don't know what is your job, but if you want to stay 6 months or 1 year, you perhaps can make touristic visa and renew it as much as necessary.
While touristic visa period, you might find a sponsor.
Indonesia is easy when you can directly meet people. Offer your skill, they might propose you sponsor.

Best regards.Stay courageous.

your spanish friends have to introduce you to their indonesian friens. It certainly enough to get all needed papaers to work in Indo.
Don't forget : sponsor has to pay 1200.00 US Dollas administrative fee to Immigration office to get your work permit. So, propose your indo friends to give the money back.

Cheers.Jeremie.

Thanks for the answers :)
We don't need a work permit to start of, we work online with clients from Spain. We have a design studio. So all we need is the sponsor. One more doubt...the embassy told us that we can go with tourist visa and then ask the landlord of the house we rent to sponsor us but that means we have to leave Indonesia, go to syngapore for example , while they do the papers. And this means money.(tickets to syngapore, lodgement,etc) is there any way we can do this without having to leave Indonesia? do you know?

We are looking for sponsors directly form here so we don't have to go through all this as we have saved money to be there 1 year plus what we earn online. Thats why the social visa is perfect for us. We don't have to work in Bali and we can stay there for 1 year.We really need the sponsor.

Hopefully things will work out! I'm optimistic.

By the way, I did'n sign my name last time.

Thanks for everything

Laura

Dear Laura,
you have no way else.
Going to Singapore is compulsory.
It's simple. Ask your paper when you are within the period of touristic visa.
When it's almost done, go to singapore for 1 or 2 days.
you can find plane ticket for 300.00 dollars.
I send you on mail box the name of tour operator where you can find this prices.
If you don't want to leave indonesia, it means you have to get your sponsor, send it to immigration office and wait for their answer before going to Indo.

bye.

Admittedly late with a reply to this discussion, and sorry for that, I am wondering why anyone who is coming to stay in Indonesia for a year thinks they need to apply for a susbud (sosial budaya visa)?  Since mid 2006 the old sosbud (411 visa) and 60 day visit visa both became the new 211 visa and both are extendable here in country for up to four times, each time being good for 30 days thus allowing for a full 180 day stay before needing to make a visa run and renew the visa.

This is a much easier approach in that there is no need for an Indonesian sponsor when first applying for the 60 day visit visa.  During the course of extending the 60 day visa a sponsor will be required, but if one uses a licensed visa agent to handle the extensions for them, the agent acts as the legal sponsor.

In other words, there is no need to worry about having local friends with the right KTP to act as your sponsor.

Hi All,

The sponsor letter or also known as Invitation letter is designed for a person who would like to come and stay in Bali for 6 months long.

The sponsor must be holding Bali ID card, use to be ok for the sponsor not having Bali ID card added with temporary Bali ID named: KIPEM, but now Immigration will reject it.

The sponsor can be emailed to you, so you do not need to come to Bali under VoA and then fly out again to Singapore to get the visa from Indonesian Embassy there, you can apply a Social Visa using emailed sponsor letter.

In term of extending this visa, PLEASE NOTE, the extension request will be rejected by the immigration office if at the time the extension made your current visa is less than 10 days, so please check your visa validity.

@TheWardrobe, you may apply the visa to the Indonesian Embassy in Madrid or any embassy close to where you are residing now.

Following here is the requirements in applying Social Visa:

1. Sponsor Letter (Indonesian National) + Bali ID.
2. Copy of ID card of the sponsor.
3. Photograph 4 x 6 cm, color, any background will do.

Note: The sponsorship can be made and or provided by one of your Indonesian Friend or Visa agent.

Cheers,

Eko ChannelOne

Hi Eko,

Surely as you must know, B211 visas issued these days are extendable in Bali at either of the three immigration offices and that includes 60 day tourist visas.  As with a sosbud visa, a sponsor is required for the extensions but if the applicant uses a licensed visa agent, such as yourself, the agent will generally act as the sponsor.

The only problem is that occasionally an Indonesian Embassy or Consulate office will issue a B211 visa that includes the wording “non extendable” on the visa, but that is rare these days and the visa applicant can avoid that risk by stating on their visa application that they are specifically looking for a B211 extendable visa. 

I simply can't imagine that your own office hasn't handled extensions of 60 day B211 tourist visas. 

The point I'm trying to make is that it isn't necessary for a foreigner to apply for a sosbud visa when their intention is to stay in Indonesia for up to 6 months.  The sosbud visa is virtually no different than the 60 day tourist visa…both being a 60 day visa and both being extendable up to four times, each time being good for 30 days.  So, why bother with a sosbud visa at all when it requires Indonesian sponsorship at the time of the initial visa application?

if Im not mistaken they had to have id card stated that they live in bali. if you dont have any friends that permanently living here, normally the visa agents will help you find one. I know some balinese colleagues here if you need a sponsor, I can try to talk to them.

