DNI

Can anyone suggest the least stressful way of obtaining a DNI.

Ive been living in Buenos Aires for almost 3 years on a tourist visa.  Ive gotten to know Colonia, Uruguay quite well!

Thanks in advance.

Randy

Hello Randy & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will help you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Hy Randy..

My name is Robert im from argentina but now im living in colombia.. i worked for seven year in the National Direction of Migrations in argentina.. i know all about the migration law..

First at all what are you doing in argentina .. and where you come from?? the law is very different it depends if you are from mercosur or the asociated countries or if you are from other place because you need a "reason".. which is the reasons.. you can be "worker", "rentist" or "pensioner" for example..

Ok you can consult the page www.migraciones.gov.ar too or you can ask me again with more information..

I hope can help you :)

Bye!!

We started our DNI work before we left the US .. knowing we were going to live here on a permanent basis.
It still took not quite 4 years for the whole process to be finished and now we have Permanent Resident DNIs and we are very relieved not to have to go to Immigrations anymore.
The good news, they have updated their offices and computers and it is only half as hellish as it used to be.
There is a company that will help you but they charge quite a bit .. ARCA.
We did not use them.

Hi all,

My name is Wayne and I have been living in Buenos Aires for little under 5 months now. I just joined this site and thankfully I stumbled across this post in the forum and was hoping that someone with a little more experience than me could provide me with some information!

I was born in South Africa and I was living in the United Kingdom for a little under 2 years before the move to Buenos Aires. I am also currently learning Spanish through the aid of my girlfriend and her family so as to be able to either find work here or study at one of the public universities.

I have struggled immensely with finding work, even English speaking roles, as I do not have a temporary residence visa and I can't find a company willing to sign a 'pre-contract' that I need to apply for a visa. I also thought to apply for a student visa and study and do part-time work at the same time. Alas, this is also proving difficult.

I hope that someone with more information about migrations might be able to give me a tip or something as I feel that I am slowly running out of steam!

Thanks a ton in advance for any replies.

Best regards,
Wayne

The best method seems to be to hire an immigration attorney as it is a very complicated as well as inefficient system here.

Hi! Check out this http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible … xtranjeros

Here you have all the information about