Water and Electricity Consumption in riyadh?

Hi everyone how much do you usually pay for a month (average or lowest) for electricity and water? and what appliances are you using to lessen electric consumption?.

Also do you have any idea how much is the cheapest 2bedroom unit in olaya area or in al malaz area..

Hi Car,

I don't know how much the electric and water cost since my job picks up the tab.  However, to save energy here I do what I did at home:  I don't use the clothes dryer.  I've strung a clothesline across the inside of my  balcony and hang my clothes--they dry in 15 minutes!

Same here, employer picks up the utility bills.

I live in Sulaymania very close to Olya Road. Again Im unsure about the rent as company picks this up. (I am told it is close to 100,000 SR - 2 bed apartment private company compound)

As a suggestion, look up Sahara Towers Compound on Olya Road. You will have an idea about accomodation prices in Olya.

Alliecat and SaudiUK thanks.

The company giving us (3 single men)around 20,000SR (excluding electricity and water)for a year in our accomodation is this possible in that area: olya area or Al Malaz specifically Sitteen Street Al Malaz and the Old Aqariya building?.

Hi, as far as we are talking about the rent well i am looking a house of totally three rooms on first floor in hara near Saaz markeet.
thanks

We pay approx SR 100 per month (max) for electricity and SR 400 per year for water, since this is paid directly with th rent as individual housing units are not geared to be metered and billed separately, by the water suppliers.

car_ther wrote:

Alliecat and SaudiUK thanks.

The company giving us (3 single men)around 20,000SR (excluding electricity and water)for a year in our accomodation is this possible in that area: olya area or Al Malaz specifically Sitteen Street Al Malaz and the Old Aqariya building?.

If you are getting 20,000SR for accomodation, this should be enough for an apartment.
There is no way you can live in a compound for that amount. (unfortunately compounds are a lot more expensive)

thanks SaudiUK

it's ok for 3 of us to live in an apartment. as long as it has a basic needs for washing,cooking,sleeping and the neighboor is all quiet. we hope we can find an apartment that includes the water and electricity to the monthly rent or a year rent.

For your question:
In winter it's max 50 SAR and in summer it reaches 200. As musicman said that water is not metered. I pay 300 SAR per year to the land owner along with the rent. BTW I live in North Riyadh in a 3 bedroom apartment.

Advice:
Try to avoid living in Hara if you can. As the demand is enormous, the land owners try to charge excessive rents.

20K per annum may not be enough for a 3 bedroomed apartment except in Batha or Hara.

Most other locations will cost at least SR 25K for a decent place.

thanks TheLegendLeads, musicman.

2 bedroom aleast..its ok also even if 1bedroom we are 3 single men (fellow clasmate way back in college) as long as near in Olaya area and Old aqariya building the place of our work...

hope to see all soon...:cool: we might stay in your place for couples of days..hehehe

The closest location to old Aqariya I are Olaya and Sulaimaniya which are very expensive these days since the localityis turning into the downtown of Riyadh with all the high rises nushrooming up everywhere.

The annual rents for a 2 bedroomed apartment in the North, about 15 km away is approx SR 25K per annum. You may be lucky if you come over nd then start searching if you can get an older building close to Aqariya I for SR 20K.

My younger daughter lives in an old 4 bedroomed, two floor plus attic plus roof garden, villa in Sulaimaniyah for which she pays SR 45K per annum. We used to live in the same villa 5 years ago (for 3 years) and the rent was then SR 40K per annum.

My office is located on the 2nd floor in Aqariya III in Olaya although I live in the north.