Just moved to Geneva, interested in meeting new people!

Hi everybody,
My name is Carley, I am a 22 year old British female and have just moved to Geneva. I will be working as an au pair starting in August as a way for me to take some time out, learn a new language-French,a new culture and hopefully meet some fun people. I am a recent graduate of Edinburgh University where I studied Marketing for four years and have never lived in Switzerland before so this is all very new to me. Please get in touch if you can relate to my situation and want to meet up or if you just want to chat. Any advice on the best ways to meet new people would also be great...;)

Thanks!

Hi Carley!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction :)
Hope you will make new contacts on the site soon!

Regards
Armand

Hey Carley!

I'm actually going to be moving to Geneva in August to start work as an au pair as well!  I'm a 23 year old Canadian.  Maybe we can meet up and swap stories when I get there. 

Hope you're enjoying Geneva so far!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, thanks for getting in touch, I would love to meet up when you arrive! When is it you get here? Will you be working as a live in aupair? I am now living with my 'new family' and everything is going well with them, but still feel very bored due to the lack of friends...

My boyfriend works at P@G and Im friends with lots of his friends but its nice to make some of your        own if you know what I mean...anyways I look forward to meeting you!

Carley

Hello, Im also new in Geneva, I work there but I live in France, just near the borderline between France and Switzerland.

I wanna  make friends and improve my english aswell, but I dunno the area at all!

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch! Why don't you add me on facebook-Carley Mearns and we can chat. Maybe we could discover Geneva over a coffee or something whenever your free.

carley3189 wrote:

Hi Rebecca, thanks for getting in touch, I would love to meet up when you arrive! When is it you get here? Will you be working as a live in aupair? I am now living with my 'new family' and everything is going well with them, but still feel very bored due to the lack of friends...

My boyfriend works at P@G and Im friends with lots of his friends but its nice to make some of your        own if you know what I mean...anyways I look forward to meeting you!

Carley

I arrive August 12th.  I am living with the family, which I'm really excited about.  There's no better way to immerse yourself in the language, right?

Can't wait to meet up.  It's nice knowing that there'll be someone else there in the same position as me.  Hope your next few weeks go well!

Rebecca

Yeh, I definitely think it's the best way and if your with a nice family, which I'm sure you are its so good! I find most people very friendly here :) I will also be organising French lessons for myself soon with L'Ecole-club Migros, think its the cheapest option. You thinking of taking lessons? Can't wait to meet you! :)

Hi Carley and Rebbeca, and everybody!

I was recherching to find people in Geneva and I have found this forum I was so happy...I will go there a bit later then you, the 30 august, i will be a live in au pair too:). I'm Agnès I'm french-hungarian, I've lived in France for 3 years now I would like to know Switzerland..If you would like to contact me you can search Margit Agnès Pépin on facebook...

hey im looking for improve my english, i live just near geneva and im also new here, im a french so i would happy to share french basic lesson against english conversation!

Hi everyone i have been in geneva for 4 days now! 27 year old from London, i also work as a nanny/pa for a local family, i would love to go out to some of the amazing bars/clubs and see what geneva has to offer! if you are interested in meeting up my no 0041786769699 Kay.

Hi guys!!! I'm in Lyon at the moment but may come to a lil french village very close to Geneva to work as au pair/nanny!! If I finally make it it would be so nice to meet you all?? Hows life there¿ How do you like the city?

Regards!!

Meritxell

Hiya, ive been here 3 weeks now.. getting to know my way around i have been to a few bars etc... you probably know but it is very expensive here i would recommend you buy all your toiletries to last you some time and favourite brands like marmite,squash, etc as their is not a great variety of things here.
The shops are not great so stock up on primark or zara/h&m before you come! I have met some great people through the website glocals they organise drinks/getogethers etc for new expats to geneva.
I would be happy to meet up for a drink etc.. i love visiting bars etc in Geneva. Send me an email if you fancy it, im 27 single living on the outskirts of town.. work as a nanny/pa.

Hi! I arrived nearly a month a go and am an au pair in Sergy in France which is just outside of Geneva. I am a 19 year old girl from Scotland and would love to meet up other people as I don't really know many people. Post a reply if you are interested in meeting up!

randomrach92 wrote:

Hi! I arrived nearly a month a go and am an au pair in Sergy in France which is just outside of Geneva. I am a 19 year old girl from Scotland and would love to meet up other people as I don't really know many people. Post a reply if you are interested in meeting up!

Hi Rachel,

We can definitely meet up sometime.  Do you have weekends off?

Rebecca

I am always looking to meet new people.. anyone fancy a polo party on saturday?

Hi Rebecca.

That would be great! Yes, I have Weekends free but I also get wednesday's free aswell.

Rachel

LOL I live in Sergy aswell just two step from the church and the bakery, and Im 29 workin in Geneva
Im also new here.

Im french and im looking for people especially foreigners to improve my english.
what does mean Polo party?

Ahh, cool. yeh that's very close to me and I would like to improve my french so that would be good!

I think there are lot of english people in Sergy!

really; do u know any of them? x

Hi to everybody,
I'm Francesco from Italy, I'm 28 y and I'm living in Geneva since last sunday  cause I'm doing a research stage at the HUG!
I'm interested in meeting new peoples here in Geneva.

bonne soirée à tous
F

hello i am diana
would love to work as an aupair or nanny in Geneva i am from Kenya,how  do i go about anyone introduce me to agency or a website that can help me get a family,kindly looking for assistance

Hi di67, why don't you post an advert in Geneva classifieds > community section?

This may help,
Harmonie.:)

Thanks  a lot for your asistance harmonie have realy appreciated.
:)

Me gustaria ponerme en contacto con algun Español que resida en ginebra Suiza,
Un saludo

Hi alex67mar!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please write in English?

Thanks
Armand

Hello, i just moved to Geneva from Connecticut but I am originally from Brazil and I am hoping to meet some friends to go explore the city with, grab drinks with, or to travel with! You can find me on facebook if its easier: facebook.com/profile.php?id=1058803444:)

Hi Carley
I'm moving to Geneva in august for work. My family are staying at home in london till I'm settled 3- 6months in!!! so if you have any advice on meeting new people etc or just how you have found it there, it would be great to hear from you.

Hello Ross N.

This post is dated 2011. :rolleyes:

I invite you to start a new thread on the Geneva forum for more visibility. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello..i am too new to this city..may be we can catchup

Hi yashmarothia,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Can you please introduce yourself with a few words ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi there, hope you are getting on ok.If you would like to chat please drop me a line I am scottish from Edinburgh,regards Don.

Hi - nice to meet you :)

Dear Members,

Please note that this thread is a bit old.. 2011 :/

I suggest you start a new topic on the Geneva Forum please with your questions or for sharing helpful information :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hello, everyone!

I've been living in Geneva for seven months now and I'm really loving it...

I'm a journalist and I work with social media marketing. I was lucky and found a job at a publicity agency, and I've been stuying French too!

I also share my experiences and tips on my blog: jhabiteageneve.wordpress.com/

Nice to meet you all!

Hi,

If you're interested into exploring the city with me, you're welcome.

I just moved to,Geneva, so I may need some help :)

grts

hi,
I am a new in geneva and want to meet other new people.
Please write to me, if you also want to explore city and hang out on weekends.
Bye