Dog boarding kennels

Hello
we're living at the otherside of the border and about to open a Dog Hotel, how can we reach english speaking dog owners in Hungary? If you have any suggestions please send them by mail - our address can be found at our website:Dog Hotel southern Slovakia (ww.dog-hotel.eu)
We are located 20 km from Balassagyarat - 111 km from Budapest.

Not sure.
It's a good thing to start here.

Then there's advertisement.

Local newspapers.

But why would you try to get people from Hungary?

And why English speaking?

Anyhow, there's a German speaking magazine / newspaper that comes once a month.
It's called "Balaton Zeitung".
I can try to find the details for you, if you want.

Just let me know.

And Best of Luck!

Hello Nicole
Thanks for your reply. We are looking to extend our network in Hungary because it's very close to where we live.
We're looking for English speaking people since we dont speak Hungarian and it is a rather luxurious product we offer, mostly expats might be interested. However we are also looking for other expats, we speak French, English, Dutch and German so please send us the details of the German Zeitung - do you know if the Germans in Hungary have a forum?

Thanks a lot
Bernadette

Hi Bernadette,

as far as I know there's no forum, no.
But then, we travel too much to really get a clue.

You might be able to learn more from the newspaper.
Here's a link to their website:
http://www.balaton-zeitung.de/
If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Do you have a website?

Best wishes, Nicole

Hello Nicole
Thanks a lot. I have checked the Zeitungs website - looks very nice. We're certainly going to advertise in it.
We have a website:

[moderated: no free ads]

We are now going to translate the site into German as well and focus a little bit more on Hungary.

Just one question: do Germans living in Hungary speak English (ingeneral terms speaking ofcourse)?

detnol > please stop posting your website address in all your posts, we don't accept free advertisement on the forum. We are here to help, not to promote your business for free (next time I'll delete your account)

Thanks for your comprehension

Cher Julien
Je m'excuse, je ne savais pas que c'est interdit de mentionner l'adresse de notre site-web mais biensur tu as raison......
I did put it in the last one since Nicole asked if we do have a website......

This forum - or to be more specific Nicoles answers - have been very helpfull! I hope you keep my account in the air!:/
I am still looking for tips on how and where to reach the expat community of (Northern-) Hungary - and especially the dog owners amongst them.

detnol wrote:

Just one question: do Germans living in Hungary speak English (ingeneral terms speaking ofcourse)?

I doubt it.
Most of them are older people that live here for retirement.
I would generally try to advertise in English and German.

Thanks
I worked for a German organisation abroad and noticed some English language problems........ so we will start to translate our website (url not mentioned :rolleyes:)

I have found two Balaton Zeitungs:
http://www.balaton-zeitung.de
and
http://www.balaton-zeitung.info/
Which one is the real one??

Well, the .de one was the one I found and looks like the one we get in paper.
Maybe send them an email for inquiry?

If you need some proof reading, let me know.

I have added your link to my linkblog. No guarantees, but one never knows ;)

NicoleB wrote:

Well, the .de one was the one I found and looks like the one we get in paper.
Maybe send them an email for inquiry?

I have now noticed that they both have the same contact-address, must be the same?!

NicoleB wrote:

If you need some proof reading, let me know.

Thanks THANKS! The website will be translated by a German friend (at least we hope so) so that should be fine, however I have one sentence for our flyer which I would like to be translated in decent German. I and my husband speak Rudi Carel-German, not really correct enough to put on a flyer. I hope you dont mind doing this - I will send it by private message - the moderator might otherwise acuse me of advertising :/

NicoleB wrote:

I have added your link to my linkblog. No guarantees, but one never knows ;)

Danke schon!

[Moderated: please register yourself into Business directory]

Hi, I am an English expat living in Budapest and I am also a dog owner. The places I generally look for stuff are here, XPatloop.com where you can post a free ad. Funzine, which is an English language free magazine. It also might be worth checking out TimeOut Budapest which is also in English. I am also on Facebook page Expat Info - Budapest. Finally it may be worth speaking to Stuart who runs expatshungary.com I know he has various partnerships with some businesses and can provide advertising, etc. Good luck.

Check out Dogmopolite in Budapest, address on Internet. Good place.

Hi!
I would like to recommend a dogsitter(doghotel) in Budapest: dogsitter.gportal.hu