Buying second hand car

Does anyone have experience with buying a second hand car here? I am interested in a KIA - a little one.
Was interested in Suzuki Sprite, but read bad reviews.
Do I trail around to all the dealers and see if they have one or is there a PLACE to begin?
Hoping someone has ideas ...

Hi! I am Angelo de Gracia of SBT Japan. We are a direct importer of 2nd hand cars directly from the auction sites in Japan and from Korea. I believe you are looking for a Kia? I would love it if you could provide me your phone number and email address so I can assist you in selecting from the hundreds of choices being sold everyday both in Japan and Korea. Importing directly should allow you to save a lot of money. You don't have to worry about the process as well, we are experts in the import-export business. I can provide you details thru phone or email if you would want.

Thanks a lot!

Angelo
[email protected]

Bu Ros,
You seems to be an Indonesian...let me tell you in this forum if you want to buy a car in Malang you may come to the appointed KIA or Suzuki dealers and if you still cannot find it you may go to Surabaya the nearest big city around there.

It is up to you whether you buy a new or second hand car,but if you buy a new one it will be less trouble some because the appointed dealers will provide the service under their brand images.

But if you buy a second hand one you will put more efforts by checking the legal documents,the car's condition etc ,You may buy it thru a second hand caryards( called Showroom in Indonesia) or you may buy thru a local paper from its private owner but again you must have that same checking procedures.

In Indonesia if you buy the car you must check its documents to a Local Vehicle Authority just by bringing the car there to be checks the number plate,the body and engine number and the paper called Car Registry or STNK (Surat Tanda Nomor Kendaraan) and the Certificate of Ownership called BPKB (Buku Pemilik Kendaraan Bermotor).

That is my comment and I hope You are happy with this helpfull information from me.

Best regards and enjoy your life here....  :)=)

Thank you very much for your helpful advice.
I am not Indonesian, so I didn't know about the paperwork you mention.
I won't be able to afford a new car and I think I will go to a Showroom. Hopefully, in Malang since the trip to Surabaya is no joy.
Once again, many thanks.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE FROM SBT JAPAN

I purchased a Toyota Rav4 from SBT Japan on 08 February 2012 with 100% payment upfront. At the time of purchase on the 8th, I was promised that the vehicle will be loaded on the 10th of Feb for delivery in early March.
A week later I was informed that the ship had no space so the delivery was postponed. The vehicle was delivered to Guyana in end April and cleared later. Before delivery of the vehicle, I also learnt that the true mileage reported at the time of purchase was significantly incorrect - even though I had insisted repeatedly on reporting of true mileage.
Upon receipt and within the first test drive, the car showed jerks, erratic shifting of gears and slow acceleration. The local mechanics first diagnosed a problem with the transmission and then with the ECU. I have been suggested to limit the use of the car as it may affect the transmission.
As a result, I have been unable to use the car and have incurred significant costs in car rentals. Even more frustrating is the fact that I sent the pictures of the ECU on May 18th and the spare parts department has been unable to locate a good quality used ECU. I understand that a new ECU is priced around $2000. Having imported cars from other car dealers in Japan, this is probably my worst experience.
I have been following up with SBT Japan almost thrice a week and for the last two months they have been promised to locate me a used ECU. They say the ECU is out of stock. I am not able to use the car for two months.
I have been disappointed at every stage by SBT Japan.

BuRose wrote:

Does anyone have experience with buying a second hand car here? I am interested in a KIA - a little one.
Was interested in Suzuki Sprite, but read bad reviews.
Do I trail around to all the dealers and see if they have one or is there a PLACE to begin?
Hoping someone has ideas ...

Hey, I was bought a second hand car of Suzuki Aerio on west jakarta at Mobile88 and as long as me and my family using it, it goes really good one. Don't forget to check the car you want to buy of! :)

hi can you export to indonasia and clearance of costom  i ll like to import 08 or 07 toyota rush or around year . pls let me know if its possible thanks

lesson no 1 in Indonesia, NEVER pay upfront for stuff you do not received yet..