Waiting for help about the job/working for SABIC in T&I.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I received an offer from SABIC for a scientist position in T&I.
I am offered "Duration: Two years, renewable with mutual agreenment for one year terms." 

Is this a permanent job?  The manager says yes, it is a permanent job.

Anyone who has the same or similar offer, please help.
Again, is this a permanent job in SABIC.

Please help.

New-to-Riyadh

Doe's anyone's permanent job offer have the "Duration, Two years, renewable with mutual agreenment for one year terms"?

What your permanent job offer letter looks like?

My 2nd question is, how about the living in Riyadh with a monthly salary of SR 37000 plus housing.

Thank you.

New-to-Riyadh

all work visa's are only valid for 2 years. every two years you get it renewed. and no, you can not get it more than 2 years.

Most of the job contracts are one year and renewable, having two year contract is good. Financials mentioned above and accommodation is good package, just reconfirm about accomodation details, is it house in compound or apartments, big difference in pricing and life style, compound is expensive and lifestyle is good.

I have the same terms and conditions as yourself.

Its pretty much standard.

Your contract will be renewed on the anniversary of the old contract.

However, there is no legal obligation on your employer to renew each contact they do have the right to say "thank you we will NOT be renewing your contract"

I have mentioned in a previous post regarding saudization, which anyone coming to Saudi should be aware off. It a factor you have to consider in whether to accept or reject the offer.

The offer you have is  good for most western expats, and you should be able to live comfortably.

SaudiUK,
Thank you very much for your information.

New/to/Riyadh wrote:

Doe's anyone's permanent job offer have the "Duration, Two years, renewable with mutual agreenment for one year terms"?

What your permanent job offer letter looks like?

My 2nd question is, how about the living in Riyadh with a monthly salary of SR 37000 plus housing.

Thank you.

New-to-Riyadh

wow thats good. thats actually A REALLY GOOD OFFFER WOW. mouth drops. lately things were not great for riyadh...im comparing your offer to my firends. Hes General manager with a 30 000 no acomodation. he has to pay from his pocket boo. this is uae by the way I thought ksa was less.

Are you a General Manager/area manager in construction or sth like that?

in uae they used to give offers like that but now they have taken out the accomodation.

I dont know but if ur european this is an excellent offer. if your american/british, maybe you could have gone up to 50 000. but 50 000 is a high number considering MANY EXPATS arriving and SO MANY jobless. salaries have dropped as a fact and I thought it would less in riyadh for a general manager/area manager.

SO ENJOY or SAVE  your money :) CHEERS!!!

Edit: 50 000 was 5 years ago when Dubai was booming. so truely and really ur sallary is beyond goood.

New/to/Riyadh wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I received an offer from SABIC for a scientist position in T&I.
I am offered "Duration: Two years, renewable with mutual agreenment for one year terms." 

Is this a permanent job?  The manager says yes, it is a permanent job.

Anyone who has the same or similar offer, please help.
Again, is this a permanent job in SABIC.

Please help.

New-to-Riyadh

im working for a school in uae, and my contract says the same exactly word for word I just checked. SO GO ON AHEAD knock yourself dead YAY!:dumbom:

Thank you all for your information/comments.

New-to-Riyadh

[moderated: please post your ad in the jobs section]

@ adnanjameel - Try to put ur CV on job Portal website.... Good Luck

Hi i recieved a similar offer apprently they are only allowed to issue a maxium of a 2 year visa then is applied every year incase suaid goverment needs to change visa laws they like to stay in control.. prime example they got rid of a lot of people where companies had recruited people for job that local people can do. So if they wish they can remove people from the country to give local prorities.