King Abdulaziz university-any help would be great

Hi, I am hoping to move to jeddah from abudhabi. I have an interview tomorrow-King Abdul Aziz University.

I have few questions. Any help would be great!!!!

1.Does anyone know what they will be asking in the interview? Should I go over methodologies--Im dreading this--questions could get nasty- or will it be a typical 2-3 question interview? Schools in abu dhabi did not go into methodologies but they asked everything about curriculum, classroom management, weaknesses, and everything written on the cv.

2.I heard some people being offered 11000sr as salaries while others are offered 17000 which is right? I dont think anyone will konw this but what will I be offered LOL :)

Accomodation: I know the restriction for women and how it is but Im just not able to imagine how life will be. Maybe someone can help me so I give firm answers. I hate being looopy you know when you ve got 10000 questions in your head and you ve got 10000 questions been thrown at you?

In abu dhabi (where I am) I live in a shared accomodation which I can leave and come to whenever I want. In saudi, I know that teaching couples are given accomodation allowances yearly but what about poor lil me (baa baaaa) I dont think ILl be on my own or sharing an accomodation? nor will I be on a compound. I think big companies offer that. How will it be for single female? HELPPPP and THANKS

BAAAbAAAA

just feel confidence and show them that you are in good position with your current work.
answer shortly, and better if you ask many questions too.
how is housing how is staff u will work with... etc.

don't forget to pray to get this job ;)

hope you got it

Regards,

Nahdi

the interview went fine! thank you very much for your answer.. yes prayer does help :)

BAA_BAAintheDunes wrote:

the interview went fine! thank you very much for your answer.. yes prayer does help :)

So...... did you get it?????

I DID I DID!! :) the salary is not bad but theres another university al Yamama university..that one looks much better LOL I really hope Ill be able to get in..but I wont be sad if I wont..Ill be thankful :) BUT IT WOULD BE SO COOL IF I DID YAY! but I wont or try not to expect much :D

they ve asked for so many documents. I had to request a document from the university and I think that will determine everything. They want to know what courses I ve taken? When I applied for Masters I was asked for that document but never before for a job interview..lets see what happens...me excitedd jumps for joyyyy but wont be down if I dont get it LOL

BAA BAA BAAAA--- :)

BAA_BAAintheDunes wrote:

I DID I DID!! :) the salary is not bad but theres another university al Yamama university..that one looks much better LOL I really hope Ill be able to get in..but I wont be sad if I wont..Ill be thankful :) BUT IT WOULD BE SO COOL IF I DID YAY! but I wont or try not to expect much :D

they ve asked for so many documents. I had to request a document from the university and I think that will determine everything. They want to know what courses I ve taken? When I applied for Masters I was asked for that document but never before for a job interview..lets see what happens...me excitedd jumps for joyyyy but wont be down if I dont get it LOL

BAA BAA BAAAA--- :)

So you got the job, but you are looking at another? wow, go you..... Well done :)

BAA_BAAintheDunes,

Did you take the job with King Abdulaziz University? I have a Skype interview in a few days with their English Language Institute. Could you give me any pointers?

If you did take the job, I would be so grateful for any information on the nature of the job. How are you being treated by your employer? What are the students like? What is the general morale amongst the ex-pat community? Any advice? Any pointers?

Herrick

Hi,

Congratulations for the job offer.

I have an interview with the English Language Institute next week and I was wondering if you could clarify some points for me. What kinds of questions did they ask? did they go through teaching philosophies, methods, testing, etc? or just about your previous experiences and courses? also how long was the interview? did you get the offer right away?
Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Sally

al yamamah is literally right behind my compound

Freshlikesushi wrote:

al yamamah is literally right behind my compound

/me stalks sushi

good luck for ya BB n welcome aboard KING ABDULAZIZ UNI is one good place to work at n u can get used to it easyly

mukh wrote:

good luck for ya BB n welcome aboard KING ABDULAZIZ UNI is one good place to work at n u can get used to it easyly

Don't wanna be a party pooper, but that post is over 14 months old.  So she either got used to it, she never came, or she came and she's left already!

i'm looking forward to KAU INTERVIEW,CAN U INFORM ME ABOUT THE SKYPE INTERVIEW...HOW LOONG IT'LL B?WHAT SORT F QUESTIONS THEY ASK?PLS SEND ME D DETAILS F THEIR SKYPE INTERVIEW.I'M SHORTLISTED BY ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE.

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY
MARY

@evajoe123 -> Can you please lower your caps lock when writing so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

my caps on by default soorryyyyyyy.do u've any idea about king abdul aziz's interview?

if possible pls send me d details f king abdul aziz's interview -----english lecturer/instructor?

