Filipino page, raise your hands please. :D

im a filipino from cavite currently in kelapa gading jakarta.

newbie po...
hope to see some hands. :D

Welcome newbie

Welcome bro dito sa jakarta. Dami pinoy jan sa kelapa gading.

medyo may mga kakilala na nga po ao ser. haha thanks hanap pa ng iba dito sa Expat.com. :)

Hello jan14noel and PhilCoulson.

Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi AurélieZ,

yes, i do apologize for that. thank you. :D

hello

hey EMQSD!

where are you from PH? im from dasmarinas cavite. :D

where are you here in JKT?

Hi Riza here, from the Philippines, just arrived in Jakarta 2 weeks ago with my family (husband and 7yr old kid) I am looking forward in meeting new friends :)

Hi riza, i see your from kelapa gading, i live in kelapa gading too. :) where do you work here in jakarta?

Hi Phil, I am actually not working, hence looking for some friends round about this area, I see that you are also new here in Jakarta, have you made lots of friends already? I was told there are a lot of Filipinos who lives at KP area too, hope I could meet some of them too :)

Riza A wrote:

Hi Phil, I am actually not working, hence looking for some friends round about this area, I see that you are also new here in Jakarta, have you made lots of friends already? I was told there are a lot of Filipinos who lives at KP area too, hope I could meet some of them too :)

Hi riza, yes theres a lot of filipino in kelapa gading. Im a filipino staying at sudirman area.
You can pm me

Hello! I'm also residing in Kelapa gading, do you go to Sunter Catholic church?

PhilCoulson wrote:

newbie po...

Hi Sybel, sorry late reply been busy for a while :) not been to Sunter catholic Church as yet, is there any active Filipino community, club or group that has regular meetings and activities here?

Yes, Filipino community in that area is active. Try to join the Filipino Sunday mass at 10:30 a.m.

Hello, I'm from Quezon City. Just moved to Jakarta 7 weeks ago.

Hi....

I am here in Tagum City Philippines.
I would like to buy a product their in Jakarta, the package is not too large it's just hand carry.

How much is the charge? kahit hindi po door to door....

Hello Guys,

I am in Jakarta also from Manila. Spending two weeks in Indonesia and two weeks in the Philippines every month. Hope to meet new friends here :)

hi present just new here...

hi hello po bago lang po sa jakarta....naghahanap ng mga bagong magiging kaibigan....

@ fernando3 > In english please on this english speaking forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello! Moving to Jakarta in July! Hope to meet some Filipinos there...anyone from Kemang area?

ok

Lets meet when ur here...

welcome aboard! :)

Hi, Im Ray and I was born in Cebu. Although technically Im a Filipino citizen, I grew up in Indonesia. The Filipino community in Indonesia is a lot smaller than it was before. Thats why Im hoping to meet other Pinoys living in and around Jakarta as a way to keep in touch with my roots.
Well, if you have any questions, Id be more than happy to be obliged.

Ray  :)

:cheers: anybody here from pangasinan and living at MT HARYONO JAKARTA OR near of this.

Hello there,

I'm Isah and also a Filipino, me and my colleagues will travel to indonesia for 21 days next month. Hope we could meet you guys and our fellow kababayans as well. We don't know much about the place and their language, hope some of you could accomodate us while we are there.

thank you.

Hi, u can message me, i am happy to help.

Hi all,

I am looking for information about Philippines as i plan to visit Philippines after I learn about the city..

Does anyone know about the market that sells gregory or backpacks? since I travel around the world to hunt for beautiful rucksack made in each country. Please let me know if you lot have information about it.

Thank you.

Fahmi Mubarak

PhilCoulson wrote:

newbie po...

I just moved to Sby. :) if any pinoys want to visit Surabaya. Let me know. :) i'm moving to Surabaya Forum. :)

Hello guys! I'm not yet in Jakarta but my flight will be this coming Monday.

I'm going there alone and will be staying for 1 month.

I'm a bit worried about questions in the immigration and are they strict in going to Jakarta?

I hope someone can help me about this. Thank you so much!

