Moving to bali in july

Hi I'll be 22 by the time I move to Bali in July.... I'll be living in the Ubud area at this point I'm thinking I'm going to take a chance and get a 2month holiday visa then get a working visa once there I need some advice from Aussies and if possible from Perth... Also I'm interested to know if I HAVE to register with the police when I get there if I'm not staying in a hotel as i will be living with my partners family.... any other advice is welcome...

Thanks heaps

BJ

hi its me again,

if you dont stay in hotel and stay in your family and friends house, your family and your friend need to report you to the nearest police and also also to banjar. just prepare you copy of your passport.

regards

lids

Ok thank you very much for your help:)

BJ

Hi BJ.
May I suggest if your coming to Ubud in July on a 2 Months visitor Visa.
You contact Highway Immigration Services in Ubud soon to explore the requirements before you arrive in July, and risk any setbacks. Better to know now what you are in for as far details for changing your visa when here? It may be cheaper to come in on a working Visa in the first place rather than change midstream, I have used Highway for the last 5 years and always found them both reliable & competitive in price.

Hi BJ,

Surely you need to file a report to the local police of your existence in Ubud and the 60 days tourist visa is extendable up to 4 times, the same as social visa, only upon extension a sponsor letter is needed to be made by any Indonesian nationals and a copy of his or her Bali ID Card (KTP).

or if you are really going to work here in Bali, my suggestion is begin the application for the KITAS and work permit while you are there in Perth so when you are come to Bali, you already have the visa and just need to continue the registration of the KITAS at the immigration office locally and doesn't have to fly again to Singapore for that, I guess this arrangement is more cost effective.

Cheers,

Eko ChannelOne

“Surely you need to file a report to the local police of your existence in Ubud”

It is not up to the visitor to report themselves to the local police, rather it is up to the owner of whatever property where they are staying.

What Bali Lids Villa posted is 100% correct.