Thai /Asian supermarket

Are there any shops selling thai/asian foodstuffs ? I know the supermarkets sell very limited ingredients, but I'm after lime leaves, lemon grass, Pla Slid, luk chin pla etc.

have you tried out the places in Khobar shamliya, behind rahmaniyah mall. there is usually a large number of far east shops there..

RedGoblin wrote:

have you tried out the places in Khobar shamliya, behind rahmaniyah mall. there is usually a large number of far east shops there..

Not yet, but I will thks.

In case anyone is interested, I bought fresh lemon grass from HyperPanda across the road from Mall of Daharan today(not the one in the mall.) You can freeze it, so a 10SAR bunch is gonna last a while :)

Now I can make Tom Yam Kung

That's just showing off...
I bought a kettle, now I can make coffee :-)

(It's the little things that help)

Did you have to ask the little lady for the recipe ?

There is a Thai restaurant and next door is a Thai shop. I think it's down towards the bottom of 4th street but I'll have to check my sat nav to be sure.

Anyway it has a good selection of fresh Thai herbs and fruits.

Now all I need is for my wife to arrive and she'll be turning out some tasty food :) arroy maak.

hamlay wrote:

There is a Thai restaurant and next door is a Thai shop. I think it's down towards the bottom of 4th street but I'll have to check my sat nav to be sure.

Now all I need is for my wife to arrive and she'll be turning out some tasty food :) arroy maak.

Found it this morning....

r there in chinies store in khober or dammam

Yes there are several Chinese food stores in Khobar.
..Sorry I don't have any address / directions, but next time I pass one I'll make a note of the street and let you know.

I've yet to find a Chinese restaurant that does 'real' Cantonese or Shanghanese (or any proper chinese) food.
..Would love to hear from anyone who has found a dim sum place in Khobar.

hamlay wrote:

Hamlay, where is this place exactly?

Thanks

Hey there. Can you share the coordinate of this Asian market. Need to find something for my Thai cuisine adventure. Hehe

Hi epoyogusto,

Do note that this topic has been created in 2011, so you have posted on a very old one.  :whistle:
Maybe it would be better if you can create a new thread on the Khobar forum and ask your questions there.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Chinese store is between 2nd & 3rd street, in-front of Shawaya restaurant, along Al rahmaniyah road.

Thank you for the information.  Is it a Chinese grocery store?  I have been looking for one in Riyadh.  Anyone has information of a Chinese grocery store is greatly appreciated.