Any scuba clubs in Al Khobar, Al Dammam, or Dhahran area?

I haven't even started working yet but I found out already the base where I'll be working Dhahran AB will be closed during Ramadan and I will be off from Aug 24 to Sep 10.

I'm looking to find out if anyone from the area is going to the Red Sea for diving in that time period and needs a dive buddy.  Also where is the closest shop to get my reg serviced?

There's a dive shop right next to lemeredian hotel in khobar

R u the one who told me not to come to Dhahran a couple weeks ago?

Yep!!

So what got you soured on the place, the job?

hey i am asking where can i go for windsurfing or kite surfing here in khobbar if any one intersted from you contact me please 0540526165 or by mail [email protected]

Hi
I'm nex here and looking to do some activities, anyone know where to find a scuba diving club near Jubail, Khobar, Dammam ??

Hi Kinan and Rbogie. I don't know any scuba clubs in this area, Although I think there is one in Dhahran camp, which is for people working in aramco only. Other than that I don't know. If your interested in making a club I would like to join too. So let me know if you guys are still interested.

Guys, my name is John, I picked up diving after coming to Saudi, mostly we divein the Jubail area and occassionaly at the red sea - Jeddah.

PM me your email address and phone number and I will keep you guys posted on the upcoming dives.(A lotof people interested, email/whatsapp is the best way for me to keep track of the interested people) Now with the weathers changing the tides high, dives are not happening that often.

Our team is heading to Jeddah Jan 1st the seats are all booked out as of now, though. :(

We are a team of Americans, Brits, South Africans, Indians, Greek and Saudis. Its a great time. Welcome all of you.

Seats now open for the Jeddah dive. Last minute drop outs

Our team from Dammam/Jubail is Diving in Jeddah, Jan first week, 5 seats remaining, if anyone is interested and is certified, let me know.

Syed, please chk your email.

Hello,

DO you know of anyone who offers tutorial on open sea diving? I would love to do some diving.

I can swim :-)

Please pm me if by chance you know of any.

cheers,

Rei

PM ed you the details Rei

I know two shop near khobar corniche. They are both behind le meridan in khobar

https://maps.google.com.sa/maps?hl=en&l … 1&t=h&z=18

Hi all,

Anyone diving in the Damman area on 9,10 May ?

Graham

That's a weekend so you probably find someone diving that day, But It's hard to find people diving in dammam side, You might find people diving in jubail more likely.

Are you certified?

Syedahmedrazaabidi wrote:

That's a weekend so you probably find someone diving that day, But It's hard to find people diving in dammam side, You might find people diving in jubail more likely.

Are you certified?

what is the procedure to get diving certificate/license,
what are the charges/fee to get diving training
requirements ? here in Dammam/Khobar area ?

valar_morghulis wrote:
Syedahmedrazaabidi wrote:

Are you certified?

what is the procedure to get diving certificate/license,
what are the charges/fee to get diving training
requirements ? here in Dammam/Khobar area ?

You need to train under a trained scuba diver. and pass an exam. this will get you certified. It will cost you around 1800 SR to get certified.

GrahamRead wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone diving in the Damman area on 9,10 May ?

Graham

We usually dive in Jubail and there is high chance there will be one happening in that weekend.

Since you are here for a short visit, i doubt you will be carrying your diving equipment, the basic equipment's you will need. (Suit, Shoes, Fins, Snorkel, Goggle) The tanks, weights, regulators and BCD can be rented. You let me know and I will see what I can do.

John

I'm not 100 Sure if they have the same procedure here as they had in uae but you need to know swimming and floating for 18m or just floating for 12m, They will ask you to swim 200m without fins, snorkel and mask other wise 300m with fins, snorkel and mask and float for 10minutes.

200m swim is not none stop but you can't stand up or hold anything (you can float to rest up) in floating you don't need to just float for 10 minutes you can swim around too, but don't touch the ground or use support, There will be 2 pools dives and 2 sea dives, THey make you practice something which will come handy in different situation in real life.

