Job at the MAJMAAH University, AL-Majmaah

Hello people,

My husband is seriously considering a job at MAJMAAH University. i googled the univ and the city and understand that AL-Majmaah is a city and a governorate in Ar Riyad Province. apart apart from that , there is not much info online about AL-Majmaah - the place, the cultre, people, cost of living, info for expats etc.

Can i safely assume that the info for Riyad can be used for AL-Majmaah city as well?

Is anyone in this community living/ has info abt AL-Majmaah - any info you can share would be helpful?

The agent has given my husband the following info abt the salary he can possibly be offered -

[color=#16E86A] Assistant Professor: 6080 SR (Basic)+ SR 400 (Per year Experience up to 5 years) per month+ HRA SR 25000 yearly Furniture allowance SR 12500 +Transportation SR 600 per month+ Special Allowance 30-80%
 Associate Professor: SR 7037 (Basic)+SR 450 (Per year Experience up to 5 years) per month+ HRA SR 25000 yearly +Furniture Allowance SR 12500 yearly +Transportation SR 600 per month+ Special Allowance 30-80%
 Professor :SR 10,065 (Basic)+(SR 450 Per year experience up to 5 years) per month +HRA SR 25000 yearly+ Furniture Allowance SR 12500 yearly+ Transportation SR 600 per month+ Special Allowance 30-80%
[/color]

My questions are -

1. Is this the normal salary range for acedemics in Saudi or will the salary change on the baisis of the ranking of the university?

2. Do we ask the employer for health insurance or anything else? is there room for negotiation with the Delegation from the Ministry of Higher Education?

3. Assuming we get a monthly salary of SR15000+Furniture Allowance SR 12500 yearly, is that sufficient for a couple?

4. Is it possible for me (wife of the work permit holder) to get employment in saudi? i am a graduate and have approx 15 years of admn exp in india. Or do only spouses in certain occupation(doctors nurses, teachers) get employment in saudi.

i will be grateful for info you can share with me.

sweety

Hello beinghappy!.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to read the other threads on the Riyadh forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

As an assistant prof your starting salary should be from 13000SAR.

Full prof. from 16000 up.

Good luck

1. Is this the normal salary range for acedemics in Saudi or will the salary change on the baisis of the ranking of the university?

This is a good salary range for those who are arriving here. Salary will increas as per University HR policy

2. Do we ask the employer for health insurance or anything else? is there room for negotiation with the Delegation from the Ministry of Higher Education?

Employer is liable to provide health insurance for employee. If or not health insurance for family is included has to be asked beforehand.

3. Assuming we get a monthly salary of SR15000+Furniture Allowance SR 12500 yearly, is that sufficient for a couple?

Its more than enough. You can spend and save a lot.

4. Is it possible for me (wife of the work permit holder) to get employment in saudi? i am a graduate and have approx 15 years of admn exp in india. Or do only spouses in certain occupation(doctors nurses, teachers) get employment in saudi.

It is possible.

Thanks Aurélie, suzan!

SaQiB – thanks a lot for the detailed response. It has clarified a lot of things.

Welcome. al majmaah city very quiet this city differ from Riyadh and nuisance.

There r  members of my family who live there. Housing costs may cost from 9000 to 30000 depending on the area where u  will live in,   And my dad has apartments starting 10000 price n n a good place   
I think there is cheap apartments but not clean   
What do u  want to know also about this city just told me ?
There Panda market n othaim market . Also  nice places       there

hello beinghappy
I don't know much about al majmah, so will not be much of help to you, but, u can be of some help to me. I, too, am looking for a lecturer's job in the universities in riyadh and would probably start working from september this year. Is it possible for u to share the contact details of the agent who has offered a good job to your husband?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Majmah is 190 km from riyadh.Developing city.If you are getting that much salary more than enough for couples and children.

Couple and 2 kids can survive with 7000 sr saving nearly 4000 SR.

You can work as a teacher in school as ur husband will be your sponsor,nobody can stop you.

Professor job is very good in Kingdom,you will be having 2 months vacation and weekly 2 days off.You can have lot of holidays here.

Thanks
Katta

Don't know about Majmaah university but I know at Yanbu Industrial College, a lecturer gets 15000 SAR + free family accommodation + free family medical + free education for kids.

EDIT
And 60 days paid leave per year in addition to Eid holidays.

What does your husband teaches ..and through which agency did you get this offer ...and how much that consultant is charging for his services .....do let me know i may be able to answer you questions ....

Salaam pls i want to inquire from you, is there no accomodation for lecturers in majmaah university, thanks a lot, being happy congrats on your husband new job

(Moderated: off topic)

Hi Yeasmin and Suman,

My husband had posted his details on naukri.com. This job was suggested by the following organisation -

New Marhaba Travels International HR-Consultant
152, 3rd, Floor Mohan Bhawan, Above Jamia Co-Operative Bank,
Okhla Road, Sarai Jullena, New Delhi-110025

However, please note that my husband could not take up the job interview due to some unavoidable reasons.