Cheers!

Vina, a good visa agent will tell the foreigner that they don't need a sosbud visa these days. A sosbud visa is totally unnecessary for the vast majority of foreigners who would like to be able to stay in Indonesia for up to 180 days.

KTP no need to be owned by a Balinese.
All Balinese are Indonesian.
KTP must be owned by an Indonesian.

So much confusion around.
Please contact me for trusty informations

[email protected]

“KTP no need to be owned by a Balinese.”

That's not what Vina said, but indeed, all Balinese are Indonesian.  What Vina
wrote was. “if I'm not mistaken they had to have id card stated that they (the sponsor) live in bali” and she is absolutely correct. 

The sponsor's KTP has to be a Bali issued KTP if the visa renewal is being done at any of the three immigration offices in Bali.  Moreover, any Indonesian living on Bali, regardless if they are Balinese or not, must have a KTP issued from Bali. 

“So much confusion around.”  Indeed there is and it's surprising how much of that confusion comes from those who present themselves as visa consultants. ;<)

Ubidian:

Hallo,
You're right, I was too quick to respond and my english is not perfect.
I beg your pardon.

"If I'm not mistaken they had to have id card Stated That they (the sponsor) live in bali" and she is absolutely correct.

See?
They are all personal opinions.
Who is right?

How do you think if someone starts a sentence with "if im not mistaken" ?
Maybe there are people who have neither the time nor the inclination to guess the right answer.
And the answer is not visa agencies or the kantor immigrasi (especially in ngurah rai!)

That's' cause I'm here! :)

Semoga sukses

“How do you think if someone starts a sentence with "if im not mistaken" ?”

IMHO, and given my own vast experience with imigrasi on Bali, it's not a bad idea to start off a sentence with “if I'm not mistaken” given how often things change with immigration as well as how answers and methods can vary with each of the three imigrasi offices here on Bali.

But, knowing that you're here, I'll sleep better tonight! :cool:

Cheers!

Hi Ubudian,
My husband and I are planning on moving to bali at the end of the year, but are a little confused about the visa process, and you seem to be very well informed. My husband will be working back in Oz, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off roster so will be coming in and out on a tourist visa. Just wondering where that leaves me and the kids. I am worried about making mistake (such as you mentioned with the B211 extendable and non extendable visa)early on in the visa process, any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Let's first talk about your husband.  You say he plans to come in and out of Bali approximately every 2 weeks.  That would amount to 26 entries into Indonesia per year and if you consider the $25 VOA fee per entry, that would come to $650 per year paying for those visas.  For him it might be more useful to get a multiple entry business visa (MBV) which is initially good for 60 days and then renewable here in Bali for up to four times, each time being good for another 30 days…total 180 days (or roughly œ year).  On that visa he can come and go as often as he likes, the only restriction being that he cannot exceed 60 days here on each visit, but from what you say, that won't be an issue. 

It's been a while since I checked, but I believe the multiple entry business visa costs $100, thus a total of $200 covering a year (360 days) as opposed to $650 by going the VOA route.

Another possible approach for you husband would be residency KITAS visa with a multiple entry/exit permit.  And for you and your children, a residency KITAS (without the multiple entry/exit permit) would make the best sense once you are here in Bali. 

KITAS (residency) visas require a local sponsor…typically this is an employer or an Indonesian spouse, but a licensed visa agent can also act as your sponsor.  In this regard I would highly recommend PT Bali Ide http://www.bali-expat-business.com/

They have been around longer than any other visa agent, and I've personally used them for many years before finally getting permanent resident status.  They might cost a little more than other “johnny come lately” agents, but as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. 

You need to be here in Indonesia to apply for a KITAS visa, so for your first entry (when you move here) get a 60 day tourist visa (in OZ of course), which is also renewable here in Bali for up to four times…each time being good for an additional 30 days.  You and each of your children will each require this visa…but that'll get you through your fist 180 days here.

I hope this has helped. 

Cheers, and best of luck with your move to Bali!

I am an elderly (77) American living on a pension. I am  looking for a place to stay long term and call home. I have  been renting by the month and have paid in advance no more  than a $1,000 each month.

I have been living in a bungalow (Villa) next to the ocean in Amed  Bali Indonesia which is very good and I like it, but after 6 months I have  to leave on Aug 22 to Thailand because of impossible immigration rules and procedures in Indonesia.

But I maybe able to get a social six months visa:
With Bobby's help and help from his agent in Singapore I may get a six month social visa. The tour of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia which was to look for alternatives now may become a nice tourist trip around SE Asia from August 22 to September 22. I can leave my big bag in Bali and travel light.

