Russian/danish girl moving to Cairo

Hey everybody!

I'm a new member of this website. Right now im still living in Denmark, but will be moving to Cairo in september because of a job. I'm very excited, because it's such a big step, moving all alone.
I hope to meet some new people on this site.

Good luck to all of u!
/Sonya

Well you have to connect with our Cairo Animator Eltviola! as she already does a very good job in weekly outing plus she's number 1 :)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=78950

Good Luck.

Thank u Moe!!! :-)

Sousou88 wrote:

Thank u Moe!!! :-)

u welcome :)

Hi ,

I am a new comer in Egypt ,just two weeks. staying at Rehab

You are welcome and come with confident, here everything is cool,people are friendly and you will love this country.

See u  soon

don moe wrote:

Well you have to connect with our Cairo Animator Eltviola! as she already does a very good job in weekly outing plus she's number 1 :)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=78950

Good Luck.

:one

Armand wrote:
don moe wrote:

Good Luck.

:one

very BIG thanks Armand :)

Haitham A. El Hashmy wrote:

i am very new here as well.. u would enjoy alot in Egypt.. we can get connected...i do not know how things are going on this site im searching..but we can talk via msn ro skype at least!

Welcome to expat-blog Haitham!

Hope that you establish new friends asap.

just to remind you that this is not a dating site and you have to read more about this

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32460

take care bro ;)

Haitham A. El Hashmy wrote:

:) i knwo iti s not a dating site..and i did not ask her for a date ( yet ) hehehehe i am already organizing alot between exapts and Egyptians and im sharing alot of groups in this..i would like her to get involved..as she is new as she said and she will need more social events and stuff..and if i want to date her i would ask her direcly..lol wont make it this way..and i wouldn;t date a girl through a pic on a website!!! and also if ppl would like to date through websites it is not forbidden..even if it is not the title of the website!

but do not worry friend...i m stuck to the rules..no meaning for any kind of dating in my words....hehehe dating is not like that :P

i like this (yet) ;)
well it will be interesting that you can share with all of us your experiences about expats & events & please never take it personal dude :)
sorry if i offended you :)
waiting for your thoughts :)

Sousou88 wrote:

Hey everybody!

I'm a new member of this website. Right now im still living in Denmark, but will be moving to Cairo in september because of a job. I'm very excited, because it's such a big step, moving all alone.
I hope to meet some new people on this site.

Good luck to all of u!
/Sonya

Hello Sonya

Welcome With Us :)

i'm sure u will have alot of friends here

the social life here is pretty cool
alot of events and stuff
good luck :)

welcome to egypt and welcome to this community :)

Thx john25 and thank u SAMXIII!
I can't wait to move to Cairo and join the social life there. The events sounds pretty exciting to me :)

Hi all :) welcome!

Nice to see a few newcomers joining the forum. Sadly on a social front I won't be organising any events until the end of Ramadan as I'll be in the UK, but anyone can suggest an event in the socials topic (or their own topic) :)
Elaine

Welcome!
Of course, that you will find a lot of differences when you'll live here not just as a tourist in a week. Not always is everything simple or as in our coutries, but that is same for everyone who live in different culture. I lived many countries over world so u everywhere find good people and friends to help u and feel like a home. Here is plenty of options where to go, both between ...local and expats and many options for activities (certainly not as much as in Europe but for sure many). Good luck for your next step here.

Thank u Mosu and Elaine, i'll be in Cairo after Ramadan, so i'll be looking forward to one of ur events. Can't wait to meet all of u :)

Hello Ehab Elmasry and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.:)

EhabMasry wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Am trying to get the hang of this site, am British expat (Egyptian roots) living in Cairo - would love to be part of your community. I have noticed nothing would be happening till the end of Ramadan?

