Regular Expat blog meet up

Hi Flo and Chris,

welcome to the forum and to Malta.

We had a very nice get-together on the beach yesterday with several newcomers. Hope to see you next Wednesday and for as long as the weather permits.

It is about 20 minutes walk from Gzira or a short Arriva bus ride with Nr 12,13,or 14. Check out previous posts for the exact location or send me a private message for details and my phone number.

Cheers
Ricky

Hey!

Me and the boyfriend are moving over on Sunday and was hoping to meet some others like ourselves and guessed this thread was the perfect way to go about it!

We will be living in Gzira, just near the Waterfront Hotel on the Sliema front. I had a look and saw you guys meet on Wednesdays near the Tower. Will you be meeting Wednesday 12th??

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

yes, we will be meeting as long as the weather permits.

Always on a Wednesday at 7 pm and always at the same spot as described in previous posts.

It is about 15-20 minutes walk from the Waterfront hotel in Gzira. If you walk down Dingli Street and cross Tower Road and turn right you are just about there and standing in front of the Torri.

Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Ricky,

Yep I know where you mean used to play in the park there as a kid!

Look forward to meeting you all,

Jessica

Hi everyone,,,
is this meet up Kids friendly ??my husband and I want to join you but I m affraid that if  the location is on the rocky side  then we can't bring the kids ...

Thanks,,,hope to meet you soon :-)

Hi Dania,

our Wednesday Expat meeting is on the rocky side of the Sliema seafront.

It might be a bit boring for kids to sit on the rocks and listen to us chatting -))) But it depends on the kids , I guess.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks ricky
Yes it would be quite borring for kids,, will try to manage come without them next meeting..
Have fun

Dania

Hi everybody!

I'm Helene from Belgium, I'm staying in Malta for 3 months. I'm doing an internship and I hope to improve my English.

I would be happy to meet you. Maybe on the next Wednesday?

Regards

Helene

Hi Helene,

the beach meetings are still on . This Wednesday at 7 pm. For the exact location check out previous posts. It is near the Torri next to Independence Gardens.

Ilona is looking after the group as I'm in Germany for 3 weeks.

Cheers
Ricky

is there a get together during sundays?coz i love to join for i dont have friends here in malta :(

Hi danicateh!

Are you on Facebook? If so search "Feel @ home" or "Another superlicious BBQ". On Sunday there will be a BBQ in Sliema at the beach.

Tekla

Hi everyone, Just arrived in Malta 2 weeks ago and would like to come along to the Wednesday evening meet up in Sliema. Is there one arranged for tomorrow evening at 7pm as usual?

Georgette

Hi Georgette,

I'm away in Germany until next week but as far as I know the meetings are still on every Wednesday at 7 pm at the usual location ( see previous posts ).

The weather is still very nice but you might need a warm jacket on the seafront.

I think Tekla is taking care and should be there to welcome you.

Cheers
Ricky

Greetings Maltis, :mad: ( jealous not there yet )

I need some help because I keep having trouble finding sites that advertise inexpensive bedrooms for rent other than here, JustLanded and TimesofMalta, or I experience problems receiving replies to messages I write to people on the above webpages.

Please let me know if you can provide any other suggestions, ideas, solutions, etc.

Sorry because I prefer not having to stay at a Hostel but I was hoping to find something that included utilities with unlimited High Speed Internet for a max of two hundred a month ??????????

Hi PChef,

welcome to the forum.

You should check out the ' Housing' section. I think this forum is one of the best places to find shared accomodation and for the amount you quoted you should be able to find a room in a shared appartment!

Feel free to post your own add in the 'Housing' section.

Cheers
Ricky

Greetings WebGod = Ricky ( Admin )  :D

You can rest assured that I review all channels available and have only recently considered trying to connect with other users via the forum or the blogs because some of the posts on the the Housing Section are old, insufficient for me, etc.

Thanks for the advice and if you know of any others please feel free to shoot me a message.

ricky wrote:

Hi PChef,

welcome to the forum.

You should check out the ' Housing' section. I think this forum is one of the best places to find shared accomodation and for the amount you quoted you should be able to find a room in a shared appartment!

Feel free to post your own add in the 'Housing' section.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi!
I just arrived in Malta for a 6-month internship. I live in Sliema and would be pleased to meet some people:-)
Is there any wednesday evening meet up to come? And is there any meeting during the weekend?

Regards
Noemie

Hi !

Is there a meeting coming up on today ? :)
If yes where exactly ?

Hi Frediy!