I get a  lower rate because I become a resident. I like bungalows or villas on the beach, a pool is nice, E-mail me at  [email protected]

I am long term resident so I pay by the month - so the first month  would be from Sept 19th and 30 days would be until Oct 18th - I  will pay in advance or put down a deposit. I am also trying  to find the bus to Sihanoukville Cambodia Sept 19th 2013  from SGN Saigon or south Vietnam since there is no airplane. 

I should state that I don't feel like climbing stairs. I am looking for a large room 30イ meters with a nice balcony, a Superior or  Deluxe AC Bungalow is desirable. I can hope to have a magnificent sea view, at least one  good size-bed, Air  Conditioning, hot & cold water shower,  WiFi, minibar or  fridge, a backup generator, quiet and peaceful, with a helpful and friendly staff; like all that I have now in Bali for a little under $1,000.

So what is the price for Sept 19 to Oct 18 ?

I will be in Thailand on Aug 22 with a hotel until the 27th of August, the Rambuttri Village Plaza and I am looking for a place from the 27th of August until  Sept 4, two weeks in Thailand.

I go to Vietnam Sept 4th SGN and have a hotel there until the  9th at the Signature Saigon Hotel . I am looking for a place to stay, long term. Two weeks in Vietnam.
The Island of Phu Quoc Island Hotels, Discount Hotels in Phuquoc Vietnam: Phu Quoc Resort looks nice, and cheap.

I have a small pension and want to find a nice place I can afford to live. Then on to Cambodia September 14th, Sihanoukville, Cambodia; two weeks in Cambodia
then to Singapore for the visa and finally return to Bali on September 22nd.

I left the country (USA) Jan 15 2013 for Bali,  I am 77,   recently divorced, a retired professor. I have been 30 years   in New Smyrna Beach FL with my now X-wife in a $500,000 house I paid for thus have a settlement. I have good character: a professor at leading universities with degrees from the University of Chicago (BA), Harvard (Ed M), FSU (PhD). I have been a high level federal employee   with security clearances.

Dr. Peter E. Pflaum, GlobalVillages
[email protected]
Villas Amed (Bobby's Villas) [email protected]
Bali Jl. Raya Amed, Karangasem, 80361 Indonesia
in Amed Beach Jemeluk

A social six months visa:

With Bobby's help and help from his agent in Singapore I can maybe get a six month social visa for about $1000 including three flights Bali to Singapore, and back and out again you have to have a ticket out to come in.

The tour of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia which was a look for alternatives may becomes an interesting tourist trip. I got a one month extension with three trips to the immigration office
1.    one to get papers and file and get your picture taken and finger prints
2.    two to pay $25
3.    three to get stamp and passport back.
I got a month until June 21, then Gede does it again for July 21, and again until August 21 about $30 a trip plus the fee:
and I go to Bangkok, and Vietnam.

Peter, why don't you simply get a 5 year retirement visa here in Indonesia and call it quits with visa runs every 6 months?

It's really simple to get the 5 year retirement visa, but you'll need a visa agent to act as your sponsor unless of course you've found a nice Amed gal to marry you!

Cheers, and enjoy your retirement.

For Social Visa sponsor KTP is enough. Business visas need a PT.

"For Social Visa sponsor KTP is enough. Business visas need a PT."

A KTP (Indonesian identity card) is actually not enough.

The Indonesian sponsoring the sosbud visa (if one still insists on using this antiquated visa) must have a KTP issued from the same Province as where the foreigner will be arriving and intending to stay. 

"Business visas need a PT."

This is also incorrect.

The new regulation from Indonesian Government, that to apply social culture visa for stay in Indonesia around 6 months there are 2 choice:
1. Directly come to Indonesian Embassy in your country and than ask visa with index 211. This visa same like social culture visa you can extend until 4 times @ 30 days.
When you extend, you still need copy ID Card Indonesian person,
if you extend in Bali you need Bali ID Card, if in Java you need Java ID Card (depend where you extend your visa).
2. Apply social culture visa at Indonesian Embassy with sponsor letter.
please bring sponsor letter / invitation letter + copy ID Card from Indonesian person with Indonesian ID Card (any ID Card)
Please make copy that ID card for yourself (you will need when you extend visa). Sponsor letter and id card you can get by email.
If you apply in Embassy with ID Card from java and than you extend in Bali, also you must bring copy someone ID Card from Bali.

Other information
- If you extend social culture visa in Bali Immigration by your self you must bring to immigration office the person who become your sponsor.
- If you used visa agent, just give your passport and copy ID card your sponsor (for point 2), and they will arrange everything in Immigration office. You can enjoy your holiday and when the extension finish they will inform you.

Hary

In other words there is no decent reason to bother applying for a social/cultural visa in the first place since that process involves a sponsor's letter at the time of application.   

