The best and the worst, please??

Hi everyone! My partner and I are thinking about moving to New Zealand to live, because we have an offer to work there. I would like to know the best and the worst things of living there in your opinion. We would move to Hawkes Bay, in the Northern island.
Thanks for your help!!

It's the area of Hawkes Bay.
Sorry for the mistake :)

Muchas gracias Diego!:)
Regardind the transport there... Is it very expensive to have your own car there? Petrol, taxes, insurance, the proper car...? We own a car here in the UK, but I guess it's unthinkable to take it to there...
Here for instance, the second hand cars are very cheap, but the insurance for foreigners is quite expensive, and the TAX depends on the car, but normally too.
In what part of NZ do you live?

Thank you again!!!

HI Im from North Wales and have lived near Wellington in the Hutt Valley for nearly 3 years.  I am in my fourties and have already travelled a fair bit before coming here which is good because its pretty expensive to fly anywhere especially the UK.  The isolation and missing home can be difficult so be prepared for it.  The cost of living is higher than I expected (less choice or competiton in supermarkets etc also much less choice in shops.  That said we have now settled in and enjoy quiet roads, being able to go to the capital Wellington at the drop of a hat and see a show or visit the mighty Westpac stadium, everything is just more accessible.  (beaches always very quiet etc and peaceful).

Theres more petty crime than we had anticipated but you must get this in context, I have walked around Wellington until the early hours of the morning after a few beers in the Welsh bar and never once felt threatend or bothered by anyone.

I work harder for less in NZ, can't afford to travel as much as Id have liked, but I'm so glad that I gave it a go and won't grow old wondering what it would have been like.

the kids love it, plenty of outdoor play and not too much health and safety paranoia yet anyway.

I have been on holiday to Hastings and loved it, it has its own weather over there on the coast.  Best bet is come over on Holiday.  Loads of people in same boat as you over here, the ones who make friends seem to adapt very well.  Its been a rollercoaster for me, but Im so glad I gave it a go.  More than happy to help you with any question u have no matter how daft it may seem.  Regards GW

I have been in NZ for 6 months now. I spent 6 weeks in Dunedin and absolutely loved it. I would have stayed there had I been able to get a job but the only job offer I got was from Auckland so that's where I am at. I love the weather here. It never seems to be too cold or too hot. The people are friendly and the food is different from what they have in America but very tasty. The public transport is not as good as the east coast USA but better than most of the mid western USA. The buses and trains are dangerous to take on Sundays and in the evenings and there have been instances where bus drivers have been assaulted. I find the crime rate rather high in Auckland but almost no crime in Dunedin. Alot of drug related crimes in Auckland. All in all I am glad to be here and am in no hurry to return to the USA.