Retirement visa for Ecuador

To a Facilatator, I am considering immigrating to Eucador with my 2 cats. I have a disability and am a social security pensioner. I would like some information and assistance but cannot afford an attorney. I would like to do as much of the work as I can myself.

missz wrote:

I am considering immigrating to Ecuador with my 2 cats. I have a disability and am a social security pensioner. I would like some information and assistance but cannot afford an attorney.

Welcome to the Ecuador forum, Miss Z.

1.  The minimum reliable income necessary to apply for a pensioner residency visa is $800 per month for a single adult.

2.  If your disability has something to do with breathing or walking, the highlands -- in particular Quito at 9350-foot altitude -- would be problematic.  Most of the city is hilly or inclined and you might be severely limited by altitude or inclines as to where you could live or go.

3. Presuming you have Medicare, it's of no value to you when in Ecuador.  Figure six months or more after you get here before you could have a doctor's appointment under government IESS healthcare:  time to apply for the visa and national ID .. then three monthly payments into the IESS system .. plus time waiting for an appointment.  You'll probably need to know Spanish, or have an interpreter, in order to navigate the IESS system and doctor appointments.

cccmedia in Quito