All Eyes Over Here Please :-)

Hi all ,

honestly im not much of a cybersocial guy.. And i dont really have time to read through all the Discussion sorry people .. its a new thing for me.. but im guessing there are regulars ...Usually its my tongue that does the socializing ...I have lived half my life in Riyadh and the other in Canada...Since i am here for work and thats all i seem to be doing ... its killing me softly ... my plan is to make the best of the time i have to spend here (I dont have a life sentence thank god ) ... My issue is that i have to meet new people ... im not much of a stick to one group kinda guy ... im thinking why not make an Expat face to face club ... a little get together for anyone interested in meeting up for coffee , drinks , movies, bonfire , swimming .. whatever... although with that comes a couple of things that have to be organized.. its very simple ...so please people lets be proactive and figure out who can help in what areas ... 

1. A location
2. Drinks

am i missing any ? People Maybe ...

Very simple ... oh yea and your contact info...

Hi tward.. I am truly interested in making this happen.

As it will be the first get-together, it would be more convenient  to organize it in a public place accessible to those who are really interested and willing to contribute. Meeting at one of the lounges (in Tahlia Street) can be a good example considering the gender segregation policy here in Riyadh.

Wail

you really should read around. at least the top sticky threads :D

Check this, or rather click this.

May be, you should start doing some course on "How to kill a motivation with sarcasm" :P

Salman Omrani wrote:

you really should read around. at least the top sticky threads :D

Check this, or rather click this.

adnanhashmi wrote:

May be, you should start doing some course on "How to kill a motivation with sarcasm" :P

nah, im working on gathering all the motivation in one place so we can mass murder it :lol:

tward wrote:

Hi all ,

honestly im not much of a cybersocial guy.. And i dont really have time to read through all the Discussion sorry people .. its a new thing for me.. but im guessing there are regulars ...Usually its my tongue that does the socializing ...I have lived half my life in Riyadh and the other in Canada...Since i am here for work and thats all i seem to be doing ... its killing me softly ... my plan is to make the best of the time i have to spend here (I dont have a life sentence thank god ) ... My issue is that i have to meet new people ... im not much of a stick to one group kinda guy ... im thinking why not make an Expat face to face club ... a little get together for anyone interested in meeting up for coffee , drinks , movies, bonfire , swimming .. whatever... although with that comes a couple of things that have to be organized.. its very simple ...so please people lets be proactive and figure out who can help in what areas ... 

1. A location
2. Drinks

am i missing any ? People Maybe ...

Very simple ... oh yea and your contact info...

We had a great meeting this last Thursday and few people joined.

hopefully you can join us next gathering. if you have any suggestions, you are very welcome to share with us.

Wail

what about this weekend guys ?

His thread is so important but he won't name it effectively, using netiquette.
Says been in Riyadh for years, but didn't interact on here
Refuses to read the board and integrate with what is already going off, wants you to drop things and serve his timetable.
Implies people will be fireflies in the evening, no real friends, he'll leave you behind as he moves onto other groups.
Wants your contact details, but in his words, "isn't much of a cybersocial guy"

Unless he's different in real life, I'd be personally turning this down.

ibrahim1407 wrote:

what about this weekend guys ?

Nothing planned yet.

Any recommended activity?

Wail