Indian safe in Narobi

Hi,.                                     
Iam Manoj from New Delhi i get a job offer for Narobi so please tell me that Narobi are safe for Indians or no any problem for Indians in Narobi.My company guest house and one member already in narobi so please advise.

Hello Manoj.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some feedbacks from other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Manoj,
Life here i s cool and smooth. Dont be afraid of anything. We r staying here from past six months.we didnt face any difficult situation abt safety issues. Pl remember not to bring any gold items with u.its not safe to wear gold here.
Rest is ok.
Feel free to ask any query.

Hi Manoj,
Welcome to Expat.com.
Nairobi is far better then any other country. And safety and security is of course is in your own hand as every where in the world there are dark sides aswell, so chill out.
i am here in Kenya and i travelled other African countries aswell but i must say kenya is far better. You will find lot of Indians in Nairobi - places like Parklands , Westlands and sometimes you dont feel that you are out of your country.

So dont think Much n pack your bag...

Cheers
Rohit

Thanks a lot all members

They had kept the Mall, next to where we were staying, open all the night on Christmas eve, including that Nakumat supermarket. Not many cities that I know do this.

my experience in nairobi was wonderful, i miss nairobi so much. You can party duing nights, clubbing, shopping watching movies in cinemas. No problem for safety, but you need to follow some rules like never show off in public, do not try to grab attention of others, walk in crowdy places, park your vehicle in decent parking-lot, do not wear expensive stuffs while out, do not use expensive mobiles while taking a call in streets. Even if you consider your own city delhi, its not safe too. But i could say, nairobi is far safer and better than delhi. I lived in nairobi for 2 years. For better experience meet rohit eleazer, my disciple in nairobi hehehehe he is a nice guy. he can introduce you to new life....

depending on where you goto,nairobi is fairly safe.