Tips from expats in Algiers

Hi all,

everyone can now participate to the Algiers business directory!

You can recommend a professional and indicate you appreciate its services.

> A plumber did a great job with your water leak?

> A restaurant always welcomes you warmly?

> A real estate agent helped you to find your dream home in Algiers?

Come on: share your insider info and tips on local businesses.

What do you think of that new feature?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions,

Julien

(moderated: off topic + pls stop copy paste same message on all the forums.)

Best pizza restaurant in Hydra,actually written outside "business centre" but it is anything but!!! The guy doing the pizzas actually had a pizzeria in Italy and let me tell you the taste is very Italian( I lived in Italy for many yrs) so I can taste a good pizza..lol.. Anyone interested I will give directions..

Hello sistersue.

I invite you to recommend this pizza restaurant into the Algiers Business directory. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I would be moving to Algiers next month.I am from India.
I would like to know from your experience whether its good to relocate algier? is it safe? is it a clean city? how about metropolitan area? any skyscrapers? any entertainment in algiers? how about the climate?what is an average payscale for expats? My contract says only about accommodation. how about food charges?how much do i need to spend per day in general?
do let me know if i should change my plans and skip Algeria. you can email me on:  [email protected]

also would like to know the duration taken by the Algerian officials in Algeria for work permit. I have been waiting for work permit nearly since 4 months. I was told it would be ready by next month.I received the contract letter. Is it true that expats have to send in their original documents(attested at algerian embassy) through courier to the employer in algeria for issuance of work permit?I was told that the algerian officials require originals to check and then issue the letter which would be sent by the employer directly to us ; we need to take it to embassy in India and apply for a visa. If there is any Indian do share about your visa process,procedure and duration taken by the employer to get you in Algeria.

HELLO,

For Visa process, the first thing to do is to get the business Invitation letter from Algeria, letter can be given by any individual who has a business in Algeria, then is applying for Visa from Embassy of Algeria in your country then only you would get a Visa from them, or else you would not get the visa