Also, if you use a visa agent for renewing the 60 day visa the agent should act as the sponsor thus there is no need to find a local to act as a sponsor for you.

This is a draft of sponsor letter
From and for;
[email protected]

SPONSORS:
1.This is  draft of sponsor letter
From and for;
[email protected]

SPONSORS:
Staying at the sponsor's villa
in Amed Beach Jemeluk
For more information please contact the
owner Bobby Artana
Telephone: +62(0)36323471
Hp: +62(0)81338430009
E-Mail for booking:   [email protected]
[email protected]
Long term rental lease at $1000 USD a month

A sponsorship letter is in the immigration office in Singaraja from;
Gede De Marta
e mail [email protected]
Phones +62 (0) 85 739 824 024
            81 805 562 946
Amed II. Raya Culik
Abang, Karangasem, Bali Indonesia

2. the copies of sponsors KTP,

3.  Dealing with why you are coming to bali,
Peter E. Pflaum, Bali, Indonesia is interested in being a teaching consultant on Bioenergetics to resorts and yoga or Zen centers. His interest is in establishing as a resident and having annual visas. He has practiced Die Gestalt which is a German word for form or shape. It is used in English to refer to a concept of 'wholeness'. Gestalt may also refer to: Gestalt psychology Dr. Pflaum has used for 50 years.

4. My name is Peter Edward Pflaum, born October 31, 1936 in Barcelona Spain of American parents. My passport number is 468250524 issued by the Department of State in Washington DC on 28 March 2010 and expires on 27 March 2020.
I have a pension of over a two thousand USD a month and can afford to live in Bali.
I left the country (USA) Jan 15 2013 for Bali,  I am 77,   recenatly divorced, a retired professor. I have been 30 years  in New Smyrna Beach FL
225 Robinson Road
New Smyrna Beach 32169
with my now X-wife in a $500,000 house I paid for thus have a settlement. I have good character: a professor at leading universities with degrees from the University of Chicago (BA), Harvard (Ed M), FSU (PhD). I have been a high level federal employee   with security clearances.

5 the copies of sponsors KTP,
     1 passport photo,
     the appropriate application form filled out by you and your sponsor,
    no need for bank statements from WI

6. I came to Bali January 17 VOA for 30 days then I went to Singapore February 17 and returned on Feb 22 with a 60 day visa.
Now I have gone to the immigration office in Singaraja
· Passport with visa 2A125P2030-M V6A026328 211/60 DAYS until May 21 2013 issued in Singapore, renewed for may, june and july and will renew for aug.
l Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
l Hold proof of sufficient funds –  no need for bank statement from Wells Fargo Bank, California USA

Hold proof of onward/return flights
7 Outbound Flight:    Booking Code: J6Q8YF
Departure:    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:40 Singapore    JetStar
    Flight VF241
Arrival:Friday, September 20, 2013 13:30 Bali - Denpasar    Direct
Inbound Flight:    Booking Code: Q3YBGB
Departure:    Thursday, March 20, 2014 13:00    Denpasar (Bali) (DPS)    Air Asia    Flight QZ8494
Arrival:    Thursday, March 20, 2014 15:35    Singapore (SIN)    Direct Flight    $182

Dr. Pflaum's education and experience
Florida State University, Department of Government, Ph.D., 1972 fields include Educational Administration, Regional and Urban Planning and Human Resource Economics. Dissertation topic: "
The Use of Geographic Coding in Public Policy and Planning, a computer application of districting and Redistricting."
Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, Center for Education and Public Policy, Ed. M., 1969 Human Resource Planning and Economics, Master's papers on National Assessment Program.
University of London School of Economics, International Modern History and Economics, Papers on Economic, Political and Social Impacts of Science and Technology from the 18th century to present.
University of Chicago,
The College, A.B. degrees, in Liberal Arts and Social Science, American History and Economics.

Company Name:
MAJU TRAVEL SERVICE PTE LTD
Address:
60 Eu Tong Sen Street #01-16 Furama Hotel Shopping Centre Singapore 059804
Telephone:
(65) 6533 1666
Fax:
(65) 6535 6222
MR Gan

A great deal of the advice and information is WRONG - many are selling unnecessary services at high prices and bait and switch after they have money and your passport

sites.google.com/site/bobbysvillasbali/

sites.google.com/site/wiredbrain/

overseasthinktankforindonesia.com/tag/kitas/

I need a  visa that is good for a year or at least a 3 months extension from Aug. I now have a three months visa V6A026328 until 21 May 2013. I have the one month extension and can get 3 more June, July, August 21. Then my 6 months from February 22 is up.
The deal on VISA and Indonesia you  have a limit of six months unless you get a extended stay permit.
And it is very hard to get the application for longer stays.
My six months ends in August then I have to leave and come back = a three ticket trip
1. ticket to Singapore and
2. back to Bali
3.then from Bali back to Singapore because you must have a ticket out to come in.
4.    The cost of moving to Thailand is far less
5.    AirAsia
CONFIRMED
Booking number : ZC7DXG
Total paid: 1,171,000.00 IDR

