Cost of living in San Jose CR

We are presently living in Mexico near Guadalajara, but coming to Costa Rica in Jan to visit and possibly move to in a year.
We would appreciate any advice, thanks. Stella (Mex boomergirl)

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Stella !

I hope other members will give you some advices soon ;)
Do you have specific questions?

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand,
Thanks for your reply, and advice to be more specific. I will edit my question and re-post it. What I want to know is what it costs for different types of food, and for restaurant meals or a cup of coffee. I have already checked out rentals on the internet.
Stella

Hi Stella,
We have a couple of posts on our Blog that you might find helpful:

retireforlessincostarica.com

In the newsletters every month we have a "money saving tip" that talks about costs in particular areas and includes actual prices.

Hope that helps,
Gloria

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive report on the cost of living in Costa Rica! It has been a lot of help to us . I also enjoyed hearing about your 4th of July celebration with friends, and good to know there is that kind of fun- and support during your injury.
It will be a while till we make a move but want to thoroughly check out our options. I wish you the best.
Stella

Thanks Stella.  Let me know if you ever come by San Ramon.:)
Gloria

Hola Stella,

I spent a lot of time in Mexico in the past, rural areas as well as some of the touristy places.  Expect to pay "a lot" more here for pretty much everything.

The crime rate here is less than that of Mexico.  I would say the "average person" here is similar to Mexicans - friendly and nice.  Well, until they get in a car.  Mexicans are much harder workers.

If I did it all over again, I would lean more toward Mexico - due to the cost of living.  Disadvantage I see of Mexico is property ownership. Here you truly "own" the property.

- Dave

That is a very informative website! I just signed up for the newsletter gloriamy.

Hi OldMark!
Glad you like our website. We are sending out the next newsletter today!
Gloria