How to fight homesickness in Riyadh

Hi to everyone! I am a newcomer here in KSA (almost 2 months). I am always experiencing homesickness/sadness. Need friends and opinions on how not to be homesick always. I am living in one room so when I am alone, I usually feel sad and wants to go home to the Phils. I am here in Batha, Kabayan friends will be appreciated (men/women, even in chat would do).

There are quite a few Filipinos in the Batha area of town - just go hang out at the Manila Plaza.  I am sure you have coworkers you can hang out with.  Get out of your room - walk around Batha - people watching in Batha can be pretty hilarious.

Good luck man!!

That's so true :cheers:

houstonian wrote:

There are quite a few Filipinos in the Batha area of town - just go hang out at the Manila Plaza.  I am sure you have coworkers you can hang out with.  Get out of your room - walk around Batha - people watching in Batha can be pretty hilarious.

Good luck man!!

skype call ur family

you have got diff options now. i guess you are doing well now.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I sure helped me a lot. Hope to find and meet friends soon. :)

adnanhashmi wrote:

That's so true :cheers:

houstonian wrote:

Good luck man!!

;) yeah right...seen dozens of Pak, Bangladeshi, Indian, Nepali ~ guys who looked like desperate and homesick who'll just come to Batha for people watching...
I could imagine what kind of lives these people has to have this kind of (maybe, only?) past time or form of entertainment.

u have no idea how many r Filipinos r living here and they party too hard, they make their own wine and party usually on friday mornings, I m sure u will find them soon:)

FS is right.  I think Filipinos make up the largest percentage of expats in the kingdom and it's a very  tight-knit community.  Go over to the Embassy and see if anything is going on--go to Batha, to the Manila Plaza, and talk to people!

The Filipinos I know are lovely, friendly, inclusive people.  If you just make an effort, you might be pleasantly surprised :)

Alliecat wrote:

The Filipinos I know are lovely, friendly, inclusive people.  If you just make an effort, you might be pleasantly surprised :)

Couldn't agree more with this statement if you paid me.. but then again I'm a halfie so..lol.

It might just take some getting used to being here and away from family.  But I have no doubt that when you're ready you'll find some awesome friends.  As for me, I need to find someone to teach me Tagalog and to make pancit because my mom slacked in her duties when I was growing up.  lol

And if you need some entertainment, you can always come back to EB where you're sure to find plenty of it!

@runnergirl  I've made pancit from online recipes.  Yummy! :)

Alliecat wrote:

I'm always skeptical about online recipes like pancit, but I guess I should try before ruling anything out..lol.

runnertattoogirl wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

I'm always skeptical about online recipes like pancit, but I guess I should try before ruling anything out..lol.

I use online recipes all the time!  I made some killer babaganoush before!

I recomend u that to take ur laptob with u and go to any coffee shop , drink a coffee and smoke :)

@runnergirl I can teach you Tagalog if you want me to. Just PM me your ym and mobile so we can talk to each other.

Thanks for all your replies here regarding my posts. I appreciate it so much! :)

How to fight homesickness in Riyadh?
Punch it in the face!

ok

make it easy

homesickboi wrote:

@runnergirl I can teach you Tagalog if you want me to. Just PM me your ym and mobile so we can talk to each other.

Thanks for all your replies here regarding my posts. I appreciate it so much! :)

I too want to learn tagalog....... me me me me

*sigh*.......lonely bedroom hobbies....

:top:

ex_pa wrote:

skype call ur family

Bruckner wrote:

How to fight homesickness in Riyadh?
Punch it in the face!

hell yeah! :D

hangout at  Manila plaza batha you will find all the pinoy people.