Caregiver/Au pair Norway

Hej Everyone,
I'm KJ-23, fresh graduate in caregiving (pediatrics and geriatrics)
Please anyone?
HT

I am not sure on whether you need to be single, you need to below 30 y o and not to have children, although I know somebody who had children and still came as au pair in Norway. Leaving the children in the home country though. You should look on UDI website but I am pretty sure you could apply with your current status, taking that you are below 30

Hi.. Might be moving to Bergen, Askoy to work as an Au Pair in the later part of the year. Just wanna find out how's the standard of living there? Is is copable with the amount of allowance given as i heard the standard of livign in Norway is very high.

hmmmm...

Hello,
How did you apply for Norway?
Goodluck to us
HT

Thank you Monde-I've read the new law and haven't read about "must be single and no kids"
But the new law is-aupair must not a perent meaning no kids which I don't have.
I will try to find out more and apply..
Thanks again :-)
HT

Hello Karren,

Just thought of venturing out to see the other part of the world since im still young and there's no commitment.. Do you roughly know how much are the stuff there? E.g. Shower gel, shampoo, etc.. As all these aren't provided.. So i need to see whether i can survive with the given allowance.. =)

Cheers.
Silvia

Hello Silvia,
I believe those shampoo and stuff are provided. If not then you should buy loads from your country? because it's expensive in Norway. Literally. All my foreign friends told me. However, they also said that it is the most beautiful they seen and number one best country in the world. I wish we can make it :-)
I don't know the prices of girlies stuff though, try to search in Google, but it won't give you a precise rate. Just think that it is expensive there :-) but beautiful to live :-) Perhaps try to sneak some of your host shampoo every time you take a shower-joking aside :-)
But seriously-I believe they provide it too.
Go for it..
HT

Hello Karren,

Hopefully its provided.. =)... Looking forward to see your reply regarding your skype meeting with your host family this thursday!!! All the best, Karren!!!

Cheers,
Silvia

Hej Silvia,
I hope you're making it well in Bergen searching ;-)
The expensive life in Norway is the Tax, but the government give consideration especially when there is an especial celebration i.e Christmast and New Year. Anyway, you'll receive your salary after tax :-) you actually have no worries about it instead just enjoy life :-)

Good luck
HT

Hello Karren,

Thanks for getting back to me! =D.. But with the 5000Nok as allowance is it really more than enough? as we have yet to add in the transportation and many more... My host family told me that Norway is expensive too.. hehes... so in my mind i have this mentality to think that Norway is super expensive.. My friend who went there for 5mths studies she told me it's expensive too.. hahas..

Cheers,
Silvia

Hello Silvia,
It is amazing to know that you already have your host family in Bergen.
How did you find them by the way?
I envy you now-haha
Your annual allowance for your norwegian study is  minimum 7500NOK and that you use for your transportaion. I'm not sure there is a tuition fee, because it is free to study in Norway whatever you want, however only for the Norwegian nationals, but aupair is expected to indulge in learning their language and surely it is free. So the MINIMUM 7500 allowance you get is for your transportaion etc. And you can save the wages you get per month. If you just be wise in money, i'm sure you can save for your future however expensive they said about Norway :-)
Keep on searching :-)
HT

Hey Silvia,
Incase you don't know..
Read this new aupair law in Norway :-)
http://www.udi.no/norwegian-directorate … #therights

Lots of luck
HT

Hello Karren,

Sorry for the late reply.. Was celebrating Chinese New Year over here.. =)..

I signed up via this webby. www.newaupair.com and the host family contacted me when they saw my profile. You can try signing up too! Who knows there will be a few families who dont mind that you are married. =)..

Yaps, i know about the new rules and regulation. but the 7500NOK is for the whole year.. and it's solely for learning Norweigian i think? Not too sure either..

Hopefully i can get a response from UDI in March! =D.. That will be the 5month! =D...

By the way, it takes 5months for UDI to process each application and it can be changed as and when... =)

Have a blessed week ahead, Karren!
=D

Cheers,
Silvia

Hello Silvia,
It is a shame of me not greeting you a chinese new year-I hope you had a lot of laughter that day :-)
Thank you for the website. I registered myself yesterday. The good thing about the website is you can choose all the country you want.
Wow-5 months you waited for that. I hope you can fly soon. I'm sure you'll enjoy the country.
Let me know when you're in Bergen already-I'm excited for you :-)
Bless your plan
HT

Hello Karren,

Thanks! Indeed i had much fun celebrating chinese new year.. =D..

Yaps! The website is awesome... Soon you will have families from different countries showing their interest with your profile.. =)... But there are some scammers/hackers inside.. Please do not reply to any emails from the so called "interested host family" who emailed you directly and did not add you saying that they are interesred with your profile.. Each family who registered from the website has a membership number.. so check the membership number from the website.. If you cant find it fron the website it means the family has been removed as they are scammers/hackers.. =)...

Hope to hear good news from you too!!! Hopefully you will get posted to Norway then we might get a chance to meet up.. =)

cheers,
Silvia

Wow. These exchanges can also be tried in private messages.

I think it's a very good idea that they put them here where they can be read by anybody else. People wondering about the same things in the future will look through threads like this and find some answers.

Norway is an expensive country, but you should manage okay on what you get. Tax is very high and it's especially expensive to go out eating and drinking. However, if you've got a nice host family, you should be fine. The best things about Norway are free or cheap, such as walking in the mountains or cross country skiing.

I know an au pair living not far from me and she seems to do just fine.

Good luck.

Thank you there, but how about you help me to find a host family??
Seriously..
HT

I'm afraid I don't know anybody looking for an au pair, but the best of luck to you. I'm sure there must be agencies who help with that kind of thing.

Yes,Ben,there is such agencies who find for you but i think it is better to try looking you someone to can help you or make a relationship.