Info on Travelling to Sharm el-Sheikh

I'm anticipating to travel to Sharm el-Sheikh in the month of March with my Family for a week or 10 days. Need some advice to plan this trip.

Whats the best mode of travel from Cairo to Sharm el-Sheikh ? I have a driving Licence of saudi Arabia, can I rent a car ??

What are the best things to do, except diving/snorkeling/sunbathing ??

Good Shopping places....etc etc

Any other info would be appreciated.....

Thanx

yeah you can rent a car with your saudi Arabia Licence..you also might use a bus best one you can take is (El saham el zahby)
other thing what to do in sharm ..you  justhave to go there the city is small you will find fun everywhere old market and namma bay is best places there for hanging out ..enjoy

hi
right now I wouldn't drive.
there have been many incidences of hold ups / hijacks - complete with guns over the last year or so - and I don't think this has got better.
(And we know someone persoanlly who it happened to - and they got shot at - lickily it missed!!)
I would reccommened that you fly - or fly directly to SHarm from wherever it is you are coming from.  Even one of the busses would be safer!!

Thanx - Campos Lopez & biffy

Any suggestion for a good hotel or so called value for money accommodation (5 star) with the best view and good food !!

Thanx in Advance

Namma Bay Hotel in namma bay i been working there nice one

Hey, depends how much money you are ready to spend for the hotel. For sure, the best one in Sharm is Four Seasons it will cost you arround 300$ per day on breakfasts basis. Hotel is really cool, so luxury. But if you have kids, it might be boring for them there. And also there is no sandy beach, so when weather is windy, you may not able to swim.
Also you can look at Hilton Fayrouz or Hilton Sharm dreams resort (you choose because they are infront each other). Both are 10 min walking from Naama Bay, they have sandy beach with comfortable entrance into the water. Of course it is more simple than 4Seasons but this is an advantage for me. Cost is arround 110$ per night.

Thanx ukr.dev85 for the Info !! I'm still exploring my options. I was looking for a 2 day trip bus tour of Cairo from Shamal to be merged with the trip. How much that wud be feasible in a week or 8 days long trip ???