Yes, it's a bit strict going to Jakarta, they know most Filipino go here for teaching opportunity. unless you can show them that you are really a tourist. staying for a month does not seem like you are going to be a tourist. unless you have gone a lot of places and stayed there for similar length of time.

tourist usually spends 1 or 2 weeks or less in 1 city. if you have a job or a business that would support your tour, then it's less doubtful. show them your I.D. or business permits.

this is just based from my experience. :)

Thank you PhilCoulson for answering my questions.

Actually, I am a teacher. So I guess I have to try some other time, but I really want to go there.

I'm so sad.  :sosad:

iamcharmestember wrote:

Thank you PhilCoulson for answering my questions.

Actually, I am a teacher. So I guess I have to try some other time, but I really want to go there.

I'm so sad.  :sosad:

it would be hard to look for teaching posts by this time of the year, usually they are full already. I would suggest applying from ph through jobstreet.id or similar websites... or if you are really into trying it out, you can show that you are really a tourist. :)

Actually i am looking for jobs through jobsdb and jobstreet.  I have tried to send applications as well,  bt no response from them.  Hehehe..

I would like to know your (and other Filipino expats here) immigration experiences here in the Philippines.  Were there any instances that they have been rude to you or to other fellow kababayan?

Personal Experience:

2011 - vacation in Jkt, since i have family relatives there. (around 2-3 weeks, i was not looking for a work)

2012 - i'm in jkt as a tourist again this time im looking forward in working here, i was able to find a job. the job provided me with work permit. i only had 1 yr contract with them. then  went to back to Mnl.

2013 - i had a job interview with another school in Jkt while i was outside Jkt, they said they can not provide work permit, they can only provide business permit (under the law, you should not work under business permit). I agreed with the terms since i wanted to keep working in Jkt even though i know it was risky. The school bought the tickets for me, i will go to Sg first to process my business permit, then go to Jkt. My ticket was to stay in Sg for 3 days and 5 days in Jkt (will just rebook or cancel the flight from Jkt to Mnl.)

- the immigration problem: i went ahead with my flight, paid my travel tax, checked-in my baggage, paid the airport fee. and here comes the immigration. She(immig officer) saw that i just came from Jkt for 1 yr, and now i am coming back, with another instance of 3 weeks stay in 2011. (at this time, i did not know how risky it was until i'm starting to experience it, i should not tell them that i will be working in Jkt.). she told me to wait in an area that has a lot of chairs with immig officers waiting at the end of the line. it was a short line though. Then my turn came and asked me the same question. I told them some lies that did not work, like.. i'm just planning to get my stuff from my previous employer. i already am planning a business here in Mnl. they said, where is the business permit? (of course i dont have it) I said, it was with my relatives. they asked me to get it from them. My house was 2 hours away, even if i can get the business permit from my family, i will not be able to join the flight. I was very nervous and scared that i will not be able to make my flight. They even told me that, "is this what your employer told you to say?" from this statement, i knew that they know that I am planning to work in Jkt. then our conversation lead to my relatives there in Jkt. I even showed them my pictures with the family relatives since we had different last names. When they knew i had family members there, they released me from that holding area. It was a nightmare being held by the immigration. The person who came 1st in line was still there, holding her phone, trying to contact someone. I hope she made it through the flight.

I was able to go inside the gate even though i think i spent around 30 mins in the holding area of the immigration. when i arrived in Sg, i had no problems. In Jkt immig, i also had no problems.

Just reading here the last few posts.....i just want to say that you better don't take a job in Indonesia without having the right work permit.

A business or any other visa does not allow you to work.

You need to have a working permit (IMTA) what the employee need to apply with the Manpower Department.

If one get caught working without the right permit, there can be penalties of Rp 500.000.000 and 5 years prison.

You should never consider an offer to work if the company is not able to get the IMTA from the Manpower.

Hi HappyHour,

I did not know that. AFAIK, Once caught, you will be deported and banned. It's a good thing that i have a kitas now. :)

Thank you for your input happyhour.

Deported and blacklisted is certainly also on the list....

So if you have a working KITAS now it seems all good.

If I was you, I just would avoid telling those things on a public forum also it can mislead others to do the same not knowing they may do something illegal.