1,171,000.00 IDRDPS (DPS)
Bali (DPS)
22 Aug 2013, 1200 (12:00 PM)
DMK (DMK)
Bangkok – Don Mueang (DMK)
22 Aug 2013, 1515 (3:15 PM)

For extended stay:
Please submit the requested documentation as previously mentioned on the last email, which are:

1. Scan copy of your valid passport;
2. Softcopy of your recent photograph;
3. The residence contract made between you and the residence owner, that states you're renting the house & paid $1.000 a month as you described.
4. Divorce paperwork or divorce decree

In the meantime, please send us copy of your photograph & valid passport so we may check your current permit within the immigration headquarter.

Case Style:     MARY ANNE WATKINS PFLAUM v. PETER EDWARD PFLAUM
Case Number:     2012 12314 FMDL    Category:     Dissolution of Marriage
Case Type:     Family Law    Filing Date:     08/09/2012
Case Status:     Closed    Related Cases:     NO

Venue Information - 04 - Matthew M. Foxman
Processing Location:     DeLand    Court Location:     DeLand

Disposition Information - Disposed By Judge
Disposition Date:    12/10/2012    Jury Trial:     NO
Appealed:     NO    Contested:     NO
UCN:    642012DR012314XXXXDL

​My name is Peter Edward Pflaum, born October 31, 1936 in Barcelona Spain of American parents. My passport number is 468250524 issued by the Department of State in Washington DC on 28 March 2010 and expires on 27 March 2020.

1.    The applicant is aged 55 years old or more;done 77
2.    Possessing a valid passport;done
3.    Latest photograph;done
4.    Curriculum vitae;done
5.    Finance statement from a nominated pension foundations or similar, which basically states that the applicant is financially steady and can reside in Indonesia with his or her on funding. The applicant is also required to own the sum of US$ 18.000 on his banking account or equal to US$ 1.500 monthly;yes $2,000
6.    Medical statement from a nominated life insurance company; w
7.    An accommodation statement, proven and issued by the applicant checking account;done
8.    A written statement made by the applicant regarding his intention to hire an Indonesian house-maid or a nurse care during his stay in Indonesia;can do
9.    A sponsorship letter; have in the immigration office in Singaraja

I want:
​Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas or Temporary Residency Permit - KITAS: valid for  one year. A KITAS Visa is the most common visa for foreign residents and requires an Indonesian sponsor. Valid for five years in total, it is first valid for one year and must subsequently be extended every 12 months.
or
The Limited Stay Visa is a single entry visa for a visit that is related to work and to other purposes such as investment, research, family unification, performance, sport, social activities, retired/senior citizen, etc. The Limited Stay Visa will be granted upon authorization from the Indonesian Immigration in Indonesia.​

I am 77 years old a retired professor with a BA from University of Chicago, EdM from Harvard and PhD in government from Florida State University. I was divorced in December 2012 after 30 years of marriage and have a settlement of $1200 a month on common property (a $500,000 house in New Smyrna Beach Florida) and Social Security of $800 so a income of about $2,000 to live on and decided on Bali.

I came to Bali January 17 VOA for 30 days then I went to Singapore February 17 and returned on Feb 22 with a 60 day visa.
Now I have gone to the immigration office in Singaraja
· Passport with visa 2A125P2030-M V6A026328 211/60 DAYS until May 21 2013 issued in Singapore

l Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
l Hold proof of sufficient funds –  bank statement
l Hold proof of onward/return flights

I have a sponsor Bobby Artana at
Villas Amed Bobby Artana (Bobby's Villas) [email protected]
Bali Jl. Raya Amed, Karangasem, 80361 Indosesia
in Amed Beach Jemeluk

For 20 Aug 2013,  The cost of moving to Thailand or Vietnam is less than the cost for agent and expenses plus endless paper work in Indonesia.

" Indonesia's immigration policies are based on outdated laws originally designed to protect Indonesia's  workers from job-stealing foreigners. In today's reality, the immigration system has been distorted into  a cash cow for those that manage it.
The real cost of this inability of the nation's civil service to reform itself is seen in the nation's  weak economic performance, by the lack of confidence of business to invest in wealth producing  industries – of which the ailing tourism sector is only one.
While today's immigration rules cost the nation billions of dollars in lost business, our near neighbors  earn cash windfalls from unwitting (and unwilling) visa-run tourists.”

The tour of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia which was a look for alternatives may becomes an interesting  tourist trip August 20 to September 20.

