Jobs in malta

hi everyone, we are a family from gibraltar and wanting to move to malta asap but are searching for a job beforehand as we have 2 small kids.  We have been applying through the ETC Malta page and other internet pages but no luck yet, does anyone know where to look for jobs.
thanks to all

What sort?

banking/insurance/office administration for my wife and technician/electrical/security guard/maintenance for myself

thanks

www.timesofmalta.com the local paper this is the online version - have a look at the classifieds especially on a sunday...

also www.maltapark.comwww.izjed.com

and I think there is a site called keepmeposted

Hi natsandfrank,

welcome to the forum.

Gibralter means UK nationality (passport)?

There is a thread with job agencies on the forum but you will probably find it difficult to secure a decent job beforehand.

The maintainance type jobs are competing in the low-paid Maltese job market. Banking makes me think of HSBC call center- insurance is probably a Maltese language job.

Cheers
Ricky

guys there is a Thread about Agencies on the forum get your details to them.

Also:

Alberta - Security & Technicians needed for CCTV Alarms Etc
Castille Resources really good agency for Finance.

Hope these help

J.

Hello everyone,i am from Serbia,Belgrade,family man,just looking for some answers,here,i guess you guys are first hand answer,so i am in restaurant business,Server,cook technician,Host,with national environment experience working environment of course,Russia,Europe,USA,i would like to know is that ok if i just come to Malta with my CV in my hands and look for the job or go some other way to do it,soon season will start and i am very much in to the Malta jobs opportunities,so thank you all and hope i will get some answers..
Thanks

I believe Serbia isn't in the EU - is that right ?

No it is not,but still,i believe in success any way my friend..

Hi Alex,

welcome to the forum.

as Serbia is not is the EU all work permit applications are subject to conditions basically putting yourself in competition to cooks,servers and others from Roumania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Russia and many others.

That usually means minimal wage !

I'm not sure how that fits for a family man but it could be more difficult than for a youngster looking for a summer of fun in Malta.

If you want to go for it you should come with your CV and try to find a job within the 3 months that you can come as a tourist.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you very much,i find out that i can stay for a 3 months,and some people i dont know in person but they are living there say also that when i find a job,employer can do my working permit and can stay for a year or so..i am really into this even a small vage for a start could be helpful in future time..i am considering to buy my ticket these days and go there,look for opportunity..i really believe it is not that hard..i do know about restaurant business a lot,and knowing fluently English,Russian,also some France and German..

Thank you my friend if you find something more please post it here or we can exchange emails..

Thanks a lot once again

Hey i would like to find a summer job as waiter/animator or administrator!I am very friendly and ready for hard work.I have very good english level and fluent russian.Hope for the help and advice
PREASE if u have any offers write to me on [email protected]

See u there ...