International Driver's License

#1 15 July 2011 23:32:03

chokoi

International Driver's License

Hi.Im new here in oman.I just want to know if I can convert my Philippine international driver's license to omani license and how much would it cost?Thank you

#2 21 July 2011 10:40:44

Srilolan
Srilolan
Al Khuwair, Muscat

Re: International Driver's License

You may have to go for regular test and I hope other than gulf countries driving licenses are being converted in to Omani driving licenses. I got UAE driving license against my Omani driving license in 2005.

#3 18 August 2011 10:32:27

chokoi

UPDATE:
HI TO ALL EXPAT:

INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE IS NOT CONVERTIBLE TO OMANI DRIVER'S LICENSE.YOU CAN USE THE LICENSE ONLY IF YOU ARE A TOURIST FOR A MAX.OF 3 MOS.

ONCE YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF OMAN,THEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE DRIVING LESSONS PASS THE DRIVING EXAM.THOUGH THERE IS A SHORTCUT IF YOU HAVE A LICENSE IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY JUST HAVE IT ATTESTED FROM YOUR EMBASSY TO PROVE THAT YOUR LICENSE IS NOT FAKE.SECONDLY,YOU HAVE TO PAY 5 RIALS FOR STAMP IN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (MUSCAT),LASTLY GO TO ROYAL OMAN POLICE GET A TRAINING LICENSE BOOKLET FOR 5 RIALS AND GET A ROAD TEST.

GOOD LUCK...

#4 24 August 2014 19:18:41

cars_and_city

Hi,

Few friends says we can use Indian International Driving Licence which is valid for 1 yrs issued from India... Using that we can drive car in Oman for an year !! I may be wrong... Has any expat tried this way and succeeded or failed  ????

Can you share your taughts plz ???

#5 25 August 2014 06:22:23

Rammy87
Rammy87
Muscat

@ Cars : If you are a permanent resident of Oman, you are expected to obtain an Omani Driving License, anyone staying for more than 3 months is considered a permanent residence of Oman.

4 members online in Oman

Expatriate health insurance Muscat
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Muscat.
>> Click here
Expat banking Muscat
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Muscat
A few tips from professionals about moving to Muscat.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Muscat
Don't worry and travel happy across Muscat.
>> Click here