Visiting Nairobi for a week

Hello, can someone recommend a furnished apartment for a week (end March). Not sure of the city so I am looking for a safe place. Is Yaya Center a good place? I found a new apartment building that's asking KSH 55K for the week. It's a basic one bedroom with a kitchen etc. Is this reasonable?  Thanks ahead for your thoughtful replies.

HI thats too expensive for a week, you can get 2 bedroom and fully furnished and serviced apartment for 80-100K for one month. It means you gonna pay 220K for one month hahahaha... If you dont stay there, however that house gonna be empty, and they wont get any money for that week. so best try to negotiate the price. for 7 days 20-30K is fine.

That certainly does seem rather high, especially for what you describe as a basic place. What is the reason for your visit to Nairobi? That could have an effect on where might be a good place to stay

Kev

Thanks for the replies. I am vacationing in Nairobi for the week. for me it doesn't matter where I stay, but I want it to be a clean, safe place. I found a hotel that is comparable to the price of the apartment, however the apartment will have a kitchen etc. Also it's a new apartment.

(Moderated)

koolnik....that price is too high especially when you consider you are not planning on staying all day in the house but actually touring around...i know an indian friend of mine who stayed in a furnished apartment and am pretty sure it wasn't that much.anyway before you choose a place to stay in nairobi you might want to consider other things like TRAFFIC JAAAAAAM!!!!!!if you are a party person westlands/upperhill should be your ideal location..if you want a quiet/green picturisque place..kileleshwa,yaya,gigiri...are the kind of places you might want to stay
enjoy

Hi koolnik,
55k is way too expensive for one week. Since you are here on vacation,look for a cheaper place that will cost a maximum of 35k. Will you be in Nairobi all this time or are you visiting other towns as well?

Indeed. Way too expensive!
My husband and I have 2 guest rooms in our house and we rent them out to short term guests for less than 2K per day, including food and utilities. Do the math!
Contact me.

Hi, A quick internet search has come up with the following.  Similar prices though.  Renting daily (for a week) seems to the most expensive way of doing this:

http://www.oledume.com/index.php?option … &Itemid=75http://eldonvillas.com/index.php?option … Itemid=279http://www.yellow.co.ke/business/black- … Apartmentshttp://www.kasarani.com/biashara/Arrow-Apartments.html

suribhai, it would be useful to all if you posted the addresses/links/locations etc of the apartments you mention.

IME furnished apartments tend to be expensive, especially for short lets.  I have stayed at Arrow Apartments, a few years ago and even then, they were something like Kes 10,000 per day.

hi. can assist you get a place for much cheaper than that. holla.

Hi! That is way tooooo high!! I live in Westlands. If you are interested call me 0788350657
Ingrid

Hi i can assist you with something cheaper hola 0733389724

I don't know exactly when the elections will be, but It's not recommended to visit the country in those dates.

Regards!

Hi. I think that's too expensive. I would try the YWCA right next to the Zambian High Commission. Good food, spacious rooms and safe, and its in town. [Moderated: No free ad please]

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

looking the reviews of peoples with internet, for yaya center.

Tristan

Hello,

I would say its too early to be booking a place for a week in March 2013.

The amount is about right.  A daily charge for a one bedroom would be Kes. 6-7000 per day.

Regards

kessy
[email protected]

(moderated: please post in the housing Nairobi section)

I agree with Kessy, The amount is right for a fully furnished apartment in Yaya of cause the price includes daily breakfast and daily cleaning...
Most apartments if you are taking up for a whole month, its cheaper compared to when you take for a few days.....
And if you consider a hotel, you will still use the same amount..

I second @Kelly @Safarihunters...anything between $75-100 for a 1br furnished & serviced apartment is priced right for Yaya, Westlands...not too expensive, not too cheap. but then again, it all boils down to individual taste, expectations.

taste and expectations, so true msafiri, perhaps koolnik can say what he prefers if its budget, midrange or luxury apartment for accommodation. Meanwhile koolnik you can try samra apartments, its a mid range apartment, safe and secure and its near yaya just at hurlingam