Hence, we have not paid them any money yet. I have not visited this company (my husband has just interacted with them on the phone and email) - hence at this stage, i cannot confirm how they are.

Yeasmin, I wish you all the best for your job search.:)

Thanks Aliweb!

aliweb wrote:

Don't know about Majmaah university but I know at Yanbu Industrial College, a lecturer gets 15000 SAR + free family accommodation + free family medical + free education for kids.

EDIT
And 60 days paid leave per year in addition to Eid holidays.

Your response was indeed helpful.We now have an idea of how much we can negotiate. Thanks once again!!

Thanks Katta for your response.

While my husband cud not take up that job, the consultant has recently contacted us with another offer in Mecca. so i am glad to know how much we can potentially save. as they say, it is a pleasure to measure treasure (though imaginery as of now!!!)

Unfortunately, i do not have a teaching or technical qualification. so my career in saudi is a bit of a worry for me though.

Thanks Reemos!

Hello being happy, marhaba travels i think are trustworthy, but then all the best

Hi,

Just wondering - how it couldn't happen? e.g. your husband did not accept the offer or missed the interview, etc. I have a similare offer moving there but not sure to accept or not.. still concern about the city (living style), etc . .

I will appreciate if you could tell me how the offer didnt happen..

The city is nice, we are also moving there wen are you going to resume there

I am looking for a professor of Pharmacology position in saudi arabia.

Hi muhammadjan,

Welcome to expat-blog!

please can you post an advert on the Jobs in Riyadh section, this will surely help.

Thank you!

David.

hello sir.. i am new for this....

i have got an offer for the majmaah university as assistant professor in electrical engineering department with the salary pazkage of SR 9800(basic)+ 600 (transportation)per month and 12500 as furnishing allowance and 25000 as housing allowence....can anyone suggest me that for the cost of living there.. is it sufficient...i have only one kid of 2.5 yrs old....plz answer...

man go for it . Its Very good package .what else do u need

Dr. Rizwana, this does not seem right place to put your CV. do it on employment sites, or contact overseas employment agencies. Good luck.

Seeking a position to Staff Nurse that will capitalize on acquired skills, training, and experience.  To work in an environment where I can exhibit my potential to the zenith and enrich my knowledge to gain better practical experience at each stage.  Willing to start at the ground with the right institute.  Capability of handling more challenging work when given an opportunity.

Thank u so much being happy for replying. : )

I am interested to do job as a lecturer in community medicine subject in saudiarabia.

Try contacting Dr. Sami Abdulaziz Al-Nassar. He chairs the medical faculty at King Saud. His number is +966-1- 46-70711 or email him: [email protected]

Good luck

Total expenses are not much you can easily tackle i think your expenses will be round about SR 5000 ,but problem with your kid may arise, who will look after, if father then it is easy for you. Good & peaceful life.

Dr: Najeeb

Doctor Najeeb...Read your email.

Thank you.

Assalamualikum,

Although its an old post, but I am replying as I am seeing.
I live in Almajmaah and quite peaceful town, not much of social life, but perfect for expatriate couple.
One important thing I would like to mention is  that it has Indian school, but standard is not as good as compared to riyadh and buraydah.

Salary offer is very good, for a couple 5000 SAR is well enough as monthly expense doesnt cross 1000 SAR

Hope the info helps u n the rest.
Salams,
Faiz

Majmaah university conducted interivew in Bangalore and Delhi in the month of May 2013,  did any one get the visa?

Hi muthamizh,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

It would be really nice of you to briefly introduce yourself and at least say "hi, thank you or please "

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

i want jop request

Hi g.balan,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Can you please be more specific in your comment for better guidance? How can we help you?

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

you shuld not search for agent.u must visit the university websites for applying the job .if there is situations vacant then u can get the job easly.my hasband has follow this procedure and now we are in majmah it is very different from riaz the capital of saudia.there is vary strict environment.specialy for females.hijab and naqaab (cover from head to toe)is compulsary from the very first day when u enter in city and namaz time u never wonder in streets ,all markets remain shutdown during the prayer time.
you can find reasonable residence from 1200 to 1500 sr and can get good at 1800 SR.

regards

All shops close at prayer time in all cities.  And you can wander the streets during prayer time, no one can stop you.  Also, you don't have to cover your face, as that is not required by any local laws in this country.  You can have your face and hands uncovered.  I am sure they all do it there as it is a conservative area, but you don't have to.

i want  to know about cost of education for single child in a year (like fees and any other expenses)

Hi Everyone,

Would like to know about the housing facility at Majmaah University for female Professor as I am single and relocating their Inshallah soon. Also let me know the rent and health insurance facility along with life for single Lady their.

Thanks for going through my post.