New Girl

Hello all,

It's good to have found you. I've just moved to Budapest and it would be great to get to know some people here. Does anyone know of any social events happening soon? If not shall we create one? Do send me a message, I look forward to meeting you!

Hi AmyVictoria,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You may wish to have a look at other threads on the Networking Budapest forum.

You could also organise an Expat.com meet up in Buadpest. ;)

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

We love new girls by default!

If you guys want a taste of Hungary (possibly enough to get fed up for life) try this:
http://palinkaeskolbasz.hu/

A festival for purified ethanol, and pork stuffed into pig intestines.
Up in the Buda castle, admission 2000 HUF.

Hey,

Thanks Christine and thanks Szocske, I will check it out. Pork intestines and ethanol sound divine!

Hi AmyVictoria

I've been here a couple of days, and a social event would be good to meet a few more faces.  Tickets for music seem reasonable, but maybe something like a visit / picnic / drink around 'Heroes Park' would be good? (this is just to start the ball rolling)

Cheers
Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Very good ideas, I approve of all! How are people set for tomorrow? A drink around Heros Park seems a good place to start off. Maybe meet there around 8ish? Let me know what you guys think.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Can't make tomorrow I'm afraid, but could do from Thursday or Friday onwards.

Cheers
Brendan

Hello all - I am also new to Budapest and would be interested in meeting for drinks.

Best wishes, Dawn

I would join you too. :)
I am free tomorrow and on thursday. but I would suggest not to meet too late, because then we perhapes could get the last sunbeams. maybe arround 6 in the evening?

Ok, so I can now make tomorrow or Thursday.

Cheers
Brendan

Hi Barbara and Dawn and Brendan and everyone else,

That's great, it would be really cool to meet you all! Seeing as Brendan can't make Wednesday shall we instead do Thursday? Because of work I can't meet until 7ish at the earliest. How does 7.30 suit people? Looking forward to meeting you all!

Amy

7.30 is ok. althoug I can't stay that long. and I must admit, that my knowlege about bars in this area is not that good...

Oh, I didn't see Brendan's last message! OK, sorry everyone maybe tomorrow is better then! I can meet earlier tomorrow... how does 6.30pm sound?

Sounds good, shall we say 6.30 at the column (surrounded by horses) at the entrance to heroes park? I'll wear a yellow hat and pink carnation, and be reading yesterdays newspaper.

I will wear nothing and will be reading the newspaper of thursday. :)

Haha, OK see you there you guys! I've no idea what i'll be wearing so study my picture well! Feel free to turn up anyone else who fancies it.

Hello All - I hoped to meet with everyone,  but I see the time has changed to today (Wednesday) and I am not sure that I can make it by 6:30.  Please let me know of other plans or plans this weekend.
Best, Dawn

Hi Amy/Victoria. Welcome to Budapest. There are quite a few expat events and gathering places in town. I have a list of resources and groups available, too long to put on here. Shoot me your email address and I'll send it to you. I've been here 12 years now, and it's a great place to meet other expats and locals at the many events around town. ope to hear from you.

Gary Lukatch
[email protected]

serenity28 wrote:

I will wear nothing and will be reading the newspaper of thursday. :)

I must check in here more often, it's just not fair I missed this!
Does anyone have pictures?

Hello all,

You apparently have some great ideas to meet new people!

Have you managed to organize your gathering last week?

Should we organize an event for this week? there are many nice bars in the 6th/7th districts where drinks are very affordable and environment is nice for talking and getting to know each other..

Please keep me updated with your opinions on this

Dear Mathieu,

A few of us did meet up last week which was good! Yes, we should organise something again for sure. When we were you thinking of?

Dear Amy,

That sounds good I hope you had some good fun last time...I did not think of a date yet as it is difficult to arrange something for many people. But I will probably go to a pub ("caledonian") on the 6th district this Thursday (tomorrow) as they are organizing a quizz night...it sounds like fun! you are welcome to join me (I will probably be with some foreign friends) as well as anyone on this group!

Dear Amy,

I have actually created an event for friday night this week and you can check it on the forum.

I think there will be many people there everyone will bring their existing friends, me included.

Hope to see you there,

Mathieu

Excellent

Hi!Are you still in Budapest?
I m Tunisian 40 years old.i m living in Hungary since 1999.i m in budapest now ans i am looking for friends.
My email: [email protected]
003670 3016910
I m waiting for your answers
Have a nice day!
Abbes

Hello Abbes.

To note that this thread is dated 2011. :)

Thank you,
Auréliue