Who would like to go out and have some fun?

It would be nice if we have Iftar next Thursday, August 11th, at a nice restaurant, it could be an Egyptian one as a traditional Iftar or any other. Anybody and everybody is welcome. It could also be an opportunity for foreigners that haven't had much Egyptian food.

I suggest it could be a place that offers an open buffet dinner for a set price, hopefully not more than 100 L.E. or even a cheaper place if people would prefer that.

Does anybody have suggestions of places and prices?

Rania

I Suggest Spectra in Maadi 18st, I like the food ,environment
may be high price as min charge is about 150 LE.

and there is a wonderful place Trianon in Nile Street it is on the Nile bank ,Wonderful

heheh am hungry already :sosad:

and if u wanna traditional egyptian iftar then go to (el set hosneya) or (abu el seed) or (el tekeya)

as for italian i guess what mero928 suggested is already best choices :)

Ya mero928, those r great restaurants but Spectra is a bit expensive. I think for Ramadan it would be nice to have Egyptian traditional food. So maybe (el set hosneya) or (abu el seed) or (el tekeya)would be better.

Don Moe, do u know how much it would cost to eat at each of them? we need to have an idea before we book.

I also need at least 5 or 6 people for the event so whoever is interested, plz confirm here. If most people would prefer to have the Iftar on Friday, no problem, we could do that too.

Rozypearl wrote:

Ya mero928, those r great restaurants but Spectra is a bit expensive. I think for Ramadan it would be nice to have Egyptian traditional food. So maybe (el set hosneya) or (abu el seed) or (el tekeya)would be better.

Don Moe, do u know how much it would cost to eat at each of them? we need to have an idea before we book.

I also need at least 5 or 6 people for the event so whoever is interested, plz confirm here. If most people would prefer to have the Iftar on Friday, no problem, we could do that too.

Well let me ask and reply to you but in normal days it never exceed 100 per person but I will see ramadan prices :)

And am in any day isa ;)

Great! Thx a lot. I hope more people confirm.

@ Rozypearl , all is fine with me.I didnt try el set hosnya or Au el seed.

@ don moe , Italian is my favorite Cuisine  :)
I feel more hungry now :D

mero928, I don't mind where we have Iftar, wherever people want to eat is good for me. Will u join? However, I think we should postpone it till next Thursday, August 11th to give people more time to confirm. I will edit the post and I hope we get more responses.

Don Moe, could u plz give me an idea of prices so we can choose a place and post it on facebook too, thx a lot!

See u all soon.

Rania

Rozypearl wrote:

mero928, I don't mind where we have Iftar, wherever people want to eat is good for me. Will u join? However, I think we should postpone it till next Thursday, August 11th to give people more time to confirm. I will edit the post and I hope we get more responses.

Rania

good idea as I see that week response till now and because of a lot of commitments in the first days of the holy month.

will U join? Sure I will be delighted ,Wish u can find any food as long as I'm in .I'm so hungry in Ramadan.:D:D:D

Rozypearl wrote:

Don Moe, could u plz give me an idea of prices so we can choose a place and post it on facebook too, thx a lot!

See u all soon.

Rania

as i said before am in any day isa!
as for the prices its normal not expensive it wont exceed 100 EGP per person during week days&today i will ask about (el set hosneya) inside oasis near sheraton buildings or in dokki.

Rozyl what u chosed is the same prices as Spectra

Hey Cairo-Soccer and everybody else, I think Spectra is great. I called and they have the same menu and the minimum charge is 75 L.E. That is the cheapest of all restaurants. I will book a table and pay a deposit on Tuesday and I may not be able to add bookings for more people after that because the restaurant is completely booked everyday at that time so please confirm before Tuesday Iftar time.

Address: 14 Abdel Hameed Lotfy St., Mohandessin (To make it easier: The restaurant is in Gamet El Dowal St. Once you get there, drive till Mostafa Mahmoud Mosque, which is well known, Spectra is in the street behind the Mosque.)

Time: Everybody should be there at 6pm the latest so the restaurant could have enough time to take orders and prepare the food. Please be on time everybody.

