Running Gear?

Hey guys! 

I just got reassigned here in Riyadh from Dammam.  I used to run with the club in Saudi Aramco, and thus we never had any problems doing our training in proper running shorts.

The problem I have here in Riyadh is that I will not run in those skimpy shorts (unless I plan to spend the night in jail).

Anyway, I also tried running last night around KFMC, and wearing long clothing is pretty annoying.

Does anyone know how shorts can your shorts go when you run on the streets of Riyadh?

Also, is there a place where I can run in Riyadh, where I won't have to worry about the local senses and authorities?  (Much like Dhahran Camp of Saudi Aramco?)

Cheers!

DesertRunner wrote:

Hey guys! 

I just got reassigned here in Riyadh from Dammam.  I used to run with the club in Saudi Aramco, and thus we never had any problems doing our training in proper running shorts.

The problem I have here in Riyadh is that I will not run in those skimpy shorts (unless I plan to spend the night in jail).

Anyway, I also tried running last night around KFMC, and wearing long clothing is pretty annoying.

Does anyone know how shorts can your shorts go when you run on the streets of Riyadh?

Also, is there a place where I can run in Riyadh, where I won't have to worry about the local senses and authorities?  (Much like Dhahran Camp of Saudi Aramco?)

Cheers!

You can run a marathon on Dirab Gold Course, but only when they have them scheduled.

Shorts - it is not advised to do so as you draw too much unwanted attention to yourself (according to the guys here)!  Also, not short, they need to be the long shorts.  You can run on the DQ, why don't you run there?  Did you join the Riyadh Road Runners, you can run on their organised runs.

The DQ is the place to go for a run. There is a nice trail around the perimeter which is about 10 miles around. I have done a good bit if running there and usually go in a singlet and running shorts.
I have never been running out around the streets of the city, the fumes and traffic are all a bit mental.
Send a PM and I will send you a link to the map of the trail.

Hello! I'm franchi and just settled in Riyadh. I would be keen to join a group of runner or know places where it is safe to do so without breaching the law involuntarily. my purpose is to train for healthy reason and not to target a marathon (even if the second doesn't preclude the first). Have a nice week-end.

Cheers

Thierry

check here
http://www.internations.org/activity-group/7048/wall/