Child (baby) daycare in Amman and baby activities

Hi there

I will be moving to Jordan in November and look for decent daycare options for a 1 year old, very energetic, gorgeous girl. Any recommendations? I am also interested in meeting other Mums with babies:-)

Cheers,

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi there!  I have just moved to Amman with 3 children.  We have our kids in a preschool, Hill House,  but I believe it starts for age 2.
Have you considered a nanny in your home? 

My youngest turns one next week.  Let me know if I can help in any way from here!

Suzi

Hello There and welcome to Amman.  There are a lot of good day care centers in Amman with English language assistants.  It all depends on where you want to live or work.  If you know the area, I can recommend some.  I have two kids and the youngest will start school this September.  So, I know a little about day care.

Hi
I am in the same boat just moved to amman jordan and looking for a decent daycare for my 2 years old. I currently live in shfa badran area and work at the U. of Jordan if any one recommend a daycare that is not off the way. I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello Zain

My Little one is 13 months old, maybe we can meet at some point and have her play with yours? I will arrive in November. My office is close to 3rd circle, so any daycare option in that area, but also elsewhere would be great, if possible full day 9-6 pm.

im also looking for day care i moved to amman (maka) under a year ago and would like to start looking for work.. im also really interested in meeting some english people, please message me may allah bless you all, becky

Hey Sylvia! Welcome to this wonderful city - you'll find lots to do for both parents and babies! Please visit my blog: kidslive.wordpress.com - it's all about being a parent in Amman and hopefully you'll find a place there to connect with mommies here!

Hi, I have just moved to Amman with my husband and daughter who is 2 months old. I want to meet other mothers with children with similar interests :)

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Amman, Jordan. I live in Shmeisani area (close to Millennium hotel). I am looking for a day care that is close to this area but in Arabic instead of English. Can anyone help? My son is almost 2 and half years old.

Marhaba Ghezal,

Ahlan wa Sahlan fi Urdun and welcome on board to this site.
I hope that someone can help you out very soon about the daycare.

Ahlan wa sahlan Primadona,

so nice to get a welcoming message from you. Thank you!
Are you learning Arabic by any chance? I am looking for someone to talk to so I can improve my Arabic. let me know if you have time. Do you live in Shmesani or close by?

I learned some Arabic but not enough to learn you arabic :D
I want to improve it by myself but don't know how to do that on this moment.
You can take a peek at the classifieds section for any help or maybe some local members here can help you out.

I don't live close by Shmesani, more at the city border in the South part of Amman.

HI!!

My family will be moving to Amman around Aug 2014. I too am interested in day care, but my son will be 3 and only speaks english...if you can give me some feed back i would greatly appreciate it <3 im also looking to make some expat friends who are fluent in english so i dont get too home sick <3

just got my son admitted to a daycare in Shemsani area. It's a relatively new daycare all in Arabic and they teach a bit of Quran, both Arabic and English alphabet. it seems ok so far and the fee is 100 J.D. per month plus 20 dinar for registration. I also went to a preschool program, the program was excellent but the fees were more than 200 J.D. per month (primary language was English with a bit of Islamic studies, French, and Arabic on the side). Depending on your budget and what you are looking for, you can pick a place but this will give you a head start as to what can be found out there in Amman. There are cheaper places for preschoolers too that are just fine like the one my son is admitted. None of the daycares or preschool programs provide food (as far as I know that is). So you have to pack breakfast and lunch for your child and they only keep kids until 3 or 3:30pm. If you want to put your child with them longer, then there is extra fees for that. Not sure how much since I never asked. but keep in mind that work hours for many people here are until 3pm (expect early "rush hour" traffic). All the best!

I dont know if u accept a junior nanny im 17 years old and my sister is 19 years old we love kids  so we can help if u want  we're jordanian i can speak english and arabic fluently and we live in jabal al hussein , amman , jordan :) i would like to help you :D

I can help if u want i can speak english and arabic fluently an jordanian and am looking for a part time job so im 17 years old and my sister is 19 years old we would like to help u we can work together and if you accept we will take care of your son and teach him arabic ;) i would like to help u

Thanks for the information you shared with us.
I am shocked about the prizes.
They are extremely high.
If you can wait for another year then you can send your son to school. He gets the same classes as what he will get now and less expensive.

Forgot to mention that children at this age should only playing and not learning the alphabet in two different languages or other subjects.

thank you Dana. I have registered my child already so it would be difficult to change places now. Besides, I want him to socialize with other kids his age. If I need babysitting, I will ask you if you don't mind.Thank you for your response.

Thanks Primadona for the messages. Can you give me some names of schools that are that cheap? I haven't looked into schools yet but for next year, I will have to look into some preschool places.
True. they teach alphabet to kids there but I don't think it's a strict teaching environment and I don't think they learn much. My son already sings the ABC song, but I don't think he understands them. To him, it's just a song like twinkle twinkle little star :) probably same is true for writing alphabet. it's a shape that the kids copy at this stage and color with crayons. They are not being graded like they would be in school so it's not a punitive method of teaching. It's simply something for kids to do besides watching cartoons at the daycare.

It depends where you live and what you want for your child(ren ).
I send my children to a private arab school. 

