Expats currently in ISB?

I am in Islamabad on a temporary stay for work and was wondering if any other subscribing expats are interested in meeting for dinner sometime this week.  Let me know if anyone is interested and / or has any suggestions.

Pakistan doesn't seem to have much of an active expat community :( If I was there I'd love to meet up!

You can say that again.

Primarily there is not much of an expat community to begin with given the security situation and whatnot.

Most expats are attached to the various missions and probably barricaded behind security in their various compounds.

We had a pretty lively forum in Libya, probably the liveliest around, Julien might have the info on the statistics.

We are now in Karachi "temporarily" till something concrete comes up on the radar. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance here please feel free to drop me a line.

Take it easy.

Siddiqui

i live in bahria town rwp and i have seen many foriegners around bahria town and islamabad... british, american and eastern europeans...

Hi Kayaker and all,

I work/live in UAE but I keep visiting Islamabad regularly. Let me know if you come to Islamabad again and needs company. I would love to be the host.

alyssa89 wrote:

i live in bahria town rwp and i have seen many foriegners around bahria town and islamabad... british, american and eastern europeans...

hi, gloria jeans serves at two areas in Bahria Town. it is nice place for meeting and drinking something. this is just a suggestion that sharing something friendly. I am living in Bahria Town too. also some places in islamabad for dinner. fish restaurant, Chinese restaurants and more...

if there are too many foreigners in here, may be we can meet here or islamabad, altogether.

Hey Y'all!

I am looking for a place in Islamabad. I tried searching google but I am not getting any legit places. I will be living alone but I would not mind living with someone if they are dependable.
I am going to be doing my LLB.

Can anyone suggest me places to rent. And how are studio apartments in Islamabad? If anyone knows the prices?
And is it better to get a place on installments lets say if I consider buying a place instead of renting? If you know how that works through a bank, please advise how it works.

And what is the current situation in pakistan? I know the media is kinda biased but I want to know from someone who is already there. I have visited Islamabad a few time in the past 5 years but living there is different than visiting I guess.

Thankyou everyone in advance!

bahria town is the place to be in islamabad. no loadsheding no security problems.. and u can visit there website.. studio apartments are good and luxurious and cost around 3 million rupee for a fully furnished single room studio apartment in phase 1 and around 6 million for 2 bed apartments..

kayitslatenight wrote:

Hey Y'all!

I am looking for a place in Islamabad. I tried searching google but I am not getting any legit places. I will be living alone but I would not mind living with someone if they are dependable.
I am going to be doing my LLB.

Can anyone suggest me places to rent. And how are studio apartments in Islamabad? If anyone knows the prices?
And is it better to get a place on installments lets say if I consider buying a place instead of renting? If you know how that works through a bank, please advise how it works.

And what is the current situation in pakistan? I know the media is kinda biased but I want to know from someone who is already there. I have visited Islamabad a few time in the past 5 years but living there is different than visiting I guess.

Thankyou everyone in advance!

hi

i can help you in this matter if you want me to not a big problem your talking about alot of places are available in any range .thx best of luck