Plz confirm here as soon as possible if u r interested.

Rania

Hi RozyPearl

Yes I can confirm that I will come along next Thursday evening for my first Iftar meal in Cairo. Just let me know where and when.  See you soon.

To all of my friends on the expat-blog. I know that a lot of people are thinking of coming along so to all of you out there - RozyPearl has taken the trouble to organise this so please just commit to coming along so she can be confident enough to book something. Hope to see many of you next week.

Rania, how you doing ?, Ramadan Kareem, I would like to have Iftar with all of you guys,especially it will be in spectra, hehehe I am hungry.
Waiting your confirm, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011.

Hey hyndmani and malsi, welcome on board. That's great that u have decided to join us. There will also be a couple more of my friends coming so I'm sure It'll be fun.

See u guys then.

I have updated my previous post with all the details about where and when to get there.

Hope more people confirm.

Rania

Hey Rozypearl,It will be nice gathering,most probably i will join you with our friends, so did you decide to make it @ Spectra, what about Spago restaurant,anyway am happy that all of us will be gathered, and I can make the event on facebook too to let more friends know about it

hyndmani, am happy that you are coming, we really missed ur company:)

Eltviola , we will really miss u in this outing, please come back soon, hope for u to enjoy fun there in Uk, and we are waiting for u here

am interested to come

Hey Semsema 135, Ya I have decided to make the Iftar at Spectra, it is a lovely restaurant and it is cheaper than others, I called many restaurants and all of them, including Spago, have 100 L.E. minimum charges and also many of them have set menus which means u have to eat what they offer on those menus and some people may not want that. But Spectra uses its same menu in Ramadan and we all know the food there and many people like it plus the minimum is L.E. 75 so I think Spectra is the better choice.

I'm sure we will all have a great time and we all haven't met for a while so it'll be nice to chat up.

Semsema 135, when will u know for sure that u r coming? I have to know cos I will book and pay a deposit.

Bangora, u r always welcome, does this mean u r confirming that u r coming? Looking forward to seeing u.

Hope everyone that confirmed is definitely coming and won't change their minds cos that may cause a problem with the booking.
and I hope more people can come.

Come On People...... Confirm Now and Join the Fun... Lol!

Rania

Rozyyyyy aam coming isaaa, it will be a great outingggggggg :):)

hyndmani wrote:

To all of my friends on the expat-blog. I know that a lot of people are thinking of coming along so to all of you out there - RozyPearl has taken the trouble to organise this so please just commit to coming along so she can be confident enough to book something. Hope to see many of you next week.

hyndmani,
Thx so much for the support and the nice words, I really appreciate that.

Rania

am in Rania and thanks for your effort :)

I'll be there isA. Thanks for organising this Rozypearl. :)

Ola, am really so happy coz we are gonna have Iftar wiith eachother, eventually we will see you again ya Ola:P Kowayes that ur coming;)
PS:kowayes=nice

don moe, welcome to the gang;)

semsema135 wrote:

Ola, am really so happy coz we are gonna have Iftar wiith eachother, eventually we will see you again ya Ola:P Kowayes that ur coming;)

hehe am happy to join the gang :D

WOW, I see the group is growing bigger :D:D

Dont forget my confirmation IM INNNNNNNNNNN :top:

Wish we can have more ppl

hello Rozypearl unfortunatly i have been invited to other place to have Iftar ..this the seond time to miss an event..I wish to catch you all later

Hi guys,

IŽm new in the city and would love to go and meet up with people.

If itŽs not too late, IŽd like to join you for Iftar.

Thanxx!

Salaam

I really want to join but I dont have that much money, plus I would have to come from Maadi as well :(.  I really wish i could come :(.  I need to meet new people :D

Aligirl, you are most welcome, we are gonna meet up at 6:30, So it is not gonna be late at all, hope u will be able to join us,it will be nice and we will enjoy fun, and if you need any more inquiries, you can send me privatre mesage;):)

whwebsolutions,I hope u will be able to make it, it is gonna be fun, and the distance from maadi to mohandseen won't be that long if u take metro, really i hope u will be able to join us, it will be nice to know u man.Have a great day

semsema135 wrote:

Semsema and Don Moe, so the gang is getting bigger, Great!

The Londoner, I'm happy u're coming, it's been so long since we met.

mero928, of course u r welcome, I counted u in from the beginning, u r one of the first people who confirmed, see u there.

bangora, oh! too bad! We would have liked u to join us. Try to make it to our next outing. Hope 2 meet soon.

aligirl, welcome to the gang too. We would be happy to meet u and become friends. See u there too.

whwebsolutions, heyyyyyy, at last u're thinking of coming, I'm happy, I think u will enjoy it. Maadi is not that far away from Mohadessin. I chose Mohandessin cos it's in between most areas, Like half way for everybody. I hope u come, as I would love to meet u.

Semsema, we will meet at 6:00pm the latest not 6:30. See u there and I'm sure we'll have fun.

Everybody, please be there at 6:00pm the latest, the restaurant manager was very clear about that. Please be on time for this event, u all know that Iftar is at 6:45 and everyone needs to have their meals on time so the restaurant made it clear that they will need enough time to take orders and prepare all the meals.

I will be there just before 6:00pm. In the case that anyone is there earlier than 6:00pm and I'm not there yet, just ask for the table I (Rania) have reserved. I will have payed a deposit so u will not have a problem.

Once again, don't be late for THE FUN!!!!!

Rania

aligirl wrote:

Hi guys,

IŽm new in the city and would love to go and meet up with people.

If itŽs not too late, IŽd like to join you for Iftar.

Thanxx!

Salaam

Welcome on board, not late,it will be next Thursday 11th August
plz, check the previous posts and u will know everything

Waiting for the great event

Hi Ya Girl , seems like u made it big , im coming using the metro map u gave me loooools

Cairo Soccer, have u decided to join the outing? It would be nice to see u.

whwebsolutions, will u join us? Have u made up ur mind? U can take the metro from Maadi to Dokki. It's quite easy from there. Then, take a taxi to the restaurant. It would be nice to meet u. Hope to see u there.

Hey Libya for ever, that's good that u r getting used to Cairo. Many people are joining the outing. We have become quite a big group. 13 people have confirm till now and there r still 5 more that may come and will confirm by tomorrow morning.

Hey everybody, Last Call. I'll book tomorrow after Iftar so plz confirm before 6:00pm. Looking forward to all the FUN!

Rania

Hey guys and gals

We changed the Spectra branch we were going to book, as the Spectra branch behind Mostafa Mahmoud Mosque was completely booked since two days ago. So we booked the Spectra branch also in Gameat El Dowal St, Syria street
The address in details is:3 canal El-suez St., between Syria St and Gameat El Dowal St

Tel number is:37484846
Mobile phone number is:0122884685

Guys, the table is reserved under the name of Expat Group, so just when you will go there, ask about expat group table, and seriously we have to come at 6 pm sharp because the restaurant is fully booked and there will be tons pf people there, and we wanna eat on time;):)

Rania, thank you so much,it is not easy at all to make iftar outing in Ramadan and you know what, if you didnt call spectra, syria branch today, i won't be able to find places anymore, coz when I went there today, the restaurant told me that it is fully booked, but when I mentioned your name, they told me that they already reserved the table for us
Hope to see u all there & I'm sure we will have a great time.

Hey Semsema,
Thx for taking the initiative to post the changes and thx for the support. And a special thx to u for passing by the restaurant and paying the deposit. It would have been a long way for me to go, U know from Haram to Gameat El Dowal St. is an hour and in Ramadan it would have taken me 1 and a half or two hours cos of the crowds.

I'm very excited about the outing, See u all there to have FUN!

You are most welcome ya Ronyyyyyyyyyyy, i did nothing walahy, as you know that the place is very near to my home

See you then and am excited about the event too;)

Topic sticked.:D

harmonie wrote:

Topic sticked.:D

bravo :top::cheers::thanks:

Congrats for Sticky sign

@Rania & Semsema :Thank you so much for the effort u did for Expat group.