Rental for 3 months 2011

Hi, I am a newbie, so bare with me. My family, me and 2 teens, are very interested in visiting Slovenia for 3 months, Oct-Dec.  We really only need a place with 2 bedrooms. What would be the average rent? The cost of living looks very reasonable, but is transportation between city and town reasonable? I really appreciate any help/advice anyone has to share.

Hi,
depends where you go really, as far as I know the costs differ quite a lot. In the capital, where I am, a price for a decent 2 bedroom flat could be anywhere above 700 EUR per month.
I am not sure how much the transportation costs are between citys, but there should be something like a monthly pass for trains.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Best,
A.

700 eu any month ! :o
its realy true ?? ,is so much :/
i though for rent its so much less than 700eu ,maybe 200 eu
but ,if there in capital or anywhere else in slovenia can i find one as less price to rent ,a normal home for 2person ?

700eu it is really true, at least in Ljubljana. And this is starting price. Rental in Ljubljana is very expensive, and for 200 eu/person you can't get more than a room in apartment shared with students or owner.

Slovenia is probably the most expensive country in Europe on a wages to cost basis, due to the heavy burden on the country of supporting thousands of student economists living with their mums while getting training to go out and make everywhere else on the planet as overpriced and badly served.  Their plan - although they don't know it - is to make consumers work harder to pay higher taxes to support an army of financial geniuses and dozy, feeling-less, bureaucratic oafs who make nothing whatsoever - except trouble for the rest of us.  With the help of credit-hungry punters we have seen what the top-heavy layer of penpushers have wrought in Slovenia, and this Ruritanian structure is a paradigm for other nations.  In a country of 2 million people producing 1000 economics graduates a year someone might have noticed that, in accordance with the law of supply and demand, the value of economists decreases in inverse proportion to their number - but no.  Each one is convinced he is very special.  He is going to be so rich, and his parents so proud of his grey contribution to the world.  Which famous recessions preceded the invention of economics, hmmm?

i have no idea who you are but you are so painfully right!!! I can just say again and again - I am glad i left when I did. Regards to Ptuj

Why thank you Vesna. I have a GCE Maths O level (grade 6).  If you have any philanthropic or charity aims see docs.google.com/document/d/1lYpgED0vj_E2Cqlw4yk3qfnhcjNEUzLkF9GcZg6WPew/edit