Moving to Israel

Hi everyone, we are 2 English ladies who need advice in moving / working in Israel. 

Please, any advice on how we look for work, at present we are both working as secretaries, how to find apartments at reasonable prices, which are the best areas to live, is Televiv nice? all advice would be great.

Finally is Israel animal friendly as my dog will be coming too.

Thank you and look forward to your replys.

Karen

Hey Karen!

I hope other members will be able to give you some advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand, so do I.

Hi Karena,

I have lived in Israel on and off for about 5 years. Mostly in Tel Aviv it is an amazing place welcome!!

To answer your specific questions;

I'll start with the last one, this place is dog heaven, pretty much everyone here seems to have a dog and there are parks specifically for dog walking so you won't have any problems there.

With regards to finding a flat, here are some links to places in both English and Hebrew. English ones:
janglo.net/
telaviv.craigslist.org/apa/
Also if you hunt around on facebook I have heard that there are some groups available for advertising properties.
If you want to live in the heart of Tel Aviv with a friend then you will be looking at rent of between 2-3000 shekels each per month. The moment you move in more outlying areas then the price drops dramatically.

Hi Marc, Thanks so much for the helpful information and links. Tel Aviv is where we want to head to, there will be 2 of us coming + 1 dog, How easy is to look for work, we have already started applying by sending our CV's off but hit a bit of brick wall as no answers, is it better to arrive and network when your there or try and get a job beforehand, also, sorry for so many questions, is it easy to obtain a work permit. I look forward to your reply.

Hi Karena, your best bet is to go to the Israeli embassy for your work permit to find a job, your tourist visa will last 3 months.

Yeah it's better to look for work when you are in Tel Aviv I think. The online gaming industry is probably a good place to look for work as they are always hiring (it seems). Try looking here for work
jobs-israel.com

Once again Marc thanks for your help, we will look into this.