I am not happy with the way how they teach but this is how it goes here.
A private school is not a guarantee for good education or vice versa.

Hello everyone  :)
i work in J'imagine, we have day care for 1 - 2 years old, we open for the day care from 8:30 till 12:30, and we open afternoon for families from 2:30 till 6:30.
[moderated: no ads please]

Hi Eman Mehyar > you should please register this day care in the business directory. Thank you.

Hey, I will be moving in Amman with my little one in April. Will be happy to meet other moms:)

Marhaba Natallia9191,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in Jordan once you are arrived here.

Can you give us a small introduction about yourself?
It can help you to make contact with other mothers and to meet up  ;)

[Moderated: please post in jobs section pls]

Sure:) I am a mom of a little handsome 5 month old boy.  We will come to Amman in April and hope to make some new friends in Jordan! Hopefully could get in touch with other moms who have little kids:) I am very open- minded person. Love traveling, meeting new people, discovering new cultures. Looking forward for our new life in Amman:)

(please register in the business directory)

hello,  i saw a gilr posted that she is baby sitting and she is 17 or so living in alhussein, i have a a 2 years old baby and i need a baby sitter, can you contact me please or give me a contact info

Hello ssalameh and welcome to Expat.com

So as to increase your chances to find a babysitter, I invite you to please place an advert in our Babysitting in Amman forum section.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Raise and Praise  - new, spacious and beautiful. located in Abdoun.

You can view the school's profile in Facebook and ask them directly if they can admit your child. Most of the schools here in Amman accepts children 20 months and above.
facebook.com/Raiseandpraisepreschool

Hi Ghezal....how are you.
If you remember we discussed a bit about the preschool that you enrolled your child in.... Little steps. I just enrolled my son aged 16 months in same school after I met with the owner.
The school looks okay but the teachers do not speak one bit of English...ðŸ˜...but its okay for a start....i actually had to convince my wife about leaving him there.... Is your child still in the school? And how can u describe how the school treats pupils?....pls reply. Thanks

I have moved Amman few days ago and I am looking for a nanny or a day care centre for my 2 month old. any advices?

Hi Shahnaz,

This is Sahil from Pakistan living in jordan, i guess there are many day cares around 6th and 7th circles and around shumessani. If you need any help send me private message so that i could help you/your husband.

Regards,
Sahil

Hi Sahil,

One of the reasons why forums are made for OPEN DISCUSSIONS is so that every member of the forum can benefit from it and new members can get guidance without asking the same questions again.

In this view, the best way to help Shahnaz would be if you simply type any names of day care centers that you know about openly on the forum so that she can get help and other members benefit from it too. A 'private message' unfortunately does not serve that purpose.

I hope this clears how an 'Open forum' functions.

Thank you for your contribution
Z

sahil_khan1 wrote:

Hi Shahnaz,

This is Sahil from Pakistan living in jordan, i guess there are many day cares around 6th and 7th circles and around shumessani. If you need any help send me private message so that i could help you/your husband.

Regards,
Sahil

Helo Zeeshan,

I am not sure about specific names of the day care centers but i know the areas therefore i mentioned the areas what i know. I am from pakistan and i found the person in question also from pakistan recently came to jordan, as a recent expat they would definitely look for help in other aspects to settle properly, and if they specially find a another person from same country, they would feel much comfortable.

I think this is very basic info that everyone knows, I hope you also would be aware off such basics.

Thank you.

Hi Sahil,

Let me reiterate the 'such basics' of the OPEN FORUM that is expat-blog.

One person posts the question on Open Forum.
Another person responds openly to the question (IF they know the answer)
Rest of the members search the issue and find the answers in the same thread saving everyone else the time.

This is the way the forum works here. Do keep in mind that members at expat-blog are willing to help other expats regardless of their nationalities.

I would advise you to read the Forum's Code Of Conduct.

Furthermore, please adhere to the topic. In order to keep the thread focused, any further unnecessary comments will be deleted from the thread.

Thank you
Z
Expat-Blog Team
Turkey & Pakistan Expert

sahil_khan1 wrote:

Helo Zeeshan,

I am not sure about specific names of the day care centers but i know the areas therefore i mentioned the areas what i know. I am from pakistan and i found the person in question also from pakistan recently came to jordan, as a recent expat they would definitely look for help in other aspects to settle properly, and if they specially find a another person from same country, they would feel much comfortable.

I think this is very basic info that everyone knows, I hope you also would be aware off such basics.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Following is the list of a few childcare facilities in Amman as suggested by a local parent. You can try contacting them through their websites.

Asrary Nursery
Crayons - Child Care Services In Amman
Eco Tots
Fun Shake
Funki Cut For Kids
Milkyteeth
NutriMusic Acadamy
Pink And Blue Nursery
Stepping Stone Jordan
Strawberry Daycare

Please note that these are not my personal recommendations and in order to ensure the safety of your child, read thoroughly the reviews online before approaching any businesses.

Good luck
Z

Thanks Z for your enormous help in this.

But Amman is a very big city and we can not help accurate as long as Shanaz don't give further details like in what area she wants to look and how old her child is.

@Sahil, its okay to contact one of your countrymen(women) in private  but we prefer to share general information on the forum to benefits everyone who are in search for daycare.

Closed