Welcome to join us at the beach 7.00pm to night

The seafront rocks beneath Tower Road just next to and below the old  watchtower overlooking the Exiles club
Go down the steps next to the Creperie  kiosk at the Tower and head for the water , you should see us to your right  on the rocks near the water .

Bring whatever you want to eat and drink and share .

See you,
Tekla

Hi all,

many thanks to Ilona and Tekla for looking after the meetings while I was away in Germany.

At the moment it looks as if the weather could be bad on Wednesday 24 th October (evening) but I think it is too early to move indoors altogether! So lets decide on Wednesday.

We will meet at our usual spot on the beach but if the weather is bad we will meet at Surfside restaurant which is just a few minutes along Tower Road. So if you come along at 7.15 pm and there is no one on the beach just walk along to Surfside.

Look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday.

Cheers
Ricky

PS If any of you on our mailing list have left the island or don't wish to receive the mail just let me know.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,
Just checking if there is a meeting tomorrow? Super excited to be here and looking forward to meeting people :D
Cheers,
Eva

Hi Eva,

yes, we are meeting at Surfside restaurant on Tower Road in Sliema

http://www.surfsidemalta.com/

at 7 pm tomorrow evening as usual.

Probably inside downstairs as it is quite windy.

Look forward to meeting you and any other newcomer on Wednesday 14th November.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the meet up on Wednesday. Incredibley I met a lady I went to uni with who I haven't seen in years! What a small world. I will endevour to make the weekly get together a regular part of my life. Thanks again :D
Eva

Hi Eva,

it was great meeting you. I've added your e-mail to our mailing list. Thanks for reminding me -)))

Look forward to seeing you next week.

Ricky

Hi everyone,

I'm 21 and i have arrived Malta one week ago, I'm in Sliema right now. Is there any meeting this week?

Hi zeroonet,

we meet every Wednesday at Surfside restaurant in Sliema at 7 pm.

If there is any change I will post it here.

Newcomers are always welcome.

So see you this evening -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky,

Okay. It is easy to find the group inside surfside correct? If not, how can i find you guys? :D

Hi zeroonnet,

we are always on the lower level and in the left corner .

Just ask for Expats or Ricky . Usually at 7 pm this time of the year it is not that full.

Cheers
Ricky

We are preparing on moving to Malta soon - at the moment we are living in Croatia but I am visiting Sliema next week for four weeks and would like to attend one of the meet ups if you still have them

Are there any planned and is the venue still the Surfside ??

Looking forward to meeting with a few people to find out the in and outs of moving to Malta etc

Valerie

Hi Valerie,

yes, it's still Surfside and it's every Wednesday at 7 pm.

Look forward to seeing you and any other newcomers there.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks - shall hopefully meet up when I am over - have lots of questions !!!

Hi,

I arrived in December and I am looking for making new friends here. Are you meeting this week ?

Marion

Hi Marion,

we meet every Wednesday at Surfside in Sliema at 7 pm.

Look forward to seeing you.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

just a reminder that our Expat group is meeting today (Wednesday) at Surfside restaurant in Sliema from 7 pm onwards.

We might be a smaller group this week as several regulars are away at the moment and I myself have to attend an alternate event. With a bit of luck I'll join in around 9 pm.

I know several newcomers wanted to join in but I'm sure you will find each other -))) We always use a table in the left corner of the lower level - just pass the counter and turn left.

Have a lot of fun.
Ricky

Hi all,

this is just a reminder ( see other post about new meeting place) that as from tomorrow ( 23 rd January 2013) the regular Expat meeting is relocating to Bianco's restaurant on Spinola Bay.

http://www.biancos.info/

Time is the same ....every Wednesday from 7 pm onwards ....until Spring !

We look forward to seeing all new and old regulars at the new venue. If in doubt send me a private message.

Cheers
Ricky

Hello Ricky and all

I'm a Malteser who just returned to Malta after 7 years living and working in Belgium. As most of my friends have parted ways, I would like to meet people and make new friends...so in many ways I consider myself an expatriate. Would be happy to join you guys if you accept Maltese in your circle:) Could you let me know where and when is your next meet-up happening?

Cheers
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

you are welcome -)))

See the previous posts. We meet every Wednesday.

Cheers
Ricky

i would like to meet new people from malta or, living in malta, so, if you are interested then,  send me a message.

Hi nunomoniz,

welcome to the forum.

Are you already in Malta?

If so, feel free to come along to one of our Wednesday meetings in St. Julians.

Cheers
Ricky

Where in st Julians do you meet?