Hello

I am wondering if you might be able to advise me.

I am currently in the UK and I have been offered an interview for the position of English Language Teacher at the King Abdul Aziz University College for Women in Jeddah.

I wonder if you might share your experiences of the Skype interview and of your actual working life in Jeddah? I have a family and would not like to move over to Jeddah until I am sure it is in all our best interests.

Thanking you in advance!

Did anyone have any information about the interview for KAU English Language Teacher jobs? And working life there? Would welcome any information.

Nikaab wrote:

I am currently in the UK and I have been offered an interview for the position of English Language Teacher at the King Abdul Aziz University College for Women in Jeddah.

I wonder if you might share your experiences of the Skype interview and of your actual working life in Jeddah? I have a family and would not like to move over to Jeddah until I am sure it is in all our best interests.

Mac59 wrote:

Did anyone have any information about the interview for KAU English Language Teacher jobs? And working life there? Would welcome any information.

A friend recently interviewed with the ELI and said it was an average interview---nothing tricky or out of the ordinary that an experienced teacher couldn't handle.  She also said the interviewers were pleasant and rather laid back.

As for working there, you'll find some comments about KAU/ELI on the Saudi job discussion forum on Dave's ESL Cafe.  Google it.  However, you can always bring up your questions during the interview.  Whenever I have a interview, I always prepare a list of 6-8 questions that focus on the students, teaching, professional development, curriculum, work environment, and so on.  And 99% of the time, I receive an offer.  Regardless of the job, many interviewees don't bother to ask any questions.  Be smart and be an active interviewee.

There's plenty of info within this forum about living in Jeddah.  Best not to waste your interviewers' time asking questions about life here.

Thanks for the advice - all sounds very sensible, Smurfette! Cheers.

hi
this Fatima from india even I seeking job in Jeddah . tell me  ur experience regarding interview for eng lecturer king abdulaziz  university. and how ugot connected with Skype.let me know.

can any body tell me how I approach to face interview through Skype.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I Ms Nasreen Shaikh has done Masters in Clinical Psychology and Education and currently working as an Associate Professor  in the College of Education, Mumbai. I have found the vacancy available appealing to me. Therefore, would like to offer my candidature for the required post and would like to work under your kind control and supervision.  I request you to consider my candidature for the same and oblige.

Looking forward for your positive and favourable gesture.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely.

Nasreen Shaikh.

nasreen shaikh wrote:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I Ms Nasreen Shaikh has done Masters in Clinical Psychology and Education and currently working as an Associate Professor  in the College of Education, Mumbai. I have found the vacancy available appealing to me. Therefore, would like to offer my candidature for the required post and would like to work under your kind control and supervision.  I request you to consider my candidature for the same and oblige.

Looking forward for your positive and favourable gesture.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely.
                                                                                         Nasreen Shaikh.

Dear Ms. Shaikh,

I need a bit more information.

#1.  Which vacancy?
     #2.  Why does this vacancy appeal to you?
     #3.  Who am I (since you want to work under me)?

Yours very truly,
Alliecat
Department Head

Dear Sir !

I am looking for a job in the University, college or Secondary school. I have done Masters in Clinical Psychology, Education and recently submitted Ph.D thesis.I want you to guide me with respect to my search for suitable job. I am looking for Principal, lecturer/ Professor or Counselor or Research guide in any well reputed school, College or University.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely.

Nasreen Shaikh.

I am from India even I faced interview yet no response. 10 days passed. will they send offer letter at house address or E-mail us or our consultant will get informed.and let me did u got selected.                                      thanks
plz reply

Assalamailkum folks am shariff here, looking out a position in KAU as a commerce and management. I have done my Masters in commerce and Management, along with that am pursing Phd from Tumkur University. Plz let me know am badly in need of a job
Thk U Ma-assalam

hi
I am from india I faced interview for (SLE)SECOND LANGUAGE ENGLISH very general question regarding method of teaching English but till now reply. I have been in Jeddah for 3 yrs

Sir can you please reply me urgently about the kind of questions they ask you on SKYP, as i have an interview on SKYP very soon.

Can anyone tell me how to apply for masters in king abdul Aziz uni?

Go go their Website which have all information about their masters program.
There is Full time and Part time options available for masters program option of evening college is also available for working professionals.

Thank you for responding but im unable to find any link which leads to the application details. yeah details are given bu that is also not complete

Contact them through e_mail for more information.

haphazard wrote:

Thank you for responding but im unable to find any link which leads to the application details. yeah details are given bu that is also not complete

I think admissions are closed and it is difficult for non-Saudi to be accepted. You have an option to enroll to their scholarship program or choose another university. Just check their website, twitter account for details.