Furniture shopping

Could you share advice on where to buy furniture?

if you living in jakarta you can buy a good furniture at ciputat, or maybe if you need just a rental you can go to kemang...

It's been a while since you posted, so you probably don't need answer any more, but if you want more of an inexpensive furniture, Index has some modern furniture.  It has some furniture somewhat similar to IKEA, but it's no IKEA.  It has some interesting stuff, but the prices are a bit higher at Index.  I love IKEA, so I was a bit disappointed by Index, but it's not bad.   Kemang Timur is a row of furniture order made stores.  There are tons and tons.  There is one store that I know.  it's called ART ERA.    It's having a closing sale.  You might want to check it out since you find great deals there right now.  You can find out the information here.  I hope this is helpful. 

ART ERA gallery
Jl. Kemang Timur No. 77
Jakarta Selatan 12730
Ph: (021)7181541

If you are looking for high end modern furniture, I love KOI gallery.  They have really beautiful furniture.

Good luck!

Chuzai Living wrote:

It's been a while since you posted, so you probably don't need answer any more, but if you want more of an inexpensive furniture, Index has some modern furniture.  It has some furniture somewhat similar to IKEA, but it's no IKEA.  It has some interesting stuff, but the prices are a bit higher at Index.  I love IKEA, so I was a bit disappointed by Index, but it's not bad.   Kemang Timur is a row of furniture order made stores.  There are tons and tons.  There is one store that I know.  it's called ART ERA.    It's having a closing sale.  You might want to check it out since you find great deals there right now.  You can find out the information here.  I hope this is helpful. 

ART ERA gallery
Jl. Kemang Timur No. 77
Jakarta Selatan 12730

If you are looking for high end modern furniture, I love KOI gallery.  They have really beautiful furniture.

Good luck!

This not too bad idea... thanks...

Ciputat Raya is a good option as is CV Jaya in Kemang

Index is gone and now they have informa.  Informa has a lot of modern furniture and depending on the items the prices are reasonable.  Some items are not cheap and the quality is not as good, but some are decent.  The store I introduced below ART ERA is long gone.  I have not found other inexpensive furniture stores that sell good quality furniture unfortunately.
I bought a replica of Eames chair by Herman Miller at Informa and I'm happy with it.

http://chuzailiving.wordpress.com/2012/ … city-mall/

Chuzai Living wrote:

ART ERA gallery
Jl. Kemang Timur No. 77
Jakarta Selatan 12730

Good luck!

jepara and jogja are best place

Jepara!!!

adji_suryanto wrote:

Correctly.

You should go there

It depends on your preference, if you really need that, i suggest that you go to informa, they sell almost every furniture.
but if you want to make custom made furniture. please kindly contact me, i'm working at interior contractor so i could help you with your needs.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Riyan

menang2013 wrote:
adji_suryanto wrote:

Correctly.

You should go there

Yes, these two towns are best-known for its furniture and wooden products. If you decide to buy from there, must also add some for transportation costs, though.