It will cost you 1800 for whole thing, (they will provide you with equipments).
If you want I can give you contact no of some instructors and shops.

Most of them I know are very nice and helpful.

Thanks for the information.
I'm already NAUI qualified with around 10 dives completed post qualification.
Do you have any contact details for dive centres in Damman or Jubail ?

GrahamRead wrote:

Thanks for the information.
I'm already NAUI qualified with around 10 dives completed post qualification.
Do you have any contact details for dive centres in Damman or Jubail ?

Two dive centers in Khobar, behind Le Meridien -Sharkys and Dive Master (not sure about the second name). I dont have the contact details for em.

Hello everybody, I am an advanced open water diver with 50+ logged dives. Wish to join a diving club or group of divers for some activities. If someone could advice thats will be great.

Don't know if there are clubs here (except for aramco one which is for aramco people only). But there are instructors who do a dive trips and you can go diving with them and make friends. There lot of divers in eastern region so making a club won't be hard or just knowing someone to dive with.
Inbox me and I'll give you some instructors no.

Hi, Am will be visiting Al khobar for work as from Sunday, 16 June 2013.

Can u help me with the names of any diving oprators in Dammam?

Kind regards

Derek

There's sharky and one right next to it, Don't know the name, Just go to padi shop and locate a dive shop there, You will find them on khobar corniche, there are two more on the map but there no don't work so not sure if they are still active or not.

Hi,

My team organizes diving trips on most weekends. We dive mostly in Jubail and are all from Dammam, Khobar area. If a dive team is what you are looking for kindly PM me and I will arrange it for you.

If you are looking to buy gears, Sharkys & Scuba Master are two dive shops in Khobar benind Le Meridian Hotel.

Regards,
John Kuriakose

Hi John,

The only day Derek has for a couple of dives is on Thursday, 20 June. He is only visiting for a week for work.

Will you be able to help? Can you provide us with a contact number for you or an e-mail address?

Kind Regards

Annelize for Derek

Dear Annelize for Derek,

Please check your inbox.

Regards,
John

hi guys
       can somebody from you make dive here in dammam or khobar area,please inform me so that i can join your group if possible..i dive before in jeddah area then my company transfer me here in dammam so i dont have any info about dive site here..I'am a dive master in PADI License,

Nasty81,

There are dive spots in Dammam - HalfMoon Beach, but the visiblity there is too low. So we usually dive in Jubail. Now its out of season because of the cold weather and heavy wind. Stay in touch and will post you when new dive trips are planned.

Cheers,
John

hello john,

thanks for the info,i hope someday i can join you for any of your dive..

have a nice day

hi sir im doan i just want to ask where can i dive in jubail?

Is there any scuba diving resort or beach in khobar dahran or damam?

i there any available diving school in Khobar or in Dammam  during Friday and Saturday?

I definitely would like to dive once or twice while I'm here. I haven't in a long time, though, so I may have to refresh myself before or during. O_o

where to dive in jubail and can you provide your number to coordinate further as me and my friends are planning to enjoy the scuba on any upcoming weekend.

Hey, I'm Interested in scuba diving. Could you please let me know where and when you are going and how many members will be there in group? Where is the exact location you will be going? Details about charges? How many days? Waiting for your response **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.
khanzain632 wrote:

Hey, I'm Interested in scuba diving. Could you please let me know where and when you are going and how many members will be there in group? Where is the exact location you will be going? Details about charges? How many days? Waiting for your response **

hello khanzain632 and welcome to Expat.com

For info you are participating on a thread initiated in 2011 and inactive for a long time now. You may not receive any response.

Regards
Kenjee

Please check Bateel divers page on facebook, Or visit sharky's in al khobar.

Hi I am looking for some place where we can have session for 3 scuba .. on Thursday. . Who don't know how to swin.. my teenager kids .. of anyone can help ..xxx
Mrs shahid

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct