Money restrictions in Angola

Are there any restrictions for wiring or transfering money out of Angola? or any Maximum amount?

Yet to be confirmed but yes rumors are coming about restriction of wiring money out of Angola in excess of 20000 US over a year time evenly distributed allowed for only legal residents.

Hi,

Yes in here it is difficult and everyday new regulations is announce, for example currently is only allowed 5000$ using western union! The same as you travel at the airport they will search you if you have more than that money in your pocket imigration will concificate it or if you have any Kwanza (money currency in Angola) they will take all. They dont allow to get out of country will local currency

Hello,

Indeed, there are restrictions to send money abroad from Angola.

Apart from the western union already mentioned, the allowed ammount you can transfer (bank transfer) depends on the purpose and wether you're an individual or a company.
As an individual (regulation changes frequently) it also depends wether you're a national or foreign citizen.
As a foreign, if you have a work visa (don't know if it's the case)you can stransfer monthly your sallary with the maximum of 300.000 USD per year. You'll be asked to give proves of your sallary (contract + passport with work visa).

By law, you can transfer more than the limits established with the authorization of the national bank only.

Also, you're allowed to travel with 15.000 USD on your pockets.

National kwanzas are now allowed to leave the country.

if the money is coming in from other countries for buying and then exporting the goods. is it allowed or there r restrictions on that also.

Hi,

Yes there is a Money transfer Restriction, Every week new Rules and Regulations Comes ,
the Expats are uninformed by the Banks, i.e. no SMS / Emails regarding the Changes in the Rules.

At present since FEB 2015,
money can be transferred thru western union - Max amount 125000 AKZ / month (with the help of 1 Angolan Persons Identity Card , B.I)

It is Horrible here in angola with regards to Money transfer...

Does anyone know which banks are able to receive Western Union in Luanda? I am trying to accept a Western Union cash transaction, and cannot find a bank which will accept it.

Also, are there any other informal ways to send money from USA? Like a hawala system? Or a way to hire someone only to accept / distribute money?

premisedatacorp wrote:

Does anyone know which banks are able to receive Western Union in Luanda? I am trying to accept a Western Union cash transaction, and cannot find a bank which will accept it.

Also, are there any other informal ways to send money from USA? Like a hawala system? Or a way to hire someone only to accept / distribute money?

Google 'western union Angola'.

Seems Post Offices can send and receive payments and there are other outlets which do the same.

Thanks! Unfortunately I've tried Western Union and the banks aren't allowing the transaction to go through :(

Hello

I think I may be able to help you with you with that issue.

Regards

Hugo

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum!
qqkoisa wrote:

Hello

I think I may be able to help you with you with that issue.

[moderated]

Regards

Hugo

The forum is all about the free exchange of information so if you have something that may be of assistance then please post it here so that others can also take advantage of it.

I would advise others not to contact a total stranger who offers help regarding money transfers.

Please I'm in Ghana i want to know if now i can receive money via Western union from angola. My friend tried on so many occasions but it didn't work out about 3months ago..

Hello everyone,

I live in Benguela. Now it is so hard to transfer money abroad. I tried to look in financial service in the forum but couldnt find any service to send money abroad. Do you know anyway to send 30,000-50,000 to Europe? and Asia ?

Many thanks,

Hien

Hi,
I mentioned before that in the directory. There is only link for getting quotes for currency exchange https://www.expat.com/en/currency-exchange/  . I coulldnt get quote for Kwanza to Euro either. There's no contact information of Tachi anywhere.

Would you be so kind to send me the link ?
Many thanks,

Hien

oli_lukas wrote:

The moderators fault then. I added the company details in the directory and it's not showing neither. They don't want contact details to also be given.  I wonder how we are supposed to assist people with certain needs

The details will be checked over before they are allowed on the directory. This is to avoid scams.

Hi there.

I am looking for people who need to send money to Angola...I have funds in Angola and want someone to make an exchange.
I have Kwanzas (Angolan currency) and I need Dollars/Euros/Pounds or any other currency I can use abroad.

Roger

Hello,

Following your post, I can give you Kwanza in Angola and you give me the dollars from USA.

Please contact me if you wish to progress. 

Thanks

Hello,

Following your post, I can take your Kwanza in Angola and give you pounds sterling in the UK or any other international currency.

Pounds sterling is better for me because I am in the UK but if any other currency like Euros or Dollars, then it is also okay.

Let me know if you wish to progress.

Many thanks

Florence

I think you misunderstood me.
I have Kwanzas and Iam looking for people who need to send money to Angola either in dollars or other currency, to exchange with me.

Hi Florence,

Ignore my first reply, I had read ur first post only. :)

I'm also visiting the UK.
Take my number and add me on whatsapp so we can discuss?!!

Roger

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Dear Roger,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately I did not get your whatsapp number posted.  My whatsapp number is *** and my email address is ***  and I wait to hear from you.

Please send me a chat via whatsapp if you get this message.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Florence

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Florence,

There seem to have some issues for us to contact each other by other means due to the rules here.
Can we try Skype?
Do u have Skype that I can add and we talk??

Thankx

Roger

Hi,

My skype id is ***and my whatsapp is ***and email address is***  so if you get these details make a note of the details once received because if you leave it too late it will be deleted by the forum.

I wait to hear from you.

Thanks

Florence

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I've been struggling to get my money transferred out of Angola for months now, I ended up taking the local currency to a street currency exchange and got it exchanged for chinese money which I then took in person across the boarder to Namibia and then sent it back home via western union.... I lost a lot of profit but i was sick of waiting and being told lies by the bank. My family needed the money back in England... It's a solution but not a great one... If anyone know any banks or private exchange places that are doing the transfers directly in Angola please let me know

Hi,

Regarding your Kwanza exchange, I am in London and you can email me using xxxx or whatsapp me on xxxx and provide me with more details in order to progress.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Florence

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi guys I am struggling to get money from Angola I'm in South Africa is there anyway I can get money from Angola I'm really frustrated here it's been 2 months waiting for the Angolan bank to process the money it look like I will never get the money from Angola please help guys