Ehab Elmasry

Hi and welcome :)

Nothing will happen if nobody takes the social lead - it's usually left up to me but I'll be away until the 22nd Aug :) Perhaps you could suggest a time/place for a social gathering? I'm sure you'd get some people accepting and it sounds like there are a lot of people wanting to go out during Ramadan!
:D

Elaine

welcome to Cairo and this forum!:)

hello Sonya i live in Cairo Egypt in Maadi you know i will travel to Denmark in next October :D we could help each other by sharing information about life in each country i will help you and you will help me :) thanks goodbye

Mostafa samy wrote:

hello Sonya i live in Cairo Egypt in Maadi you know i will travel to Denmark in next October :D we could help each other by sharing information about life in each country i will help you and you will help me :) thanks goodbye

Hey Mostafa,
Sounds good to me, let me know if i can help with anything while im still in DK.

Sousou88 wrote:
Mostafa samy wrote:

Hey Mostafa,
Sounds good to me, let me know if i can help with anything while im still in DK.

Thank you so much first of all i have a problem in accommodation i`m still searching for a suitable place to live in
second in denmark people have any problem with muslim people ? or arab people ? and there is mosques to pray or not ?
third the clement??? is it very cold all the time or some month only
thank you :)

Mostafa samy wrote:

Thank you so much first of all i have a problem in accommodation i`m still searching for a suitable place to live in
second in denmark people have any problem with muslim people ? or arab people ? and there is mosques to pray or not ?

Mostafa, i'll send u a private msg with all the info u need to know, but a quick respond to ur questions; don't worry, DK is a very nice country, u can practice ur religion with no problems.
The weather isn't that bad, though it can get really cold in the winter. I'll tell u more in my msg.

Sousou88 wrote:
Mostafa samy wrote:

Mostafa, i'll send u a private msg with all the info u need to know, but a quick respond to ur questions; don't worry, DK is a very nice country, u can practice ur religion with no problems.
The weather isn't that bad, though it can get really cold in the winter. I'll tell u more in my msg.

ok really thank you so much

Welcome to Egypt & to Forum

BPSH wrote:

Welcome to Egypt & to Forum

Thank you :)

I'm so much happy seeing a lot of comers to Egypt in this Situation, Im so happy to say welcome u all to Egypt and to the amazing forum.

mero928 wrote:

I'm so much happy seeing a lot of comers to Egypt in this Situation, Im so happy to say welcome u all to Egypt and to the amazing forum.

When will u come ???

mero928 wrote:

When will u come ???

I'll be moving in september

Welcome, U will miss Ramadan spirit in Egypt but u will get it next year :D

mero928 wrote:

Welcome, U will miss Ramadan spirit in Egypt but u will get it next year :D

Thx, and yeah I know!!! But next year, isA ;-)

Sousou88 wrote:

isA ;-)

you started to write in arabic now :D

don moe wrote:
Sousou88 wrote:

isA ;-)

Hehe... Aywa, sa7 :-)
I've been studying it for a long time now, but it's difficult, especially egyptian.. Cause at the uni, they teached us fus7a.

Sousou88 wrote:
don moe wrote:
Sousou88 wrote:

isA ;-)

I've been studying it for a long time now, but it's difficult, especially egyptian.. Cause at the uni, they teached us fus7a.

well you are starting to be professional in egyptian arabic :P
good student :one

u write in franko-arab exactly like Egyptian
now u can walk like Egyptian 
:D:D:D

U are more than welcome to our Weekly Meetings every Tuesday

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115453&p=3

Rehabkhat wrote:

Hi Sonya,

I'm from Russia, I have married to Egyptian Man and now we are living now in Cairo Egypt, we just arrived to Egypt, he don't have any friends here and we hope that we can be friends.

Natalia Baykalova

Hello Natalia,

I am Egyptian and my wife is Ukrainian and we are living in Cairo.

Can you send me your husband's contacts in private so we can get to know each other and maybe meet (the four of us) ?

hey girls/guys im also new here and live in maadi because of my job. is there any place to go in the evening?
Mert

Hi, welcome. My name is Elena, I'm from Russia, movedto Cairo 3 month ago beause of work, also alone. So i know how it feels when you in new country without friends, not funny. So if you need anything please let me know and I wil help if i can. It could be difficult first time.

Welcome to fero land .. I hope u like it.. I just love Egypt especially the hospitality its been one year here . But I never felt being away from home.

Closed