After a 2 months visa from Singapore then I got a one month extension with three trips to the immigration  office until May 21st.
1.    one trip to get papers and file and get your picture taken and finger prints taken
2.    second trip to pay $25 fee
3.    three to get stamp and passport back.

I got the 60 day visa in Singapore from Feb 22, I got a month until May 21, then Gede does it again for June 21, and  again until July 21 and again to August 20 the trip cost $30 and the fee of $25: = $25 x 4 = $100 plus 16 trips at $30 each = $480 = $580 not including three flights Bali to Singapore, and back and out again you have to have a ticket out to  come in, with costs = $1000.

With Bobby's help and help from his agent in Singapore I can maybe get a six month social visa for about  $160 plus costs;

​Company Name:   
Address:   
Telephone:   
(65) 6533 1666 Fax: (65) 6535 6222
or
Address: Platinum Express Travel
7500A Beach Road
#09-313 The Plaza
Singapore 199591

HANA EXPRESS
163 Tras Street, #10-06 Lian Huat Building,
Singapore 079024

Tel: 65 - 6221 2181
Fax: 65 - 6344 6912, 6224 2975
Mobile: 65 - 9654 0870

General Enquiries: [email protected]
facilitating intellectuals to contribute to indonesia
Archive for the ‘kitas' tag

INDONESIA'S IMMIGRATION RULES HOLD BACK ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
with 11 comments

Image source: ilowirawan.wordpress.com

By Evan Jones

It is unfortunate that the Von Heydebreck-Stricker family's unhappy experience with Padang Immigration last month (JP 21 Jan 2008 – where they were forced into pay Rp1.6 million in questionable overstay fines), is an incident that happens all too often.

Indonesia's immigration policies are based on outdated laws originally designed to protect Indonesia's workers from job-stealing foreigners. In today's reality, the immigration system has been distorted into a cash cow for those that manage it.

The real cost of this inability of the nation's civil service to reform itself is seen in the nation's weak economic performance, by the lack of confidence of business to invest in wealth producing industries – of which the ailing tourism sector is only one.

While today's immigration rules cost the nation billions of dollars in lost business, our near neighbours earn cash windfalls from unwitting (and unwilling) visa-run tourists.

For example, every foreigner's application for a KITAS (Resident Stay Permit) must be made at an Indonesian Embassy outside the country. So scores of foreigners board daily flights to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur to apply for, or to renew their visas.

To avoid days standing in consulate queues, many prefer to use local “visa brokers” whose inside embassy contacts speed up the multi day process.

How big is this business? Take Mr Tan, whose Singapore agency has made a handsome living off this archaic visa process for over 35 years. He started back in the early 70's, at a folding table outside the old Indonesian Embassy on Orchard Road. Nowadays, his sleek office has a
staff of seven, he drives a new Mercedes, he has a country house in Australia and his lucrative business enabled him educate his children at British universities. Multiply Mr Tan by several dozen and you get an idea of how big this business is.

The opportunities to gouge cash from immigration “services” reaches all the way to Ambassadorial level. Former Indonesian ambassador to Malaysia Hadi A. Wajarabi is facing accusations that he misappropriated a whopping USD2.6 million in visa fees during his term
in Kuala Lumpur.

But a few million dollars in embezzled visa fee revenues misses a larger point. Hard-to-comply-with visa regulations have prevented entire industries from setting up shop in Indonesia.

A classic example exists in ship repair, where global shipyards have set up branch yards in Indonesia, a competitive place to carry out low value metal bashing. But the big ticket value of a modern ship is in the machinery and electronics. This business stays in Singapore and
Malaysia because the cost (and risk of arbitrary arrest) of mobilising specialist foreign technicians within Indonesia is not worth the trouble.

While it is hard to measure lost opportunities in industry, we can more easily see the losses caused by the 2004 Visa On Arrival rules. Of the 40 million tourists who visit Asean each year, a mere 5 million visit Indonesia. Tuk Tuk Lake Toba, for example, is now a ghost town. A dozen world class golf courses in Batam and Bintan struggle to stay solvent as pre 2003 annual arrivals of 1.6 million lie stagnant at under 900,000.

One can measure a country's level of development by the ease with which it's residents can understand and comply with government regulations. Indeed, there is a trend is for governments everywhere to improve public service standards – for government departments to
(publicly) benchmark their own service performance.

But Indonesia's immigration rules are moving in the opposite direction. There are more and more rules and the newest regulations are even harder to understand and comply with, than the old ones. The Von Heydebreck-Stricker family's recent experience is an example of this trend.

In the past decade, the many calls to reform Immigration's antiquated rules were sidetracked by vested interests who don't want to see the Department of Justice and Human Rights lose this cash-bearing Immigration cow.

Mr. Sofyan Wanandi, head of the Indonesian Business Association, explained the difficulty of implementing reform at last week's APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) APEC meeting. “Too many sectorial interests, including civil servants with unclear motives, obstruct efforts,” he explained.

