Farm/land investment

I'm interested in investing in productive farmland or a ranch, but not running it on a daily basis.  Is it possible to either lease the land for a decent rental return, or hire an operating company to manage the land and take a percent of the output?  Does anyone know what the options would be for this? Thanks.

Hello Sir
Sorry but your post leaves too much "open" so as for me to be able to give you a good response.

Sure you can lease land for planting, costs, I have no idea.

As for cattle farming, cattle farming isn't exactly a 3-6 month thing to do, now is it?I won't recommend to a "new" foreigner trying his hand at buying\fattening\selling cattle in this country until he\she really knows how everything here works.Have seen to many trying to do so from the beginning and can't really say anyone of them is still around...
Sure, there's businesses that runs your farm for you, but they only like\take big farms and the land will have to be yours, not much to be made if you have to lease the land and then still have to pay someone else to do all the work.
Then there's also the other option of going with a private person.What each one get out of it vary naturally from deal-to-deal. Have a fellow countryman here that now manages for 4 persons full time their cattle and 1 part-time (just sort-of keeping a eye on the land once in 2 weeks)That's besides his own cattle. From the 4 he manages full time he takes 50% of the winnings, and everybody's happy as far as I know.

Hope this info helps, just my 2 cents.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the reply.

I know my limitations enough that I wouldn't try to become a rancher by myself and would need someone else to run/operate the farm.  Since I'm not able to buy enough to work with a big corporation, it sounds like for a small investor like me, the most viable option is to buy a farm near another farmer who is willing to manage it for a cut.  Is that correct?  If you know anyone that might be willing to work with me, please send me a private message and let me know!  Thanks.

I suggest you come and take a look at Paraguay, SPECIFICITY the Chaco part before you start thinking/asking for whatever.The Chaco isn't for people that want to retire to a peaceful retirement and play around. The Chaco is FOR People with HAIR ON THEIR TEETH or otherwise just plain crazy...

I ask for forgiveness if my post offend you Sir, but I'm tired of trying to be helpful to strangers via the internet from which I don't even get a "Thank You" in the end to write you a PM.

Come, look and then decide. My 2 cents of advice, you just be wary of ANYBODY that goes out of "their" way to help you here.

Paraguay is my Paradise, I think/hope never to move anywhere else.

Been there, doing that. having some 20Ha's, for stock, it isn't enough, with momentary setup. Crops start to work, but like in the hot summer, you will need a roof, and constant waterflow. Now running it with 5 people...

Like Nico said, come over, look around . There are viable possibilities, but you have to see them, and they have to suit you.
Chaco is hard, but remember, there, a farm of 10.000 Ha, isn't quiet that big....

...but you can make a quite nice living of 500ha in the chaco too...It's just it isn't for everybody.

Hi, I have some information about your question.  You can hire people and/or companies to manage cattle ranches, I know some of the best people in this field who were former students of mine, but it is essential to know where and how you want to operate, for example the Chaco and eastern Paraguay present completely different sets of challenges.  Let me know if you want to chat about it.

Yes, it is possible. But, Paraguay has its own set of "unwritten rules" by which everyone must hold on to it. Do you live in the US ? if so, you should contact me to further conversations. Write me in private inbox please. I might be able to help you. Good luck.

facebook.com/groups/239955636132555