Baby essentials

So I made my inaugral visit to the Granada mall today... I thought I would go and see what is there and also visit Carrefour to see if I could get some of the kids stuff I will need for when the family arrives... Key things I were looking for were, Nappies, Cow and Gate Milk and Baby Rusks...

Although I found nappies, they were Pampers and based on our experience from the UK they are not good. We have used Huggies for both kids and are more reliable i.e do not leak.

Could not find any Cow and Gate milk at all (after Stage 3) and rusks... I am going to try Panda tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone knew if they would have this stuff or would I need to go to Tammimi... any advice appreciated

thanks

Hi Leedslad,
Im not sure about the cow and gate milk but I would recommend you try Tammimi and Danube, they have a fair amount of imported goods that may make you feel a little more at home.

I tried Panda yesterday and Tammimi is next on the list... Where is Danube... in very simplistic terms with landmarks please so I can explain it to be driver :-)

Danube - you have two choices - both are located in shopping malls.

1. Hyatt Mall on King Abdulaziz Road. (you wont have a problem finding Hyatt Mall on King Abdulaziz Road, driver will know)

2. Panorama Mall - its on Taksussi Road at the crossing with Tahalia Road.

for Cow and Gate milk,check it at any big pharmacy, there is also a Boots pharmacy in Sahara Mall,check there u will definitely find it.

Danube is in Hyatt mall which is right next to Sahara Mall which has Tammimi in it. Both malls have pharmacies in. Boots pharmacy is the opposite end of the mall to Tammimi so just keep walking down and it will be on your left. Good luck!

thank you all.... I will let you know how I get on...

you can find huggies in any supermarket. (ur so right about pampers brand, thyr not good at all) but i dont think you can find cow & gate formula here. there are so many other choices of formula though...u could try similac, nan, bebelac. im using pediasure for my 2 year old.
but oh my god its so expensive to raise a kid these days.

Good luck for baby shopping!!!

thanks S.k14... I am aware of the other brands but my daughter has been on cow and gate since birth and I would like to be keep things consistent when she moves....

If all else fails. It will be coming with us from the UK when my wife travels across

so here is an update for anyone else who maybe interested....

I was unable to find Cow and Gate at either Tammimi or Danube... even went into Boots... The latter did not sell baby milk...

However I did find Farley's rusks at tammimi... So I guess the Cow and Gate needs to come with us from the UK... If there is anyone going back to the UK and have some space in their baggage and wouldnt mind bringing some milk back... I would be highly appreciative

Hi there,

Have you tried to look for the Cow and Gate milk in AL-Habib Pharmacy? It is located in Ulaya district on king Fahad's Road. Since you tried all what is mentioned above, this is your last choice. Good luck.

thanks Rose.... that maybe my last bet.... is it a big place?

If anyone else happens to be going and would not mind checking, it would be appreciated and save me a trip

Hi, does anyone know where can we found Huggies little swimmwers?

You found Cow and Gate milk?