Regular Expat blog meet up

Hi everybody!
Anybody would like to arrange a group meet up this week for a casual beer in Sliema/st.julians area?:)

Hi Emma,

Make a suggestion! Chad , are you and Pauline in too ?

I'll be inviting to a beach picnic in Sliema next week.

Cheers

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

What about thursday if we can get some more to join?:)
Picnic sounds great for next week...

Hi Emma,

Thursday 7 th is fine. How about 8 pm? Somewhere along the Sliema seafront? Anybody else going to join in?

Cheers
Ricky

If some more are joining thursday at 8 would be great!How about timesquare?
/Emma

Love to join you (especially as Times Square is close to my place) but unfortunately I am away at the moment... plus I'm probably too old for you young sprogs :(;)

Regardless... hope you all have a fun time...

Cheers (and maybe next time)

Mike

Times Square is fine with me!

And Mike, I'm not the youngest either-)))

So anybody else coming along ?

Ricky

Lucky blighters... wish I was there (but hopefully will be by next week with lots of goodies)

So Emma, Rick (et al) have a cisk (or 3) for me !!!

Enjoy

Mike

So itŽs only Ricky and me who are up for a beer?come on guys and girls!more people to join us!:):D

Hi Emma,

not just us .....Ilene will be coming along too !

Uven, Anna, Silke ......? nobody else ? I think there will be a few more !

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Dee,

don't worry -))) Of course you are on the mailing list but this meeting didn't go per e-mail. Just here on the forum.

Would be nice if you come tomorrow evening.

Time Square is near the Preluna Hotel on Tower Road.

Cheers
Ricky

So how did the 'Times Square' event go? Come on, spill the beans and is there likely to be another (soon)??? :P

Hi Mike,

we had a very nice evening. It was very nice to meet the folks behind the forum names. Nice bunch-))

And yes. there will be more.

I'll post the invitation for our Wednesday picnic on the beach meeting later today.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

I just realized that I forgot to post the details for the Wednesday beach picnic.Sorry.

Here they are a bit late but ....

" Hi all,

It's time for our next picnic on the beach. And coming week will be really hot! Hopefully we have a nice little breeze from the water.

It will be this coming Wednesday  , 13 th July from 7 pm  onwards on the seafront rocks beneath Tower Road just next to and below the old watchtower (Torri) overlooking the Exiles club. Go down the steps next to the kiosk at the tower and you should see us below. It is also just past the childrens playground after Independance Gardens when you are walking along Tower Road  towards Sliema.

Bring whatever you want to eat and drink and share .

See you all there.

Ricky + Ilene "

Regards

I just realized today is wednesday....   I'll see if I can talk Poli into it :)

Hi All, do you do these meet ups regularly??? Moving over in a couple of months and want to get meeting people as soon as I can xxx

Hi,

yes, we do meet on a regular basis. Just had our Wednesday beach picnic yesterday. We have a mailing list so if you want to be added send me your e-mail through PM.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Ricky, are the kiddies allowed along too? IŽll send you my email xxx

Don't see any reason why not although the picnic is in the evening and there is not much there for the kids to do - just sit on the rocks and chat might be a bit boring for them.

Maybe we can start a kids section as there is a nice playground up next to the Torri tower?

How old are your kids?

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky can get a bit rowdy after a few Cisk!

Ha Ha sheŽs only 18 months so maybe a sitter is in order, sounds like fun xx

Hi all,

our next beach picnic in Sliema is coming Wednesday 10 th August at 7 pm. Anybody not on our mailing list can send me an PM for the details.

Look forward to seeing our regulars and also newbies there.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi all,

our next beach picnic in Sliema is coming Wednesday 10 th August at 7 pm. Anybody not on our mailing list can send me an PM for the details.

Look forward to seeing our regulars and also newbies there.

Cheers
Ricky

My wife and I are planning on being there - probably our last.

Tim

Great... and I have to be in Sunny UK on 10th...  sorry to miss you and your family Hammersfan,  maybe you can squeeze another in before you go.  If not,  good luck for the future guys.

xx

I want into.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it to the picnic tonight - but it looks like we will still be on the island next Wednesday...so hopefully then.

Sorry that you can't make it tonight.

Hope to see you next Wednesday Tim.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

this weeks beach picnic will be on Thursday 18 th.

PM for details.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi all,

this weeks beach picnic will be on Thursday 18 th.

PM for details.

Cheers
Ricky

:( because we won't be able to attend because we're leaving the island that day :)

Hi Tim,

I'm very sorry about that too but all the participants last week agreed on switching to a Thursday this week. At that time I didn't know that you would be leaving on Thursday.

But there's always a next time and when you are back on the rock we will schedule a beach picnic just to celebrate your visit :D

And if you ever want to escape the great weather in the UK you are always welcome to stay over - we have a few spare rooms!

Cheers
Ricky

No worries. Cheers and enjoy the picnic...wave at the plane as it flies overhead at about 9:30PM

We'll stay in touch for sure, and see you on future visits.

Tim

Hi all,

our next picnic on the beach will be this coming Thursday , 25 th August from 7 pm  onwards on the seafront rocks beneath Tower Road just next to and below the old  watchtower overlooking the Exiles club. The weather should be really nice and warm -)))) You can swim there too !

Please note that we are sticking to the Thursday date.

Go down the steps next to the Creperie  kiosk at the tower and head for the water , you should see us to your right  on the rocks near the water .

Bring whatever you want to eat and drink and share . If you are coming send me a private message and I will send you my mobile phone number in case you don't find us right away.

See you all there. The last events were a lot of fun.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi all,

our next picnic on the beach is on Thursday 1 st September. For the other details see the previous picnic post.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky, put a spot on a google map and post it, can you park near it, ta, Jim.

Hi Jim,

I have no idea how to post a Google map on the forum :|

It's in Sliema so parking depends a bit on your luck but if you don't find a spot on Tower Road then just turn into one the side streets opposite.

When you are close you can call me for guidance.

Cheers
Ricky

Sorry we never made it over tonight Ricky, Bev a bit tired, hope you had fun. Jim n Bev

Hi there. I plan to live in Malta next year how has it been for you so far?

Lisa.

Hi everyone,

Sounds like a lot of fun you guys and gals are up to .. My wife and I recently moved to Xemxija (from Holland). Are these open-for-all gatherings ? ... hint hint :-)

Nicholis

Hi everyone. When I come to Malta I would love to meet up with you all.

Lisa.

Hi all,

yes, these get-togethers on the beach in Sliema are open to all. As posted please send me your e-mail through PM to be added to the invitation list.

Due to the deteriorating weather conditions and cooler evenings we have stopped the beach picnics for the moment. I'm away for two weeks and after that I will see about organizing a weekly meeting somewhere along the Sliema sea-front in one of the many restaurants to keep us going through the winter.

Cheers
Ricky