Sofyan thinks the solution to reform lies in giving the reform job to well paid highly professional talent and keeping it away from the hands of bureaucrats.

Ten years ago the term “reformasi” was a popular catchcry. Could a review of how well today's Indonesia's civil service serves it's public, explain why the word has fallen into disuse?

_____
Evan Jones is an Australian business analyst, 30 years in SE Asia.

Company Name:
Address:
Telephone:
Fax: (65) 6535 6222

or

Address: Platinum Express Travel
7500A Beach Road
#09-313 The Plaza
Singapore 199591

or

HANA EXPRESS
163 Tras Street, #10-06 Lian Huat Building,
Singapore 079024

Tel: 65 - 6221 2181
Fax: 65 - 6344 6912, 6224 2975
Mobile: 65 - 9654 0870

General Enquiries: [email protected]

A social six months visa

hana-express.com.sg/useful_info.html

[email protected]

I have a loft if you want to visit

Pictures of Amed
google.com/search?q=amed+bali&newwindow=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=35q5UaeEKcWHrgfyuIDQAg&ved=0CEsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=564

Born,in Barcelona 1936 Baby born under bombs said the papers because my father Irving was chief of UPI in Madrid. Travel in Europe 1959 - 1965 London Amerstdam then Puerto Rico 1965 - 1967, My parents lived in Javea Spain from 1969 to 2004 - Villa Windfall.  One daughter Sara a DVM in Inverness Scotland specialist with fish farms. Son in Miami in finance of energy for utilities, daughter in Newcastle UK, two children in NYC who travel extensivly. Mother Melanie published 1 dozen travel novels.

I have a small pension and want to find a nice place I can afford to live.
I left the country (USA) Jan 15 2013 for Bali,  I am 77,   recently divorced, a retired professor. I have been 30 years   in New Smyrna Beach FL with my now X-wife in a $500,000 house I paid for thus have a settlement. I have good character: a professor at leading universities with degrees from the University of Chicago (BA), Harvard (Ed M), FSU (PhD). I have been a high level federal employee   with security clearances.
Nice web sites, these are my work on where Home: AWAY FROM HOME

bobbysvillasbali.com/

[email protected]
in Amed Beach Jemeluk
For more information please contact the
owner Bobby Artana
Telephone: +62(0)36323471
Hp: +62(0)81338430009
E-Mail for booking:   [email protected]

[email protected]

travelblogs.mapquest.com/37230/amed-eastern-bali

bobbysvillasbali.com/

I have a loft if you want to visit

I have a small pension and want to find a nice place I can afford to live.
I left the country (USA) Jan 15 2013 for Bali,  I am 77,   recently divorced, a retired professor. I have been 30 years   in New Smyrna Beach FL with my now X-wife in a $500,000 house I paid for thus have a settlement. I have good character: a professor at leading universities with degrees from the University of Chicago (BA), Harvard (Ed M), FSU (PhD).
Interesting Blog:
travelblogs.mapquest.com/mojones/mojos-super-happy-fun-time-australia-slash-se-asia-edition/amed-bali

Thats a long post, I gave up reading it. Is there any simple point or summary?

SPONSOR: IN ENGLISH
Just contact
Company Name:
ADVANCE TRAVEL SERVICE PTE LTD
Address:
60 Eu Tong Sen Street # 01-16 Furama Hotel Shopping Centre Singapore 059804
Phone:(65) 6533 1666
[email protected]
[email protected]

He will take care of your visa in two days for $100 fee and $60 cost of visa

1.This is a draft letter of sponsorship
From and to;
[email protected]

SPONSOR:
Staying in a villa of sponsor
Villas Amed (Bobby Villas) [email protected]
Bali Jl. Raya Amed, Karangasem, Indonesia 80361
Amed beach Jemeluk in
For more information please contact
Owner Bobby Artana
Phone: +62 (0) 36323471
Mobile: +62 (0) 81338430009
E-Mail for booking: [email protected]
[email protected]
Long lease long term lease at $ 1000 USD per month

A sponsorship letter is at the immigration office in Singaraja from;
Proof of Foreign PERSON REGISTRATION
Register numbers; 2G11ED.0244 - MK
Gede De Marta
e mail [email protected]
Phone +62 (0) 85 739 824 024
          081 805.562.946
Amed II. Kingdom Culik
Abang, Karangasem, Bali Indonesia
Province BALI - DISTRICT KARANGASM
I Gede Sumarta
14-07-1980 kidnapped men FEET AGENCY BR BUAYANG

2. sponsor ID card copy,

3. Dealing with why you come to bali,
Peter E. Pflaum, Bali, Indonesia attracted a consultant to resorts and Bioenergetics teaching yoga or Zen center. His interest in the building as a resident and has an annual visa. He has been practicing Die Gestalt is a German word for form or shape. It is used in English to refer to the concept of 'wholeness'. Gestalt may also refer to: Gestalt psychology Dr. Pflaum has been used for 50 years.

