Meeting other mommies and kids in Davao

Hi

Is there any playgroup or club that we can join? We hope to meet new friends. I'm a full-time housewife from Singapore with my 2.5 years old son.

Thanks!

If you get a house in a private village, most probably there is club for mommies and kids to hang out, you can do some activities like swimming, their a fitness center, and any outdoor activities. Davao has many malls too , and their is a lot of imported goods and items but I suggest to buy local products. Hope you will enjoy your stay in Davao..

Thanks for ur advice Honeyclotte..we will probably get a place with these amenities.:)

I would have to differ a bit with honeyclotte's assumption about living in a private village.  It's not "most probably" that you'll find a playgroup there, but just "probably". And with that, you might not find one that suits you.  At gated communities, homeowners are of different age groups - from senior citizens to young childless couples.  Yes there might be a "mommy and me" group there, but the kids might not be at the same age bracket as yours.  And homeowners usually don't attend homeowners' meetings, unless they're a board member.  But good luck though with finding a group there to your liking. 

I think the best bet to giving your child a "social life" is enrolling him in a toddler class.  The problem is that that doesn't necessarily give you a social life.  But you if you try getting to know the moms there, perhaps getting a carpool going, you can make friends. (The nice thing is their kid is the same age as yours, so at least with that, you'll have something in common.) Get a list from the school and invite them to your child's birthday party, and eventually to yours and to other events.

This worked for me.  I never thought that giving my son a social life eventually got me one.  Two of my son's classmates actually live in the same village.  And I would have not known that until after I've met their moms in the school.  We all carpool now.  And I'm now friends with other moms as well.