Good and Bad areas in Toronto with underground access to metro?

Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in August. I am looking for information on area to live in Toronto. Being a new immigrant and being unemployed, initially, i don't want to spend much on accommodation. Since i am single, it may be good for me to share a furnished apartment.

Please let me know about some good areas to live in Toronto. Also name some areas that must be avoided.

I wont have a car, initially, so i need a place that is very close to public transport. I read somewhere on Expat.com that there are some places that have underground access to metros. It would be good for me, because i am allergic to cold and in winter i dont want to stand at the bus stop for long time in freezing clod. Please let me know which areas have underground access to metro.

Thank you in advance.

Hi A.21may,

It's been a very long time since I've been to Toronto, but the last time I visited Hamilton in the winter I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were a great number of heated bus shelters there.

I would suspect that is probably true in Toronto as well, so you won't have to worry about turning into a 'Popsicle' waitning on the bus.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

LOL@Popsicle :D
Thank you William, i will search if there is any heated bus shelter in Toronto.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]