4. My name is Peter Edward Pflaum, born October 31, 1936 in Barcelona Spain from American parents. My passport number is 468250524 issued by the State Department in Washington DC on March 28, 2010 and ended on March 27, 2020.
I have a pension of more than two thousand USD per month and be able to live in Bali.
I left my country (USA) January 15, 2013 to Bali, I 77, recenatly divorced, a retired professor. I have 30 years in New Smyrna Beach, FL
225 Robinson Road
New Smyrna Beach 32169
with my now X-wife a $ 500,000 house that I paid to have a settlement. I have a good character: a professor at a leading university with a degree from the University of Chicago (BA), Harvard (Ed M), FSU (PhD). I have high-level federal government officials with security clearance.

5 copies of ID card sponsor,
1 passport photo,
appropriate application form filled in by you and your sponsor,
no need for a bank statement from WellsFargo Bank in California.

6. I came to Bali January 17 VOA for 30 days and then I went to Singapore on FEB 17 and back to Bali on February 22, with a 60-day visa.
Now I have to go to the immigration office in Singaraja
· Passport with visa V6A026328 2A125P2030-M 211/60 DAYS until May 21, 2013 which was published in Singapore, new for May, June and July, and will renew for August
l Hold a passport valid for at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
l Hold proof of sufficient funds - no need for a bank statement from Wells Fargo Bank, California USA

Hold proof of onward flight / back
7 Outbound Flight: Booking Code: J6Q8YF
Departure: Friday, September 20, 2013 10:40 Singapore JetStar
Flight VF241
Arrival: Friday, September 20, 2013 13:30 Bali - Denpasar Direct
Inbound flight: Booking Code: Q3YBGB
Departure: Thursday, March 20, 2014 13:00 Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) Air Asia Flight QZ8494
Arrival: Thursday, March 20, 2014 15:35 Singapore (SIN) Direct Flights $ 182

Education and experience of Dr. Pflaum's
Florida State University, Department of Government, Ph.D., 1972 including the field of Educational Administration, Urban and Regional Planning and Economics of Human Resources. Dissertation topic: "
Use of Geographic Coding in Public Policy and Planning, computer applications and Redistricting districting. "
Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, Center for Education and Public Policy, Ed. M., 1969 Human Resource Planning and Economics, Master paper on the National Assessment Program.
University of London School of Economics, Modern History and International Economics, Economic Papers, Political and Social Impact of Science and Technology from the 18th century to the present.
University of Chicago,
The College, A.B. degrees, in the Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Economics and American History.

Company Name:
ADVANCE TRAVEL SERVICE PTE LTD
Address:
60 Eu Tong Sen Street # 01-16 Furama Hotel Shopping Centre Singapore 059804
Phone:
(65) 6533 1666
[email protected]

Luke, this guy is like a broken record…he posts the same thing over and over again, and not just on this forum either.:rolleyes:

Hi Ubudian,

Can you recommend some reliable visa agent or company around legian / Sanur area, if you know one?
I understand from you that, there is no need to get the social visa done, in order to stay in Bali for 6 months? We could just arrange for the 6 months visa when we arrive in Bali?

Thanks in advance!
cheers :)

No, no, no.

You cannot arrange a "six month" visit visa upon arrival in Bali.  And moreover, the visit visa I was talking about is a 60 day visa which is renewable here in Bali for up to four times, each time being good for another 30 days, or, total stay, 180 days (close to 6 months)

The 60 day visit visa has to be obtained in advance of arrival in Indonesia at any Indonesian embassy, and most Indonesian consulates, world wide.

If you arrive here without a prearranged visa, and your come from an approved country, you will be issued a visa on arrival (VOA) which is good for 30 days, but also renewable once for an additional 30 days.   

As for a good visa agent, for many years I used PT Bali Ide (and you can Google for their contact details).

Dear Ubudian,

Thanks for your information. greatly appreciate!

Dear Ronny,

Once you are 55 years old you are eligible to apply for a retirement visa, to reply your questions in short:

1. You can apply for a retirement visa outside Indonesia
2. Your partner can not sponsor you, it must be done by a travel agent or another organization holding the lisence issued by the Ministry of Board of Tourism.
3. There are various requirements but not so complex as you may think of but as mentioned you need to have 3rd party involved.
4. Applying for the retirement from here is also an option

On a retirement visa you are not allowed to work....just a side note.

Cheers,

Hi Ronny,

Only now saw your reply.

Very welcome and hope you will get all info needed from the agent in Bali.

Otherwise let us know here.

Cheers,
Tom